Genesis. Before Moses. Or did Moses write Genesis?

daqq

What I did on the previous page is stoning according to the Torah:
See? I did no physical harm, ("You shall not murder-kill").

Stonings go on here day in and day out, and most do not even realize that they do what they do: sharp words like jagged stones that cut not only the "skin" but sometimes deep into the heart. I try not to cut that deep but sometimes it is unavoidable, (for the Word is more like a rhomphaiah-sword than a stone). :chuckle:

This ones for you Dagg being you take it literal.

Please see my previous post above, (which you obviously missed).
Your guesses and mind-reading skills are terribly lacking:
I sense another stoning is about to ensue. :chuckle:

Zeke

What I did on the previous page is stoning according to the Torah:
See? I did no physical harm, ("You shall not murder-kill").

Stonings go on here day in and day out, and most do not even realize that they do what they do: sharp words like jagged stones that cut not only the "skin" but sometimes deep into the heart. I try not to cut that deep but sometimes it is unavoidable, (for the Word is more like a rhomphaiah-sword than a stone). :chuckle:

I am just bored.

daqq

I am just bored.

Oh wait, I see what you did, you tried to change the subject in the middle of our discourse. However I did not watch the second video: the first mockery was enough that I just deleted your second video from the response.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then why did you say that you did not understand what I meant when I said "the name of the Father"? Howbeit you and I obviously disagree on that name, (the Tetragrammaton). Neither you nor your Rabbi have any real evidence for a "V" sound in first century Temple Hebrew or any time before that.

Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, 10-16. It is Yom, Day.

I am sorry, but I did not bring up my Rabbi in this. I do not know where you are coming up with this from.

My objection to what you said is that to say the name of the Father implies that you do not simply say the name of God. The name of the Father implies a Son, and God is the Father of us all. Are you saying that the Father has a name and the Son has a name? That is what I am objecting to. God has a name, and God is our Father. His Son has a name. But we are talking about the name of God here, not the name of God's Son.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Was the account of Genesis through the flood told to Abram by Noah and Shem?

Noah died when Abraham was 39 years old.
Shem, Noah's son, died 33 years after Abraham died.
The book of Jasher states that Abram went to Noah and Shem for instruction of Elohim and His ways (Jasher 9:5).

Shalom.

I do not know. I do not know what you are talking about.

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal

Shalom.

I do not know. I do not know what you are talking about.

Shalom.

Jacob

You asked whether Moses wrote Genesis when the events of Genesis happened before Moses' time.
The account of the events of Genesis could have been given by Noah and Shem to Abraham as told in the book of Jasher.
From there the account would have been given to Isaac and Jacob, then to the children of Israel, and finally written in the book of the Law that Moses wrote (mentioned in Deuteronomy 31:24)

6days

Wouldn't that make him the editor, rather than the author?

I find it unlikely that Moses authored any of Genesis. The Torah are the books of Moses, because they are about Moses, not because he personally wrote them.
I will take the word of Jesus and various other Bible authors over your doubts.
Exodus 17:14
Exodus 24:4–7
Exodus 34:27
Numbers 33:2
Deuteronomy 31:9,22,24
Joshua 1:7–8
Joshua 8:32–34
Judges 3:4
1 Kings 2:3
2 Kings 14:6
2 Kings 21:8
2 Chronicles 25:4
Ezra 6:18
Nehemiah 8:1
Nehemiah 13:1
Daniel 9:11–13
Matthew 8:4
Matthew 19:7–8
Mark 7:10
Mark 12:26
Luke 24:27,44
John 1:17
*John 5:46–47
John 7:19
Luke 16:31
Acts 6:14
Acts 13:39
Acts 15:5
1 Corinthians 9:9
2 Corinthians 3:15
Hebrews 10:28.

Wick Stick

None of those citations are in Genesis, or very much about Genesis.

Again, books of Moses means they are about Moses, not personally authored by Moses.

6days

Wick Stick said:
Again, books of Moses means they are about Moses, not personally authored by Moses.
I will believe Jesus. I'm not sure why you don't? He said "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Moses wrote about Jesus starting with the first Prophecy of the Bible in Genesis 3:15. Who is the only person in history who is not the seed of a man?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You asked whether Moses wrote Genesis when the events of Genesis happened before Moses' time.
The account of the events of Genesis could have been given by Noah and Shem to Abraham as told in the book of Jasher.
From there the account would have been given to Isaac and Jacob, then to the children of Israel, and finally written in the book of the Law that Moses wrote (mentioned in Deuteronomy 31:24)

Shalom.

Today is Chamishi, 10-17. It is Yom, Day.

I have the following for you. To help us be complete. Though I do not know what to do with what you are telling me.

Book of the Covenant: Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 24

Shalom.

Jacob

oatmeal

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 10-14. It is Yom, Day. The Jewish Calendar Day ends with and at sundown.

What do you know about The Book of Genesis? Did Moses write The Book of Genesis? Was it written before Moses? The events of Genesis are before Moses' time.

Shalom.

Jacob

Moses wrote what God authored.

God is an accurate witness of events that predate Moses

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Moses wrote what God authored.

God is an accurate witness of events that predate Moses

Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 10-18.

I am very much interested in this and how it might may or might not be. I accept the Torah. I even call it The Five Books of Moses.

Shalom.

Jacob