Justification by faith with out an iota of a human works

fktadams

The second coming is eminent , but are you ready ? What is your standard of readiness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
The second coming is eminent , but are you ready ? What is your standard of readiness?

"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Bradley D

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father....Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come" (Mt. 24:36/42)

I am to always be ready as if each day may be that day.

God's Truth

"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Jesus is the Lamb of God that means you don't have to use the blood of animals to be made righteous because Jesus' blood makes people righteous. It does not mean we no longer have to obey God; it means we don't have to sacrifice animals.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.
We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

God's Truth

The 'not of works' is about not doing the purification/ceremonial works.

We always have to obey; we just don't have to get circumcised anymore and sacrifice animals, etc.

We have to be ready because when Jesus comes he will not be bearing sins.

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Now read what Jesus says after he was on earth, died, and rose again. This is what Jesus says after he was seated in heaven:

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Luke 13:25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.' "But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus is the Lamb of God that means you don't have to use the blood of animals to be made righteous because Jesus' blood makes people righteous. It does not mean we no longer have to obey God; it means we don't have to sacrifice animals.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.
We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

It appears that you are trusting in your own righteousness to save you. If you stand before God in the judgment in your own righteousness, you will perish,

You are in conflict with many of the scriptures that Paul wrote. Especially this one,

"As it is written, There is NONE righteous, no not one" Romans 3:10.

Or this one written by John.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.

God's Truth

It appears that you are trusting in your own righteousness to save you.

I trust Jesus' words. Jesus says to do this and this and I do it. He is the way. What he says is truth. His words are Spirit and life and his words don't come alive in a person until they do what he says.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation;
even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Anyone that is relying on their own righteousness and obedience is relying on the wrong one.

God's Truth

It appears that you are trusting in your own righteousness to save you.

I trust Jesus' words. Jesus says to do this and this and I do it. He is the way. What he says is truth. His words are Spirit and life and his words don't come alive in a person until they do what he says.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

God's Truth

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation;
even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Anyone that is relying on their own righteousness and obedience is relying on the wrong one.

It is no work for a person to sit in their house and repent of their sins and call on him to save them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is no work for a person to sit in their house and repent of their sins and call on him to save them.
They can do that while they sit in their house all they want to.
But they still ain't the one. and none of their righteousness and obedience is included.

Romans 5 KJV
(19)
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

If you are relying on anyone's righteousness and obedience, other than the Lord Jesus Christ, you are relying on the righteousness and obedience of the wrong one, as we see you do daily.

God's Truth

They can do that while they sit in their house all they want to.
But they still ain't the one. and none of their righteousness and obedience is included.

Romans 5 KJV
(19)
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

If you are relying on anyone's righteousness and obedience, other than the Lord Jesus Christ, you are relying on the righteousness and obedience of the wrong one, as we see you do daily.

It isn't wise to argue against Jesus who says unless you repent, you too will all perish.