To Shed Some Light on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinmarie

Okay, because I have had so many comments on "the edge" and his attitude towards me, I've decided to post peices from our original "argument". This "argument" comes after some comments I had made in a previous thread about "the edge's" whining about his children and money...

And so it began like this: ( I put my previous posts in red, and "the edge's" in blue, how cute!!! )
wickwoman said:
Psst. Edgy, over hear. *whispering* Some people here think that being nice is a bad thing.

erinmarie said:

There's a difference between being nice and kissing the butt of anyone who will pay attention to you. I think "The Edge" is "nice" to everyone, as long as it suits his ego.

"the edge" said:
Erin Marie......now you listen to me

I'll be nice to everyone because that is what my Lord teaches us to do. Please do not make incorrect judgements about me based on text on a screen. You do not know me and have no right to say such nasty things about someone you don't know in the presence of other people who have not made up their minds yet.

I never say anything bad about you. Give me the same respect please.

the edge said:
You attract more bees with honey than with vinegar.

Jesus won people over by being nice and spending time with them and not by argueing with them and fighting.

My alliegance is laid out in the word "Christian" that appears under my name.

erinmarie said:
I am entitled to my opinion of you. And I do listen to you, thus the less than "nice" opinion.

So, the only way you can make a negative opinion of someone is if they have a negative opinion of you? :think:

the edge said:
Yes you can form a negative opinion of me all you want, Erin Marie. But don't go blabbering it everywhere. I did nothing to you. I don't go around telling people what I think of you. You seem to be popular and well loved here and I see no reason to damage that for you. So don't do it for me. Ignore me if you don't like me.

erinmarie said:
I thought for a long time how I should respond to The Edge and his "threats". Turbo and I talked about it a bit last night, and I reread this thread:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16851

It reaffirmed to me that you are wrong and I am right. I can judge all I want, as long as I judge rightly under God's Word. The stuff you spew is inaccurate and misleading. Jesus mocked, taunted and used wit and sarcasm. He was a great orater and not a butt kissing fool.

You can think you're exemplifying Jesus all you want, but you are wrong. Please reconsider your idea of the "Nicer than God" philosophy.

Secondly, I find fault with issues in your life that you yourself throw all around the board for others to comment on. If you don't want someone to create an opinion, then don't post it.

You complain that your son is "More like a two or a three year old than a five year old." OUCH! You talk about the burden of raising two young children and you are not even in the same state with them!
You complain about the gifts that God has given you, I called you out on it, you agreed with me and then continued on complaining.
You complain about the price of baby items, and how much money it costs to raise a child, and instead of supporting reprimanding your wife for her wasteful spending, and curbing it yourself, you suggest the manufacturer lower it's prices! HELLO!
You try to ingratiate yourself in with each "group" on TOL, with your "gentlemanly" manner...but it's all very disingenuous.

I considered ignoring your rebuke of my earlier comment, and I decided I can comment any way I want on any issue. I'm not afraid of any reprecussion that you think you can hurdle my way. Wanna give me ANOTHER negative response, go ahead.
I'm tired of your pandering and plodding around TOL without any sense of Christ's true Word or Intentions.

the edge said:
Erinmarie, I have no need to listen to your useless diatribe. Diatribe is defined as "a bitter, useless denunciation" and that is exactly what you are doing. You do not know me or our situation. You're slinging accusations. But remember, he/she who slings mud gets their hands dirty!

You don't like me, fine. But don't go trying to defame me and ruin my reputation on this board. I never, EVER did that to you or any person on this board. You have this bitter holier than thou attitude you're flaunting around. And to make it worse, you talk about people behind their backs.

You'll probably get a more thorough response later; I'm too busy in the forecasting lab right now to continue this.

And so it continues ad nauseum.....blah blah blah...He later posts a long post which is intended to be a response to my earlier posts, but in it he instead attacks Mr. Enyart, for what I'm still not sure of...

If anyone thinks another post may be helpful to shine light on the supposed "attacks" on "the edge", feel free to post them here! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The girl can take care of herself. I feel bad for her husband, if he ever makes her mad.:chuckle:

Lovejoy

These situations are always difficult. I think (and this is honestly just an opinion) that I have some of the same difficulties as the Edge. I am, by nature, sedate and rather nice. It generally takes no effort and costs me nothing. This is not always the case, as sometimes it costs me dearly, but often it is the most simple thing for me. As such, I could definitely see my way clear to making a virtue out of the behavior. How much easier could it be to be virtuous than to make a virtue out of what is easy? But it is not true. What is virtuous, for me, is when I have to do something that goes against my grain, such as when I have to call someone out, or when I have to stop being nice to do right by someone (as is often the case working in any kind of rehab). This is complicated, as my "niceness" is a gift of God (or so I believe) and is to be used to the advantage of people, so I cannot ignore it. But to serve God, I sometimes have to make a sacrifice, and ignore my gifts. This takes an enormous amount of discernment, and I do not always get it right.

I guess what I am trying to say is that we cannot make judgements based on our own natures. If it is easier for the Edge to be "nice" than that is fine. But it is not necessarily a virtue. Neither is being "tough" though. What is virtue is service to God, and that has to be discerned on an individual level, person by person and case by case. And it should not be easy. Is Edge's "nice" behavior for the benefit of God or for the ease of personal relations (a strange question as it has gotten him nowhere here)? How about erinmarie's behavior? She is by no means the "toughest" person here, nor is she the most "nice." Rather, she seems to guide her behavior by the individual person, which seems appropriate. I hate these conflicts (as they do not appeal to my nature), but I don't condemn them outright, as sometimes the fallout leads to better, more discerning, Christians. I hope that will be the case here.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Lovejoy,
Well said. An unbiased view.

The problem is Erin loves to be in the spotlight, and what better way than to get an admin on her side and then publically attack a person who has done nothing wrong to her, a person who has offered her nothing but friendship, and try to make him look like a person he is not. Note the order, get an admin on her side, then attack the person. She planned this carefully. But boy she was way wrong. And some people here realize that, and thank God for their wisdom and virtue.

Now I know I said I would drop it, many times. But people keep bringing it up, and as long as they do, I'll answer for it. I want Erin Marie, the Gossip Queen to know that she can't trample on a nice guy for no reason and expect to get positive limelight for it. I love this board, and I'm not leaving the board over this.

If Erin Marie doesn't like me, all she has to do is not talk to me or about me. Then I will not talk to her or about her. Others will lose interest and stop posting about this, and it'll fall away into internet oblivion. It's so easy. I don't really enjoy continuing this, but know that if she continues to attack me, I'll continue to defend against her. She started it. And she can end this madness as well. Like Julie said in the other thread, the one who takes the high ground is the one with more moral character. Erin has a chance to take the high ground with me.

The truth is, she's a self righteous, spotlight loving gossip who is one day going to tick off the wrong person who's not so nice and get herself punched in the face. I hope that doesn't happen. I know man of you like her, and that's exactly why I offered her friendship in the past. She seemed like a happy and cheerful person that I wanted to be friends with. However, she slapped me in the face for my friendship, and now is paying dearly for it. That is not the act of a Christian. And that's not the kind of person I want to be around.

I'm done with this because I've suffered enough. God and I and the truly wise people here know who's right and who's wrong.

The Edge

Mr. 5020

Wow...I just found this thread. The Edge, you are such a "lidiot."

It's the combination of a loser and an idiot, known for its lack of brain cells.

julie21

EM:Okay, because I have had so many comments on "the edge" and his attitude towards me, I've decided to post peices from our original "argument".
Just out of interest ErinMarie...these so many comments on "the edge" and his attitude towards you, came to you how? In private PM's or out in public view on the board?
I was just wondering....'cos if it was in a PM situation, then maybe it was not warranted to post this thread as you had, though of course you can do what you like.
Whereas if they came from the TOL public arena, the board postings that all can see, then you might feel justified in replying as you have by starting this thread and re-hashing it all.
I just question what the desired outcome of all this is to those concerned, and if there is a time limit, or is it going to go on forever and a day, fuelled by both sides?
Some things to be considered maybe by both sides.

Mr. 5020

julie21 said:
Just out of interest ErinMarie...these so many comments on "the edge" and his attitude towards you, came to you how? In private PM's or out in public view on the board?
I was just wondering....'cos if it was in a PM situation, then maybe it was not warranted to post this thread as you had, though of course you can do what you like.
Whereas if they came from the TOL public arena, the board postings that all can see, then you might feel justified in replying as you have by starting this thread and re-hashing it all.
I just question what the desired outcome of all this is to those concerned, and if there is a time limit, or is it going to go on forever and a day, fuelled by both sides?
The comments were made in public. She's just trying to present the actual argument, so when people listen to The Edge call her things like "wrong" and "gossip queen," they'll know why.

julie21

Thanks for clarifying that..that is why I asked. It couldn't have been done through PMs at all though?

Mr. 5020

julie21 said:
Thanks for clarifying that..that is why I asked. It couldn't have been done through PMs at all though?
As far as I know, EM tried PM's. It's The Edge that can't keep his mouth shut.

julie21

Mr. 5020 said:
As far as I know, EM tried PM's. It's The Edge that can't keep his mouth shut.
Uh Huh....it would be good if EM could clarify that point herself [ not that she in any way has to of course]...that she did try to PM people who queried what it was all about as the first option taken by her, as opposed to succumbing to going public as her first move.

I am hoping that someone will be the first from now on to not speak on the matter anymore, but it remains to be seen if that will be able to come into fruition.

erinmarie

julie21 said:

"the edge" mentions my name in a third of his posts, and then privately, and on the boards I was being asked why he had this attitude towards me. I think, if I'm remembering correctly, and to be specific, that Ninja and Billybob asked me in the Rednecks Thread, and Christine and Justin asked me via Instant Messenger.

I guess I could have privately sent these people the original post of this thread one by one, but since they all post on this board very often, I thought it was easier to start a thread. :)

Last edited:

Lovejoy

julie21 said:
Sometimes it is hard to understand how a board like this operates, but believe it or not, this is the place to handle it. This specifc part of TOL is called "the Back Alley" and is designed to hash out conflicts in a virtually no holds barred manner. Certainly, it does not dismiss the need to act in a manner consistent with the Spirit within us. But it does formally annouce the nature of the thread before anyone actually looks at it.

Lovejoy

The Edge said:
Lovejoy,
Well said. An unbiased view.

The problem is Erin loves to be in the spotlight, and what better way than to get an admin on her side and then publically attack a person who has done nothing wrong to her, a person who has offered her nothing but friendship, and try to make him look like a person he is not. Note the order, get an admin on her side, then attack the person. She planned this carefully. But boy she was way wrong. And some people here realize that, and thank God for their wisdom and virtue.

Now I know I said I would drop it, many times. But people keep bringing it up, and as long as they do, I'll answer for it. I want Erin Marie, the Gossip Queen to know that she can't trample on a nice guy for no reason and expect to get positive limelight for it. I love this board, and I'm not leaving the board over this.

If Erin Marie doesn't like me, all she has to do is not talk to me or about me. Then I will not talk to her or about her. Others will lose interest and stop posting about this, and it'll fall away into internet oblivion. It's so easy. I don't really enjoy continuing this, but know that if she continues to attack me, I'll continue to defend against her. She started it. And she can end this madness as well. Like Julie said in the other thread, the one who takes the high ground is the one with more moral character. Erin has a chance to take the high ground with me.

The truth is, she's a self righteous, spotlight loving gossip who is one day going to tick off the wrong person who's not so nice and get herself punched in the face. I hope that doesn't happen. I know man of you like her, and that's exactly why I offered her friendship in the past. She seemed like a happy and cheerful person that I wanted to be friends with. However, she slapped me in the face for my friendship, and now is paying dearly for it. That is not the act of a Christian. And that's not the kind of person I want to be around.

I'm done with this because I've suffered enough. God and I and the truly wise people here know who's right and who's wrong.

The Edge
My lack of bias comes purely from a lack of familiarity with the issues and a lack of emotional investment in the arguement. I still have some bias, of couse, as I only wish for a Christlike outcome. I still support this new, focused, public airing of the issue, as it seems to have gone beyond the point where the two alone will settle it happily. I just hope for some wise input from Spirit filled people (as it is inappropriate for non-Christians to be involved at this point) as to how settle this. What, at this point, would constitute a satisfactory end to this conflict?

Lovejoy

The Edge said:
well as far as i'm concerned it's over.
Then I will not hash this to bits, as I have probably already stuck my nose in it too much as it is. So long as you feel that the 12th Chapter of Romans has been followed, that love contains no hypocrisy and peace has been gotten with every possible effort by you, as well as Christ's commands to have no no one (specifically no brother or sister in Christ) have something against you when you seek forgiveness from God, then all is well. I am not looking to you specifically, Edge, because I am passing a judgement or finding fault necessarily, but because we are both men, and it is more appropriate that my discussion should be with you. Do you think that these commands have been met?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.