Ephesians 2:14-19

CherubRam

The barrier to winning converts to Judaism had been the Commandments of Moses, they govern the Sabbath feasts and sacrifices. Moses Commandments were the middle wall partition.

Here is my translation of Ephesians 2:14-19. 14 For he is our peace, who has made us one, and has broken down the middle wall partition, 15. By abolishing with his flesh the hostility of the commandment laws of ordinances; for to create in himself and us, one new man, making peace; 16. There by reconciling us to God in one body through the stake, having slain the hostility. 17. He came to those near and far preaching peace. 18. For through him we both have access to one Spirit, the Father. 19. Therefore you are not alienated foreigners, but citizens with the holy household of God.

Yahwah our Holy Father is the Holy Spirit. There is no third person. That is a falsehood established by the Catholics.

The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were not given as Commandments of God, but God commanded (ordered) Moses to speak to the Israelites about them. That is why God, in Isaiah 1:11-14 it says, "Who has asked this of you," The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were given as part of the covenant, for which the Israelites continually broke.

As a result of that, God says in Zephaniah 3:18, "the sorrows for the appointed feast I will remove from you; they are a burden and a reproach to you."

The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were given as a command of Moses. I am able to say with certainty that there is to be no more animal sacrifices for sins.

According to 2 Chronicles 8:12-13; 12 On the altar of the LORD that he had built in front of the portico, Solomon sacrificed burnt offerings to the LORD, 13 according to the daily requirement for offerings commanded by Moses for Sabbaths, New Moons and the three annual feasts—the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Weeks and the Feast of Tabernacles.

Hebrews 7:27
Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

CherubRam

The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were not given as Commandments of God, but God commanded (ordered) Moses to speak to the Israelites about them, and how they should be kept.

CherubRam

Jeremiah 7

21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice. 23 However, I did give them this command: Obey Me, and then I will be your God, and you will be My people. You must follow every way I command you so that it may go well with you. 24 Yet they didn’t listen or pay attention but followed their own advice and according to their own stubborn, evil heart. They went backward and not forward. 25 Since the day your ancestors came out of the land of Egypt until this day, I have sent all My servants the prophets to you time and time again. 26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors.

CherubRam

Other Sabbath Rest
Colossians 2:16 Commentary

Colossians 2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
Note: The verse says "Sabbath Day" and not "Sabbath Day Rest."

The Sabbath days spoken of here in Colossians, has to do with letting the land rest, mentioned in the scriptures below. It has nothing to do with God’s Seventh Day Sabbath; otherwise there would be a contradiction in the scriptures. The Seventh Day Sabbath is to be kept by all of mankind continually. It is also a sign of who God’s people are.

Exodus 23:10
[ Sabbath Laws ] “For six years you are to sow your fields and harvest the crops…

Leviticus 23:39
“‘So beginning with the fifteenth day of the seventh month, after you have gathered the crops of the land, celebrate the festival to the Lord for seven days; the first day is a day of Sabbath rest, and the eighth day also is a day of Sabbath rest.

Leviticus 25:1-2
[ The Sabbath Year ] The Lord said to Moses at Mount Sinai, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a Sabbath to the Lord.

Leviticus 25:4
But in the seventh year the land is to have a year of Sabbath rest, a Sabbath to the Lord. Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards.

Leviticus 25:6
Whatever the land yields during the Sabbath year will be food for you—for yourself, your male and female servants, and

Leviticus 25:8
[ The Year of Jubilee ] “‘Count off seven Sabbath years—seven times seven years—so that the seven Sabbath years amount to a period of forty-nine years.

Leviticus 26:34
Then the land will enjoy its Sabbath years all the time that it lies desolate and you are in the country of your enemies; then the land will rest and enjoy its Sabbaths.

Leviticus 26:35
All the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the Sabbaths you lived in it.

Leviticus 26:43
For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its Sabbaths while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees.

2 Chronicles 36:21
The land enjoyed its Sabbath rests; all the time of its desolation it rested, until the seventy years were completed in fulfillment of the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah.

This is a partial list of scriptures of what was done away with for the New Covenant.

Festivals rejected by Yahwah since 70 AD.

Psalm 40:6
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Psalm 51:16
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:11
“The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

Isaiah 1:14
Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

Zephaniah 3:18
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals, which is a burden and reproach for you.

Lamentations 2:6
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget her appointed festivals and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

Hosea 2:11
I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

Amos 5:21
“I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me.

Since the days of Adam; Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings, has been a tradition of mankind. God only instructed Moses on how the people were to perform those things.

Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings

Jeremiah 7
21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice.
26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors.

Zechariah 11:10
Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.

Jeremiah 31:31
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel (nation) and with the people of Judah (faithful.)

The Old Covenant has been revoked; we now live under the New Covenant.

CherubRam

Romans 6:10
The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

Hebrews 9:12
He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.

Hebrews 9:26
Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Hebrews 10:1
[ Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All ] The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

Hebrews 10:2
Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins.

Hebrews 10:10
And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

CherubRam

Festivals, sacrifices, and offerings were the customs of the people, they were not a requirement from Yahwah.

CherubRam

Sacrifices were good will gestures for fellowship offerings to the Lord, long before they became the laws of Moses.

Genesis 4

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. 3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. 4 But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.
6 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.”

Genesis 8
20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it.

Exodus 13
14 “In days to come, when your son asks you, ‘What does this mean?’ say to him, ‘With a mighty hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the Lord killed every firstborn in Egypt, both man and animal. This is why I sacrifice to the Lord the first male offspring of every womb and redeem each of my firstborn sons.’

Isaiah 1

11 “The multitude of your sacrifices—
what are they to me?”
says the Lord.
“I have more than enough of burnt offerings,
of rams and the fat of fattened animals;
I have no pleasure
in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
12 When you come to appear before me,
who has asked this of you,… [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Isaiah 66
New International Version
3 But whoever sacrifices a bull
is like one who kills a man,
and whoever offers a lamb,
like one who breaks a dog’s neck;
whoever makes a grain offering
is like one who presents pig’s blood,
and whoever burns memorial incense,
like one who worships an idol. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Isaiah 43
22 “Yet you have not called upon me, O Jacob,
you have not wearied yourselves for me, O Israel.
23 You have not (had to bring) me sheep for burnt offerings,
nor honored me with your sacrifices.
I have not burdened you with grain offerings
nor wearied you with demands for incense.
24 You have not bought any fragrant calamus for me,
or lavished on me the fat of your sacrifices.
But you have burdened me with your sins
and wearied me with your offenses. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Jeremiah 14

11 Then the Lord said to me, “Do not pray for the well-being of this people. 12 Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague.” (70 to 135 AD) [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Jeremiah 33
17 For this is what the Lord says: ‘David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel, 18 nor will the priests, who are Levites, ever fail to have a man to stand before me continually to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offerings and to present sacrifices.’” (Yahshua)

Ezekiel 45:17
It will be the duty of the prince to provide the burnt offerings, grain offerings and drink offerings at the festivals, the New Moons and the Sabbaths—at all the appointed feasts of the house of Israel. He will provide the sin offerings, grain offerings, burnt offerings and fellowship offerings to make atonement for the house of Israel.

Amos 5
21 “I hate, I despise your religious feasts;
I cannot stand your assemblies.
22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
I will have no regard for them.
23 Away with the noise of your songs!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.
24 But let justice roll on like a river,
righteousness like a never-failing stream!
25 “Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
forty years in the desert, O house of Israel?
26 You have lifted up the shrine of your king,
the pedestal of your idols,
the star of your god—
which you made for yourselves.
27 Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Damascus,”
says the Lord, whose name is God Almighty.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Festivals, sacrifices, and offerings were the customs of the people, they were not a requirement from Yahwah.

"And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 'Speak to the children of Israel and say to them, The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts." (Leviticus 23:1-2)

Whose feasts?

CherubRam

"And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 'Speak to the children of Israel and say to them, The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts." (Leviticus 23:1-2)

Whose feasts?

The word feast is not in the original Hebrew translation. It says, "appointed times."

CherubRam

The commanded assemblies were a rehearsal foreshadowing things to come.

Daniel 9:27
He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.

God also states in a number of places that He will put an end to the Festivals.

clefty

The barrier to winning converts to Judaism had been the Commandments of Moses, they govern the Sabbath feasts and sacrifices. Moses Commandments were the middle wall partition.

Here is my translation of Ephesians 2:14-19. 14 For he is our peace, who has made us one, and has broken down the middle wall partition, 15. By abolishing with his flesh the hostility of the commandment laws of ordinances; for to create in himself and us, one new man, making peace; 16. There by reconciling us to God in one body through the stake, having slain the hostility. 17. He came to those near and far preaching peace. 18. For through him we both have access to one Spirit, the Father. 19. Therefore you are not alienated foreigners, but citizens with the holy household of God.

Yahwah our Holy Father is the Holy Spirit. There is no third person. That is a falsehood established by the Catholics.

The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were not given as Commandments of God, but God commanded (ordered) Moses to speak to the Israelites about them. That is why God, in Isaiah 1:11-14 it says, "Who has asked this of you," The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were given as part of the covenant, for which the Israelites continually broke.

As a result of that, God says in Zephaniah 3:18, "the sorrows for the appointed feast I will remove from you; they are a burden and a reproach to you."

The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were given as a command of Moses. I am able to say with certainty that there is to be no more animal sacrifices for sins.

According to 2 Chronicles 8:12-13; 12 On the altar of the LORD that he had built in front of the portico, Solomon sacrificed burnt offerings to the LORD, 13 according to the daily requirement for offerings commanded by Moses for Sabbaths, New Moons and the three annual feasts—the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Weeks and the Feast of Tabernacles.

Therefore let no one judge you for...keeping the Sabbath or festivals...which ARE a shadow (not were) except the church itself...which is the body of Christ.

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...sons-more-do-not-keep-the-biblical-holy-days/

clefty

No, just simply a transitional period of time. From those under the Old Covenant before the destruction of the temple.

From first century Jews to Trinitarian ikon making Mary worshipping Sunday keeping ham eating crusaders?

Lol...

So the destruction of the temple meant no more Sabbath keeping or dietary laws or calendar or...

CherubRam

From first century Jews to Trinitarian ikon making Mary worshipping Sunday keeping ham eating crusaders?

Lol...

So the destruction of the temple meant no more Sabbath keeping or dietary laws or calendar or...

The New Covenant means that there is an end to the Festivals, sacrifices, and offerings, also circumcision.

clefty

The New Covenant means that there is an end to the Festivals, sacrifices, and offerings, also circumcision.

The new covenant was christened (pun intended) with a toast to a room full of jews...it was then signed by His blood and sealed by His death...and they still hurried to keep the Sabbath as the commandment was still binding...Paul kept sabbaths...festivals instructed we celebrate the feast with new unleavened bread...Pentecost was celebrated...Peter kept kosher...and in acts 15 sexual immorality idolatry and dietary laws where upheld...and James intended for the gentiles in the new covenant to keep hearing Moses read to them every SABBATH...incidentally murder stealing coveting were not listed as required...so I guess the new covenant allows that?

please elaborate on this transitional period...how long did it last? Where was written of? How does a divided house stand with people from two different divergent opposing covenants?

And in the New Earth will ham dinners after sunday worship continue? After all, this is merely getting us ready for how it will be then yes? His Faith His way...His Law forever