Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Agape4Robin

beanieboy said:
Buddhism doesn't worship Buddha.
Read about it. The majority of it is similar to what Christ taught.

Do I think that being gay isn't a sin because I am? No. Sometimes I smoke. That's bad for my body. I know that. I just do sometimes any way. Sometimes I get angry and use bad language out of anger. Do I think it isn't a sin because I do it? No. I know that it is wrong, and it is bad to let my emotions get the better of me.

But I can't find any negative consequence on being homosexual. None.

Do I believe the bible says it's wrong? From what I've researched, some of it was talking about male protitutes used in temple worship. (Those who want to believe that it is black and white won't admit that, even though it has been researched.)

Do you believe homosexuality as we understand it today is the same way that it was understood then?

Have you ever spent time on a site like www.whosoever.org and read what the other side has to say?

It's more complicated than people are willing to admit.
Similarity to what Christianity teaches, is another word for counterfeit. The Jews were given the word of God first, then the gentiles through Christ were grafted onto the tree. Buddhism is a false religion that teaches false hope that you will go on after death, but the only thing that will await you after death is hell if you cling to this false religion all because you want to justify your pet sin and make it ok for you in your head.

Temple prostitutes? Yeah, ok.....go with that. I guess it satisfies your conscience so that you don't have to face God in your defiance. Keep in mind that you will face Him, and when you do, you will be without excuse.

I feel sorry for you and I will pray for you.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So, A4R, what do you think of rebellious people who deny, and defy God, and His rule, constantly, in the face of the witness of all types of Christians, and refuse the truth?

Ninjashadow

julie21 said:
That is interesting that you say back then, calling someone a 'snake' or 'viper' was just as bad as calling someone a 'faggot'' nowadays. Have you evidence for that Ninja?

Calling someone a viper was the same as calling them evil. To a pharisee that would be very derogatory seeing as how the pharisees saw themselves as being "holier than thou."

Sincerely interested in your arrival at that conclusion and the evidence for it.
Hey, if you'd like to be Christ-like, and basically repeat His words, then call homosexuals snakes or vipers.;)

It's common sense, J21. Jesus called an evil person evil and if I want to be Christ like, I'll call a homosexual faggot.

Good to see that the 'yes' camp have employed people on the campaign trail.

Perhaps that's because we aren't antiquated in our beliefs.

Ninjashadow

beanieboy said:
Again, you take it out of context. Why am I surprised.
He was yelling at the leaders of the Temple who were blind guides, and therefore, claiming to teach people the law and the way of God, but doing the opposite.

He wasn't saying this to the prostitutes, or tax collectors, or any of those referred to as "sinners."

I'm not surprised that you are trying to exuse your lifestyle. Ok, Jesus was calling the pharisees vipers, I agree with that. However, the prostitutes and whatnots changed their ways and began following Jesus. Homosexuals do not. Not the same thing.

Agape4Robin

Lighthouse said:
So, A4R, what do you think of rebellious people who deny, and defy God, and His rule, constantly, in the face of the witness of all types of Christians, and refuse the truth?
Like I said at the end of my last post.......You will have to face God one day and when you do, you will be without excuse.

What I think about the people themselves is irrelevant. I can't save them and I can't condemn them, but Jesus Christ can.

Caille

granite1010 said:
Yes. I find calling him by his actual name is better than referring to him as

Lighthouse
Lightweight
Dimshack
Dimbulb
Pew groveling Bible thumping Philistine

You get the idea.

:chuckle:

Didja ever see the Monty Python skit about the game show where they were trying to come up with derogatory names for people from Belgium ?
Offered were:

the Phlegms
the Sprouts
I can't think of anything more derogatory than "people from Belgium"
and the winner was...
miserable fat Belgian bastards

Caille

beanieboy said:
Believe me, as a christian, this was a hard issue to deal with, and I researched it a lot.
I actually moved away from christianity because of the initial callousness people had towards those with AIDS, claiming it was God's punishment, or of telling gay people they couldn't attend their services, but everyone else (people who got drunk, people who had premarital sex - basically ANYONE but homosexuals) could attend.

And I realized that Modern Christianity is so far removed from what Jesus taught, that I asked for God to guide me, and he pointed me towards Buddhism.

Beanie - not the majority, just the noisy ones - you know, clanging gongs and all that....

BTW - I liked the old avatar

beanieboy

Agape4Robin said:
Similarity to what Christianity teaches, is another word for counterfeit. The Jews were given the word of God first, then the gentiles through Christ were grafted onto the tree. Buddhism is a false religion that teaches false hope that you will go on after death, but the only thing that will await you after death is hell if you cling to this false religion all because you want to justify your pet sin and make it ok for you in your head.

Temple prostitutes? Yeah, ok.....go with that. I guess it satisfies your conscience so that you don't have to face God in your defiance. Keep in mind that you will face Him, and when you do, you will be without excuse.

I feel sorry for you and I will pray for you.

I appreciate your prayers.
If I am wrong, I assume that your God will lead me in the error of my ways.

I don't think, however, that similarity is the same thing as conterfeit.

For example, Buddhism teaches that you are to return curse with blessing.
Is that counterfeit, simply because it agrees with christianity?

Agape4Robin

beanieboy said:
I appreciate your prayers.
If I am wrong, I assume that your God will lead me in the error of my ways.

I don't think, however, that similarity is the same thing as conterfeit.

For example, Buddhism teaches that you are to return curse with blessing.
Is that counterfeit, simply because it agrees with christianity?
Christ taught nothing new except the fact that He came to be the long awaited Jewish messiah. Buddah was not ignorant of the old testament prophets and teachings. Which is spiritual truth. God has placed within every human the desire to know God and to worship Him, but satan twists and turns this desire to please the flesh. Every human being worships someone or something.
Faith requires that we trust in God and His goodness. Not ourselves or others. Jesus said that we should put on the mind of a child. That is trusting God unconditionally. It's not easy to do. And it can seem complicated, but trust in Jesus. Let Him guide you and heal you. Be aware that there is an enemy of your soul who's ultimate goal is to defy God and destroy His creation.....you! But be encouraged, Christ has already defeated him, and when you trust Jesus, you will be better equipped to resist satan's attacks.

Beanieboy, I will continue to pray for you. You seem like a great guy and I would like to see you in heaven one day and rejoice with you over what Christ did for us!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Like I said at the end of my last post.......You will have to face God one day and when you do, you will be without excuse.

What I think about the people themselves is irrelevant. I can't save them and I can't condemn them, but Jesus Christ can.
:yawn:

1] If they don't know why they need Jesus, shouldn't you tell them?
2] Without excuse for what?
3] People condemn themselves, by denying Christ.

Agape4Robin

Lighthouse said:
:yawn:

1] If they don't know why they need Jesus, shouldn't you tell them?
2] Without excuse for what?
3] People condemn themselves, by denying Christ.
I think maybe you should wake up :Brandon: and actually read what I said. :readthis:

For what? :bang: Denying Christ..... :duh:

People may condemn themselves,( that's true see John 3:18) but like I said, What I think about them is irrelevant. I can't save them nor condemn them, but Christ can.

Me being abrasive or condescending is not going to reach them. It's not like their going to say, "Hmmm......she's being a jerk. :think: Maybe I am going to hell!! :noway: Wow, I should change my ways and get right with God!" :thumb:
:nono: :rolleyes:

P. S. Why are you so against me? :confused:

Caledvwlch

Agape4Robin said:
I think maybe you should wake up :Brandon: and actually read what I said. :readthis:

People may condemn themselves,( that's true see John 3:18) but like I said, What I think about them is irrelevant. I can't save them nor condemn them, but Christ can.

Me being abrasive or condescending is not going to reach them. It's not like their going to say, "Hmmm......she's being a jerk. :think: Maybe I am going to hell!! :noway: Wow, I should change my ways and get right with God!" :thumb:

He needs someone to pick on...

Caledvwlch

I know what you're saying, Robin. He's not a terribly nice guy on the forum. He may be great in person, but we wouldn't know, would we?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:

I have not denied Christ. So what exactly is it that I do not have an excuse for?

I was agreeing that we can not condemn anyone. And Christ doesn't condemn people either. They condemn themselves!

So, um, why was Jesus abrasive? And why did Nicodemus, one of the people He was abrasive to, come to Him?:think:

I'm not against you. I disagree with you, and I will continue to, unless one of us changes our mind. Seeing as how I changed mine about a year ago, I don't think it'll be me.:nono:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:
I know what you're saying, Robin. He's not a terribly nice guy on the forum. He may be great in person, but we wouldn't know, would we?
You could ask Jefferson.