The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What....what.....?!!!! I'm gonna give you one chance to correct yourself.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
He was referring to your comment: "Circumcision of the Spirit."

He wasn't saying there is no Scripture.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Depends on how you define firstborn. I see it as positional. I'm not saying that that is right it's only my thought.

You're correct.
In most contexts the term 'firstborn' means the first son in birth order.
I some contexts the term 'firstborn' is a title of rank, inheritance, preeminence and superiority.

Manasseh was the first son born of Joseph, yet GOD calls Ephraim His firstborn.

Gen_41:51 And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father's house.
Gen_48:14 And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn.
Gen_48:18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.
Jos_17:1 There was also a lot for the tribe of Manasseh; for he was the firstborn of Joseph;

Jer_31:9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

1Ch_5:1 Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel, (for he was the firstborn; but, forasmuch as he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given unto the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright.

Ishmael was the first son in birth order but the rights and inheritance belonging to the firstborn went to Isaac.
Esau was the first son in birth order but the rights, blessings and inheritance belonging to the firstborn went to Jacob/Israel.

Exo_4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

David was the youngest, far down the line from the first in birth order but GOD says that He would make him his firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

Psa 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

This Psalm not only pertained to David but is Messianic prophecy which pertains to the Lord Jesus and is repeated of Him in Revelation.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of[ek/out of] the dead, and the prince[archon/chief/head] of the kings of the earth.-KJV
Rev 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born out of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth- YLT

Then, we have the other three which pertain to Christ's preeminence over the creation and over the new life from out of the dead.

These do not pertain to His origin or some fanciful imagined beginning of existence.

Rom_8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Col_1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col_1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh.....

(I thought those people lied to themselves and the Holy Spirit that filled them.)

(The Spirit communicates directly, not through an outside person.)

Acts 7: 55. But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

(Only two people in the following, yet the Spirit communicates to St. Phillip)

( Notice no mention of a mystery or outer person)

(Yeah, sorry; absolutely nothing about the Holy Spirit being an outer person.

You'll have to do a whole lot better than that friend.)

Unintelligible response.

glorydaz

Itching ears are those which long to hear of an easy way. It is the broad road that does not lead to the side gate. It is very apparent that pandering to the wants of the masses is not the one Gospel, but those who seek to please men propagate such, and lazy greedy people eat it right up devouring their very potential in the wake of their want of ease and attainment in this world.

Twisting the simple meaning of scripture to suit your want is what people seem to accuse others of; me being no exception.

We should go over the verses about itching ears within context....just for clarification for all.

Playing the victim card is so lame. Salvation is a GIFT that none can earn.

To preach otherwise is to spit on the cross.

glorydaz

I have been telling you for years that THERE ARE THREE.

Three what? :chew:

Except that, the three are NOT DIFFERENT and SEPARATE, as you teach.

Distinct. :chew:

Here she goes Twilight Zone.

You can understand that man can clone himself and there be three people who are exactly the same according to the flesh; but, you can't understand how God who is SPIRIT can be three exact same according to the Spirit.

Totally ignorant statement. :chew:

Man cannot clone a spirit, only flesh.

More ignorant still. :chew:

Here she begins to slip in her personal garbage. Beware.

God is Spirit and came as a man.

God is a spirit. John 4:24
The WORD who was with God and was God became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:1, 1:14

We are our spirit.

:rotfl:

Here she slaps down her cards and proves herself a total FOOL.

Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God the Father come as a man.

God's Truth

So if my boss gives me load information for me to relay to the shipper, and I tell the shipper that load information, does that make me my boss? Because that's the logic you're using.

If everything you say and do all the time is what the Father says and does, then you are.