Jesus, Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
yes satan is believing and having faith in Him but is not trying to be like Him...trying to replace Him counterfeit Him teach a new christ a new gospel...of lawlessness...no surprise there...

speaking of Satan...funny you should bring them into this...catholics most certainly do NOT try to be like Him...but they do try to sanctify themselves through exercising sacraments devised by the church for the church...perhaps if they tried to be more like Him not so power/money hungry Luther would not have begun this “faith alone” which has caused so many to take it to extremes of “do what thou whilst”

Trying to climb out of the sanctified by church works ditch poor Luther over compensated and ended up in the “sin boldly...believe more boldly” ditch

not judaism...the irony...they never tried to be the messiah...certainly dont try to be like Jesus...and following Me isnt really an endorsement to “BE like Me” or even “become like Me”...so speaking loosely it more like Him His faith path less than what we were before...

And once again not to earn salvation but because we are saved...

We dont clean the house to earn it but because it is already ours...

You place a lot of emphasis on the Christian life, like your works and your obedience counts for your salvation. The reason that Martin Luther believed that salvation was by faith alone was because he believed that salvation was by Christ alone.

I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group, Matthew 7:21-23. This is a group of people that also thought that their works and their obedience would merit them salvation.

clefty

You place a lot of emphasis on the Christian life, like your works and your obedience counts for your salvation.
then your really have serious reading comprehension problems...I have only said we are saved first and then want to do the works because of our gratitude for being saved

The reason that Martin Luther believed that salvation was by faith alone was because he believed that salvation was by Christ alone.
and then he left it alone...retained much of the Catholic works and practice and never got to the works prepared for us to do who are saved by Him Who saved us...

I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group, Matthew 7:21-23. This is a group of people that also thought that their works and their obedience would merit them salvation.

Hmmmm...you do see the irony of your saying that yes?

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ (not one mention of doing works or obedience)23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’(mentioned by you all the time)

The “Lord Lord didn’t we” group does not mention their works or their obedience...and He concludes those practice LAWLESSNESS exactly what you claim Christians are to do...no laws no rules just faith...law abolished gone no more... less law...lawless

But who enters? He who does the will of His Father in heaven...so it ain’t even the commandments of Jesus but the OT WAY...

You got it exactly backwards...

IS WHY IT IS:

HERE ARE THEY THAT KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD AND THE FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST...

sorry cap button stuck...

Robert Pate

Banned
then your really have serious reading comprehension problems...I have only said we are saved first and then want to do the works because of our gratitude for being saved

and then he left it alone...retained much of the Catholic works and practice and never got to the works prepared for us to do who are saved by Him Who saved us...

Hmmmm...you do see the irony of your saying that yes?

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ (not one mention of doing works or obedience)23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’(mentioned by you all the time)

The “Lord Lord didn’t we” group does not mention their works or their obedience...and He concludes those practice LAWLESSNESS exactly what you claim Christians are to do...no laws no rules just faith...law abolished gone no more... less law...lawless

But who enters? He who does the will of His Father in heaven...so it ain’t even the commandments of Jesus but the OT WAY...

You got it exactly backwards...

IS WHY IT IS:

HERE ARE THEY THAT KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD AND THE FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST...

sorry cap button stuck...

The will of the Father is that you trust, believe and rest in the work of his Son Jesus Christ. Instead you want to work and trust in your ability to keep the law that has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

clefty

The will of the Father is that you trust, believe and rest in the work of his Son Jesus Christ. Instead you want to work and trust in your ability to keep the law that has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Still havent learned what was meant by “contained in ordinances” have you...really are getting lazy and sloppy arent you...

Because of the work of His Son we wish to do His Will which is Keep the commandments of God...not just rest everyday...sluggard...

Do His commandments to abide in His love just as He did...and rest as He did...the seventh day...work six then rest...and He rested the seventh day does not mean He stayed at rest...

Robert Pate

Banned
Still havent learned what was meant by “contained in ordinances” have you...really are getting lazy and sloppy arent you...

Because of the work of His Son we wish to do His Will which is Keep the commandments of God...not just rest everyday...sluggard...

Do His commandments to abide in His love just as He did...and rest as He did...the seventh day...work six then rest...and He rested the seventh day does not mean He stayed at rest...

You want to do the law so that you will be righteous. Instead you are going to bring judgment and condemnation on yourself, Romans 3:19,20.

clefty

You want to do the law so that you will be righteous. Instead you are going to bring judgment and condemnation on yourself, Romans 3:19,20.

Ok its getting stoopid old with you...

Not once have I said I wish to do the law so that I will be righteous...

I am clean I am new I am reborn I am dead to my old self...my old ways...I wish to abide in His love...more like Him less like I once was...

I am sanctified...made HOLY...I am a temple...a priest...grafted in...adopted in...I am saved...HalleluYah

And wish to abide in His love...to live the faith OF Him Who saved me...

Israel was saved from slavery first...then given the Law...faith compels obedience...

Regret you refuse to see it...reveals a heart uncircumcised...

Robert Pate

Banned
Ok its getting stoopid old with you...

Not once have I said I wish to do the law so that I will be righteous...

I am clean I am new I am reborn I am dead to my old self...my old ways...I wish to abide in His love...more like Him less like I once was...

I am sanctified...made HOLY...I am a temple...a priest...grafted in...adopted in...I am saved...HalleluYah

And wish to abide in His love...to live the faith OF Him Who saved me...

Israel was saved from slavery first...then given the Law...faith compels obedience...

Regret you refuse to see it...reveals a heart uncircumcised...

I see no indication of the Holy Spirit in what you post. You are very religious, your religion will not save you. You seem to think that it is all about you. You seldom quote scripture and when you do it is always about you and the law.

clefty

I see no indication of the Holy Spirit in what you post. You are very religious, your religion will not save you. You seem to think that it is all about you. You seldom quote scripture and when you do it is always about you and the law.

As the Holy Spirit leads us into keeping the Law I understand you would have trouble seeing It in what I post...

As for my testimony of course it is about how I am saved and now wish to follow Him...keep His commandments and follow Him His Way...His faith...is what the Holy Spirit guides me to do...to testify Him by word and action

Perhaps I should dust my sandals to your another gospel...leave you to your freedom to “do what thou whilst”...

Robert Pate

Banned
As the Holy Spirit leads us into keeping the Law I understand you would have trouble seeing It in what I post...

As for my testimony of course it is about how I am saved and now wish to follow Him...keep His commandments and follow Him His Way...His faith...is what the Holy Spirit guides me to do...to testify Him by word and action

Perhaps I should dust my sandals to your another gospel...leave you to your freedom to “do what thou whilst”...

The Holy Spirit will not lead you into a law that has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. The Holy Spirit will convict you of your need for a savior and will cause you to trust in Christ alone for your salvation. You are not trusting in Christ to save you, you are trusting in the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.