In general, what do you think of TV?

In general, what do you think of TV?

• I love it! TV is a big part of my life.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • TV is good. I watch it at least some everyday.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Its OK. TV is somewhat useful.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I could do without TV, although I do watch it on occaision.

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • TV is not part of my life. I rarely if ever watch TV.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • TV is awful.

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

Rimi

Oh, there are other channels?

Fox News, Sci Fi, History Channel, Military Channel, Animal Planet (3 dogs).
And when they finally sleep, then I can catch up on HGTV and Foodnetwork.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
TV - ebay style

TV - ebay style

How could you not love TV these days? There is literally something for everyone! Personally, I love real life medical programs, like "Trauma, Life in the ER", "Critical Hour", and "Dr. G, Medical Examiner". My husband loves Sci Fi and Westerns. We both enjoy catching up on the news. My daughters like to watch "How Do I Look?" on the Style Channel, and my son watches cartoons and video game reviews.

Now, with Comcast's On Demand, I can catch shows that I might not normally watch, just because I can see them when I want too. I like "Seconds from Disaster" and "Voyages to the Edge" on the National Geographic channel. On Demand is great for homeschoolers because I can go through all the programs to find things that correspond to what we are studying, and then we can watch them whenever we want.

We have never withheld TV from our kids, nor have we used it as a reward or punishment. It's just there and my kids can watch it whenever they want. As a result, it holds no mystery to them. They are not transfixed by it and in fact, don't spend much time watching it. They have learned that TV is a helpful and entertaining tool that allows them a little "down time" when they need it.

I say, hooray for TV!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Becky said:
We have never withheld TV from our kids, nor have we used it as a reward or punishment. It's just there and my kids can watch it whenever they want. As a result, it holds no mystery to them. They are not transfixed by it and in fact, don't spend much time watching it. They have learned that TV is a helpful and entertaining tool that allows them a little "down time" when they need it.

I say, hooray for TV!
OK... but what would you say to those who say... "There is no mention in the Bible of the early Christians watching TV."? :freak:

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I'd say, "Oh yeah, they were too busy driving to Damascus in their mini vans."

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
cattyfan said:
Most everything is taped in our house, so we can watch without commercials and at our leisure. Somethings build up and we watch in summer during rereuns of other shows.
You might want to look into getting a Tivo. It was made just for you. It would probably save you a lot of time, reduce clutter, and possibly save you money over the long term depending on how often you buy tapes.

You buy the unit, and have the option to "subscribe" to the programming guide. By doing that you can have it automatically record shows even when their time slots move around. You can have it record anything with certain keywords, too. (My friend wanted to record Detroit Lions games, so set it up to record "Lions." After getting a few nature shows in the mix, he changed it to record "Lions at," as in "Lions at Pittsburgh.")

SOTK

Turbo said:
You might want to look into getting a Tivo. It was made just for you. It would probably save you a lot of time, reduce clutter, and possibly save you money over the long term depending on how often you buy tapes.

You buy the unit, and have the option to "subscribe" to the programming guide. By doing that you can have it automatically record shows even when their time slots move around. You can have it record anything with certain keywords, too. (My friend wanted to record Detroit Lions games, so set it up to record "Lions." After getting a few nature shows in the mix, he changed it to record "Lions at," as in "Lions at Pittsburgh.")

:up:

Tivo is awesome! I've thoroughly enjoyed mine. I have it with DirecTV! It records digitally so you have great picture and sound! My unit only cost me $50 and it's been well worth the money!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: Commercials? Oh yeah, I remember those.

I love our TiVo!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Oi. To have cable, or satellite, and TiVo, would be wonderful!
We don't have any of that stuff on pourpose. Just TV vcr and DVD

Mr. 5020

Lighthouse said:
Without good reception, TV is pointless. So I at least want cable.
You could set up 2 TV's for $31.99 per month through Dish Network. I think DirecTV offers a similar promotion. Is that too expensive?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
You could set up 2 TV's for $31.99 per month through Dish Network. I think DirecTV offers a similar promotion. Is that too expensive?
Think about who you're talking to.