The Rapture

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Will the rapture be pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation or post-tribularion?

The being 'caught up to meet the Lord in the air' pertains to the BOC, which is according to the revelation of the mystery given only to the Apostle Paul and does not pertain to prophecy for Israel and since the tribulation pertains to Israel and the 70 weeks, the BOC being 'caught up' will take place pre-trib.
Two different dispensations.

SaulToPaul 2

The Body of Christ is caught up before the tribulation.

I believe the 144,000 are caught up mid-tribulation.

Revelation 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

beameup

The only one.

Ah, not so fast. Way too many false assumptions get perpetrated.

And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:13-14 John didn't know where they came from. These are "pre-wrath" saints. The Body of Christ are "pre-trib".

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned

The rapture will be after the coming of Christ, on the tenth day of the seventh Jewish month, for that is when the last trumpet will be blasted that is sounded on the Day of Atonement on a year of Jubilee, where the coming of Christ will precede the Festival of Trumpets that begin on the first day of the seventh month. The "rapture" is not the disappearance of believers, it is the gathering of believers that happen shortly after the second coming. The great tribulation begins at the coming of Christ, for it will be a period of destruction of roughly 3 weeks in accordance to the autumn festivals of the Law, where it will first be trumpet blasts, then bowls of wrath, swift destruction upon the earth.

RBBI

There is no rapture as it has been taught from a prophecy given by a Scottish 16 year old girl in the 1800's; it is a spiritual raising up. The sign is that of Noah, and in Noah's time only the wicked left the earth. Are you wicked? Because the righteous clothed themselves with the Ark and were raised up above the waters of judgment to the flesh. Blessings...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is no rapture as it has been taught from a prophecy given by a Scottish 16 year old girl in the 1800's; it is a spiritual raising up. The sign is that of Noah, and in Noah's time only the wicked left the earth. Are you wicked? Because the righteous clothed themselves with the Ark and were raised up above the waters of judgment to the flesh. Blessings...

Are you high or something?

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.Therefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Thessalonians4:15-18&version=NKJV

genuineoriginal

No.
The Dispensational Eschatological belief that there will be a 7 year tribulation period is wrong.

The great tribulation spoken of by Jesus in the Olivet Discourse and mentioned in Revelation is the 2000 year punishment of the children of Israel by exile from the land of promise and the children of Israel being dominated by the Gentiles.

The so-called "Rapture" is really the Resurrection of the Righteous that has been spoken about in both the Old and New Testament.

MennoSota

Are you high or something?

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.Therefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Thessalonians4:15-18&version=NKJV
So...post millennial meeting of all the saints?

oatmeal

If you are referrring to the events briefly desccribed in I Thessalonians 4:13-18

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

then I can answer your question.

Note verse 18,

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

What comfort is there if we are going to be on the receiving end of the wrath?

However, our lord and saviour Jesus Christ saved us from more than our sins but likewise from the consequence of our sins as noted in

Romans 5:9
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

and

I Thessalonians 1:10
And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

We are saved from the wrath to come by our gathering together unto him.

We will meet the Lord in the air and so ever be with the Lord thus we leave pre wrath or if you prefer, pre trib

Aimiel

that is about the second coming this thread is about the rapture
That verse is about the rapture. It won't happen until we do our job. Jesus isn't coming for a dead, dying, weak or vain church. He's coming for His Victorious Bride. This will happen when she repents, seek Him, finds Him and remembers her job: bringing the message and the cross to the lost. It's not going to take long, once we get started. Every single member of His Body, on the street, house-to-house and even compelling every soul we meet to come with us to the Great Marriage Supper of The Lamb. Once we do it, we'll just jump off this tainted rock and meet with our Groom in the air. That's when every eye will see Him, His Visage projected on the atmosphere from horizon to horizon and those left behind will lament. There will be a nation (Israel) born-again in a single day. Every Jew will see and know that Jesus really IS God and they will repent in sackcloth and ashes. That's how it will go down.