Favorite Theologian?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just curious about some people who post here but what theologian has had the most influence in regard to shaping your beliefs?

Thanks!

Well, I should have said favorite theologian besides the Apostles.
"Influence" may not be the correct word, but my favorite one to listen to was Chuck Missler.

I like the ones that go through a book of the Bible verse by verse, rather than a topic summary.
The trend has seemed to shift from book study to topic study.
The thing about topic study is that one can find selected cherry picked verses to support just about any view on a surface level.
So I prefer the verse by verse method.

Right Divider

Body part
"Influence" may not be the correct word, but my favorite one to listen to was Chuck Missler.

I like the ones that go through a book of the Bible verse by verse, rather than a topic summary.
The trend has seemed to shift from book study to topic study.
The thing about topic study is that one can find selected cherry picked verses to support just about any view on a surface level.
So I prefer the verse by verse method.
I think that both have their merits in different ways.

I think that verse-by-verse can also be abused in similar fashion to topical studies.

eleos

I disagree .... I do word and phrase lookups all the time ... many times it puts things into perspective, gives the "big picture" especially when researching prophesy.

john w

Hall of Fame
http://theologyonline.com/member.php?1851-john-w

maxresdefault.jpg

musterion

He wouldn't count as a theologian, and I doubt he'd mind if he were still alive, but Miles Stanford was Acts 2 and collated many people's writings from the past couple hundred years about the believer's identity and position in Christ. Has helped me immensely in my walk.

musterion

I used to listen to Missler's tapes from the old Firefighters for Christ tape ministry. One thing he said that I can't forget was a passing reference to "mud people." I still have not been able to figure out what he meant by that and no one who knows his stuff seems to have heard it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I used to listen to Missler's tapes from the old Firefighters for Christ tape ministry. One thing he said that I can't forget was a passing reference to "mud people." I still have not been able to figure out what he meant by that and no one who knows his stuff seems to have heard it.
Sounds like his take on the mixing with miry clay of the statue in Daniel 2.