Jesus Condemned All Those With Faith And No Works

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Condemned All Those Who Have Faith Without Works

Matt 25:41-46
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Matt 7:18-28
18 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 "Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,
Luke 13:24-28
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
25 "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'
26 "then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
27 "But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
28 "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
Matt 25:1-12
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:21-22
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
2 Cor 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
John 15:17
17 "These things I command you, that you love one another.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What about Cornelius and the Philippian Jailer?

I said
lolol Cornelius the one who gave alms continually.

[Act 10:1-2
1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment,
2 a devout [man] and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lolol Cornelius the one who gave alms continually.

[Act 10:1-2
1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment,
2 a devout [man] and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always.

And the Philippian jailer?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And the Philippian jailer?

I said
Is this the one?

[Act 16:27-28 NKJV] 27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself.
28 But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, "Do yourself no harm, for we are all here."

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Is this the one?

[Act 16:27-28 NKJV] 27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself.
28 But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, "Do yourself no harm, for we are all here."

That's the one.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?

Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.”

Not that is faith without works.

clefty

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?

Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.”

Maybe he forgot works are optional?

Squeaky is big on being able to pick and choose which work he wants to do and how to do it...as long as it’s works in agreement to his opinion and he is fully convinced of it...

But yes it’s optional...kinda like “do what thou whilst”...

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned

Squeaky is big on being able to pick and choose which work he wants to do and how to do it...as long as it’s works in agreement to his opinion and he is fully convinced of it...

Is he an actual JW?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Well that is what it says. Even Abraham had to prove his faith with his works.

[Jas 2:19-22, 24, 26
[19] You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!
[20] But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
[21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
[22] Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? ...
[24] You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
[26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

But yes it’s optional...kinda like “do what thou whilst”...

I said
lolol Your lies are getting bigger and bigger.

clefty

I said
lolol Your lies are getting bigger and bigger.

No your nose is...

You prove with your works you follow another gospel another christ...

As if the martyrs had the option to compromise and choose which works to keep or which to opt out...

Sabbath? Oh whatever...it’s optional...

Do you know how many were killed by the sunday keepers Squeaky? Why didnt the Spirit save them with what He supposedly tells you...”go ahead Squeaky you shall NOT surely die if you choose another way”

clefty

Is he an actual JW?

Squeaky a JW...doubtful...too undisciplined for such as that...

More like typical once saved always saved...grace alone...law changed abolished...or like those so MAD that there remain chores in His ONE HOUSE they claim “but not for me as I am raptured from faith with chores”...

He is more like the I get to choose...”do what thou whilst”...optional as you are convinced...not a strict or disciplined disciple but whatever whenever...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky a JW...doubtful...too undisciplined for such as that...

More like typical once saved always saved...grace alone...law changed abolished...or like those so MAD that there remain chores in His ONE HOUSE they claim “but not for me as I am raptured from faith with chores”...

He is more like the I get to choose...”do what thou whilst”...optional as you are convinced...not a strict or disciplined disciple but whatever whenever...

I said
lolol Your an idiot. I'm a Christian according to the new testament. And I discipline myself to obeying the new testament.

clefty

I said
lolol Your an idiot. I'm a Christian according to the new testament. And I discipline myself to obeying the new testament.

Now you lie as the Sabbath is optional to you...which means you worship a God Who’s laws are optional...you created an idol...you took His name for nothing...you dont remember the Sabbath dont keep it holy...dont honor your Father...steal worship commit spiritual adultery kill the spirit BARE FALSE WITNESS and covet the world its traditions of doing what ever it wants...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Now you lie as the Sabbath is optional to you...which means you worship a God Who’s laws are optional...you created an idol...you took His name for nothing...you dont remember the Sabbath dont keep it holy...dont honor your Father...steal worship commit spiritual adultery kill the spirit BARE FALSE WITNESS and covet the world its traditions of doing what ever it wants...

I said
lolol The Sabbath is optional to all Christians. If you make it a law you are putting people back under the old testament law and condemning them.

[Gal 5:1-4
[1] Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
[2] Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
[3] And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
[4] You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

clefty

I said
lolol The Sabbath is optional to all Christians. If you make it a law you are putting people back under the old testament law and condemning them.
all laws are optional...some of us WANT to because of what He did for us...

others hate His way...

Some think they are raptured of them...grace alone...

Still others think they can do things to earn salvation or adoption into His...

[Gal 5:1-4
[1] Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
[2] Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
[3] And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
[4] You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

If you keep just one of the NT laws you have to keep the rest too...oh wait no you don’t opine that...you think you can choose whatever whenever...as long as you are convinced...

He said “Think not...” but you do...following jewish false witness that He changed the customs...