• Total voters

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The first verse says the Son was in the bosom of the the Father. John 1:18

He came OUT FROM GOD. John 16:27

He came DOWN FROM HEAVEN. John 6:38

He was God and was with God in the beginning. John 1:1

He was made flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14

The other verse John 10:34KJV is referring to the Judges of Israel who spoke in the place of God. They were not "gods" at all.

please take out the [size] if you must quote that rule breaking idiot!!!

God's Truth

The house hot 90 degrees and I fell to sleep, now I feel much better and less like I have a bad cold.

I bet i have a rare disease where my blood does not stay warm?

My cousin is like my sister, we played as children. She was very healthy then the cancer showed up.

zi care very much for her, she fear death much more than i do, so I told her it would have been better if it happened to me, for zi do not fear death

And you have the nerve to call someone cuckoo.

CherubRam

The first verse says the Son was in the bosom of the the Father. John 1:18

He came OUT FROM GOD. John 16:27

He came DOWN FROM HEAVEN. John 6:38

He was God and was with God in the beginning. John 1:1

He was made flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14

The other verse John 10:34KJV is referring to the Judges of Israel who spoke in the place of God. They were not "gods" at all.

Commentary on John 1:1.

Pantheion

Greek pantheion, from pan 'all' + theion 'Divine Eternal-s' (from theios 'divine.')
From Greek aion, meaning Eternal, for an infinite amount of time Pantheion: Pan/the/ion. All Divine Eternal-s. The word “All” makes it plural.

aeon or aion or eon
1. An immeasurably long period of time. From Greek, Aion, an infinitely long time.

Greek word TON and THEON.
From the Scripture4All program. Link: www.scripture4all.org/

The Greek word "TON" is translated 1583 times as "the;" And 18 times as "the -one." It is used before nouns to mean a {certain-one-person-s,} or place, or thing. However, different translations of Greek do not always agree. That is the reason for my interpretation of John 1:1 as "the only Divine Eternal." In English the word “one” can also be translated as “only.” TON: The only. THEON: Divine Eternal.

John 1:1

Greek:
en arche en ho logos kai ho logos en pros ton theon kai theos en ho logos

Interlinear:
en (in) arche (beginning) en (was) ho (the) logos (Word) kai (and) ho (the) logos (Word) en (was) pos (toward or with) ton (TON is a special definite article "the" meaning the one and only, it appears as TON instead of O in the Greek) theon (Divine Eternal) kai (and) theos (Divine) en (was) ho (the) logos (Word)

In English we have:
In beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the (one or only) Divine Eternal, and Divine was the Word.

The defining article "a" must be supplied for the English language, to define that there is another Divine that is not the "Divine Eternal."

Why do translators drop off the definite article TON (the one or only) before Divine Eternal?

Theon and Theos
They both mean Divine, but in different cases. Theos is the nominative, Theon is accusative. Another form is Theou, which is genitive.

John 1:1 reads: “In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with [τὸν θεὸν, (TON THEON) literally, the only Divine Eternal], and the Word was divine. [θεὸς].”

In the first instance (“the Word was with the only Divine Eternal”) it is in the accusative case and thus is spelled θεὸν [theon] But in the second occurrence it is in the nominative case, and so it is spelled θεὸς [theos]
Ton Theon was also applied to Zeus, meaning "The Only Divine Eternal."

Eon or Aeon; a very long time.
The word aeon, also spelled eon or æon, originally means "life", and / or "being", though it then tended to mean "age", "forever" or "for eternity". It is a Latin transliteration from the koine Greek word ὁ αἰών (ho aion), from the archaic αἰϝών (aiwon).

In Homer it typically refers to life or lifespan. Its latest meaning is more or less similar to the Sanskrit word kalpa and Hebrew word olam. A cognate Latin word aevum or aeuum (cf. αἰϝών) for "age" is present in words such as longevity.

Although the term aeon may be used in reference to a period of a billion years, its more common usage is for any long, indefinite, period.

Eternity or age
The Bible translation is a treatment of the Hebrew word olam and the Greek word aion. Both these words have similar meaning, and Young's Literal Translation renders them and their derivatives as “age” or “age-during”. Other English versions most often translate them to indicate eternity, being translated as eternal, everlasting, forever, etc. However, there are notable exceptions to this in all major translations, such as Matthew 28:20: “…I am with you always, to the end of the age” (NRSV), the word “age” being a translation of aion.
Rendering aion to indicate eternality in this verse would result in the contradictory phrase “end of eternity”, so the question arises whether it should ever be so.

Proponents of Universal Reconciliation point out that this has significant implications for the problem of an eternal hell.

Contrast readings of Matthew 25:46 in well-known English translations with its rendering in Young's Literal Translation:
And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during. (YLT)

Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. (NIV)

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. (NASB)

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into life eternal. (KJV)

And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life. (NWT)

The word "Divine" is a translation, and the word "god" is an interpretation. The reason the word "god" is an interpretation, is because it derived from the name of a Pagan god.

Additional Note.
Theosophy
Theosophy (from Greek θεοσοφία theosophia, from θεός theos, divine + σοφία sophia, wisdom; literally "divine wisdom")

The word theosophia appeared in both Greek and Latin in early Christian writings as a synonym for “theology”. The theosophoi are “those who know divine matters.”

Last edited by a moderator:

daqq

You need to stop using large print. We talked about this before. Now just use normal print like everyone else, Do not hit [size]just do not do it anymore!

If you quote him, take out the [size] as it messes up the board. thanks

please take out the [size] if you must quote that rule breaking idiot!!!

I don't see any size on his posts. :idunno:

Okay, I see a size 3, but it looks normal to me.

Sorry to go off topic, (please, just for this one post), but I was seriously wondering about this. You mean to say that if we change the font size it does not display properly on some people's screens? And is it truly against the rules to change the font size? I ask in all seriousness because some texts, (like Greek and Hebrew), really look terrible in the forum default font, and some characters with overlines or overstrikes, (similar to a macron), do not display properly. The following text is an example in the Garamond Font face changed to size 3: and I am wondering, @Ktoyou, if this example displays properly on your screen?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Sorry to go off topic, (please, just for this one post), but I was seriously wondering about this. You mean to say that if we change the font size it does not display properly on some people's screens? And is it truly against the rules to change the font size? I ask in all seriousness because some texts, (like Greek and Hebrew), really look terrible in the forum default font, and some characters with overlines or overstrikes, (similar to a macron), do not display properly. The following text is an example in the Garamond Font face changed to size 3: and I am wondering, @Ktoyou, if this example displays properly on your screen?

You are allowed to change font and size for some special posts, but regular discussion use the default type and size

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=16505]CherubRam[/MENTION] Please use plain text and leave off the special formatting. It's turning in pages and pages of text on some devices. I have removed the formatting from your posts. Please stick with typing in the normal TOL font.