The Edge Whines

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
erinmarie said:
Everyone? Who's included in that group? So far in this thread, Beanieboy's the only one who's responded...

I hardly think Beanieboy could be considered "everyone".

And no crap she started it! Do you think she's oblivious to the fact she made the opening post in this thread? :freak:

Nineveh, I'm glad that you posted another one of The Edge's whining responses in this new thread. I am also glad that he keeps bringing up my name again and again and again... Turbo and I, (when we're talking behind everyone's back, of course) get the biggest kick out of how many times he'll mention me, even after he "forgave" me for my supposed trespass against him. :sigh:
It's because you love being in the spotlight, Erin Marie. You just have to come back out and keep the spotlight on yourself, Princess. And keep up the gossip. It's what seem to be great at.

ShadowMaid

The Edge, I think it's only fair for you to back up your statements. If not to debate with Nineveh, then to keep your image clean. :)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
You just have to come back out and keep the spotlight on yourself, Princess.

You have got to be kidding me! That's really rich coming from you, you big hypocrite. Just who is it that's wanting the spotlight? :freak:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
My image is clean because the only accusations come from the power clique.

"Be carefull who you get in a rep war with." Means "I've got all the power so I can say whatever I want."

JoyfulRook

The whining has gone to the shoutbox... :doh:

cattyfan: I'm equally cranky with everyone today.
The Edge: I dont', catty. Sorry I assumed.
cattyfan: I wasn't just talking to you...since when do you have a quarrel with me?
The Edge: Hey I'll be quiet now. I know I'm already marked for death on this board because I don't follow BE. I'll retreat to my music threads and quit trying to make headway with a wall
The Edge: Then thank Poly for bringing it here.

cattyfan: HEY! Take it back to the thread! We don't need the same squabble in every available venue.
Poly: I agree! Everybody on here has the freedom to tell you just what an idiot you truly are.
The Edge: Don't worry, I'll leave your little clique alone.
Poly: What an idiot!
The Edge: We live in a democracy. Let the people speak.
Poly: And then that same person accuses another of wanting to be in the "spotlight".
The Edge: Keep it up, Poly.
Poly: Ok, I've seen it all now. When a person has to start a thread asking whether he's a jerk or not, that pretty much sums it up right there.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
(Sigh)

Do you wish to go verse by verse?

Sure, let's start with these two:

OT Lev 22:18 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

NT 1 Cor 6:9-10 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I will explain what some scholars believe, and show that it isn't what you believe.

Like I said, if you really wanted you could find a theologian to agree with just about anything. So let's stick with the Bible instead.

You will then accuse me of trying to make God agree with me, but the evidence is there. You make a big deal out of the issue, but don't even care to do research.

The evidence is clear from a simple reading of the Word.

So I see the debate as pointless.

Yes, usually debates with you turn out that way.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The Edge said:
I'm not getting into a scholarly debate with the likes of EM or Ninny. They twist things around and too busy pointing fingers. I planted the seed. You don't like it, don't drag me into the back alley for a throwdown. That's not Christian behavior. I'm too busy protecting America and your freedom to act like this and spending time with my family

A "scholarly debate"? That's what you think it comes to when judging someone? I was asking you to name the sins you accuse me of.

If you don't want to have to name the sin, then don't make the accusations.

The Edge said:
See, Ninny, I'm not going to discuss it with you and Erin Marie because you ladies have your little clique and you have the battle fixed against anyone who stands against you. I won't give you the satisfaction. So go back to your little clique, claim your victory, and then stay there. I am too busy to waste my time with the two of you and the few others who firmly stand with you. You twist things aorund and point fingers and never act humble. Frankly, I rarely ever see Christ in you. I won't participate in a "Ninny Whines" thread which is what this is.

Emarie didn't make a claim I was sinning. You did. You also claimed she was sinning, too. I have yet to see you name the sins you claim against either of us.

I'm so confident I'll even put it to a vote. Go see my vote thread in chit chat. We'll see what the majority opinion of me on the board is.

I'm glad you are confident. But that doesn't answer the question of what charges are you are leveling against me.

beanieboy

(Sigh) Alright.

Leviticus 18:22 states: "Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination." The term abomination (to'ebah) is a religious term, usually reserved for use against idolatry; it does not mean a moral evil. The verse seems to refer to temple prostitution, which was a common practice in the rest of the Middle East at that time. Qadesh referred to male religious prostitutes. (See the discussion of Deuteronomy)

Leviticus 20:13 states: "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they should surely be put to death....". The passage is surrounded by prohibitions against incest, bestiality, adultery and intercourse during a woman's period. But this verse is the only one in the series which uses the religious term abomination; it seems also to be directed against temple prostitution.

These passages are part of the Jewish Holiness Code which also:

* permits polygamy
* prohibits sexual intercourse when a woman has her period,
* bans tattoos
* prohibits eating rare meat
* bans wearing clothes that are made from a blend of textiles
* prohibits cross-breeding livestock
* bans sowing a field with mixed seed
* prohibits eating pigs, rabbits, or some forms of seafood
* requires Saturday to be reserved as the Sabbath

Churches have abandoned the Holiness Code; it is no longer binding on modern-day Christians. They can wear tattoos, eat shrimp, wear polyester-cotton blends and engage in temple prostitution without violating this particular section of the Bible. Although this code is obsolete for Christians, many clergy still focus on those passages which deal with homosexuality.[1]

It is likely that the prohibition thou shall not lie with a male as with a woman came about for one of the following reasons:

* Only sexual acts which could lead to procreation were valued as the tribes needed to grow in numbers in order to survive.
* Male homosexual sex may have been connected in the Hebrew mind with idolatry. Notice that Lev. 18:2 deals with idolatry. In fact many of the prohibitions in the Holiness Code were probably connected with idolatrous practices, see 19:26-29.
* Women were second class citizens in the Hebrew culture and were generally treated as property. If a man was penetrated in sexual intercourse he was being treated like a woman and so was degraded in the Hebrew mind. The offense was not that this was a homosexual act, the offense was that a MAN was treated like a WOMAN. If this line of thinking is correct it would serve to explain why there is no prohibition against female homosexual acts in the Old Testament. Women could not be degraded by such an act as they were already not held in high esteem. there is a theory that the Hebrew people believed in a perfect order of creation and anything that violated that order was considered unclean or an abomination. A probable example would be that fish were considered the perfect sea animal, hence anything in the sea that did not have scales and fins was unclean. (Lev. 11:9-10) Cattle were the perfect cud chewing animal, hence anything that chewed cud, but didn't have hooves was unclean. (Lev. 11:6). If this theory is correct then the prohibition against male sex acts would be violating the role of the perfect ideal human: man. It would seem to mix the sex role of the imperfect woman with the ideal role of the man.

Even if the reader disagrees with the theories stated above they should take note that these verses are a part of the Hebrew scriptures often called the 'Holiness Code'. This 'code' is no longer followed by the Christian church.

In Leviticus 18:19 (which is just a few verses before the prohibition 'thou shall not lie with a man as with a woman') having sexual relations with a woman during her period is forbidden yet this is not proclaimed as a binding rule for today.

Also, 18:8 and 18:18 show that this code allows for polygamy yet this is now considered immoral.

19:28 prohibits tattoos yet they are not proclaimed as sinful by the Christian church.

19:19 forbids crossbreeding of livestock yet the church allows, farmers who do this very thing to worship in church.

19:19 forbids sowing a field with mixed feed, yet farmers are not condemned who plant hay and alfalfa.

11:7 forbids the eating of pigs, yet people unashamedly have a side of bacon with their eggs!

11:6 forbids the eating of rabbits (hares) because they don't have cloven hooves but they chew cud, yet some Christians love to eat rabbit.

11:9-10 forbids the eating of any seafood that doesn't have fins and scales, yet shrimp and lobster lovers are not told to repent by Christians, nor is Red Lobster picketed!

23:3 instructs that the seventh day of the week is to be the Sabbath, not Sunday, yet the Christian church disregards this.

Deut 22 states that a woman is not telling the truth if she says she was raped but no one heard her scream.

It is clear that the Christian church does not abide by the Holiness Code. It was a set of regulations which governed the Hebrew tribes but is not considered binding on the Christian church because there is now a NEW COVENANT IN JESUS CHRIST! The following verses talk about this New Covenant:

Colossians 2:16-17 "Therefore let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is Christ."

Hebrews 8:18 "For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, for the law made nothing perfect."

Hebrews 8:13 "In that Christ says 'a new covenant,' Christ has made the first obsolete."

Hebrews 9:9-10 The Old Covenant "was symbolic...concerned only with foods and drink, various washings, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation."

There are those who recognize that Christians are under a New Covenant and yet state that the Old Covenant was divided into three parts, civil, ceremonial and moral. They then insist that the moral part of the Old Covenant remain in force. This distinction can nowhere be found in the Old Covenant itself. In fact, many guidelines clearly have both a civil/ceremonial use AND a moral one (See Leviticus 19:13). Who, then, has the authority to decide "this is morality, but this is civil procedure and this is ceremonial..."?

Since the Christian church does not follow the Holiness Code it has no right to arbitrarily pick Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13-14 as still binding just because it seems to support a particular prejudice. [2]

Source: OCRT: Bible and Homosexuality

Source: Same Gender Sexual Behavior and the Scriptures
This paper is provided as a service of the Metropolitan Community Church of Topeka, authors Rev. Jonathan Loppnow and Rev. Paul C. Evans. It may be reproduced freely as long as the entire text is reproduced and unaltered, all attributions are left intact and it is not sold for profit or included in a for-profit publication. Copyright © Jan. 7, 1998

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Beanieboy, did you forget you and I are talking? I have no interest in a cut and paste war.

God calls us to be holy. Look what it takes for you to make sodomy acceptable against His clear word.

erinmarie

The Edge Whines May 5th, 2005 04:50 PM The Edge Keep it up gossip queen.

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I just thought I'd share it with everyone... You know, just a little gossip from the ever popular Gossip Queen.
By the way, did you guys know that Beanieboy is GAY?!?!?! haha.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
: laughing :

Well, keep up the good work emarie, perhaps you will make Queen of the Damned one day :)

beanieboy

God says that slavery is okay.
There are verses about how to treat your slaves.

Is slavery being outlawed in the US going against God's will?

Or is it that sometimes, the bible is different then then what we understand now?

ShadowMaid

The Edge said:
My image is clean because the only accusations come from the power clique.

I've seen them back up their accusations, but I have yet to see you back yours up. Perhaps I missed it. Could you restate yourself, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.