the biggest hypocrisy

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Then who can be saved;

Romans 3:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Jesus also says with God everything is possible.

I believe that if you are sincerely trying to be like Jesus until the end, your sins will be wiped away and be perfect in God's eyes.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 5:22-23 [Full Chapter]

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Most Christians claim they are sinless and saved.

Jesus commands His followers to be perfect. Above verse is condition of perfection.

No one can achieve such high standards. This is a life long endeavor.

It is a lie to claim sinless and saved without being perfect.

bump

meshak

BANNED
Banned

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Jesus commands His followers to be perfect. Above verse is condition of perfection.

bump

6days

meshak said:
Hey Meshak... I didn't read all the comments in this thread so perhaps this has already been addressed.

1. Can you provide an example of someone claiming that they are sinless? I am curious what the context would be for someone to say something like that.

2. I don't understand what is wrong with someone claiming they are saved. Who is it that saves us? (Jesus?) Salvation at the most basic level is found in John 3:16 I do believe in Him... I know I have been redeemed! And now, as a follower of Jesus, I want to grow closer to Him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey Meshak... I didn't read all the comments in this thread so perhaps this has already been addressed.

1. Can you provide an example of someone claiming that they are sinless? I am curious what the context would be for someone to say something like that.

2. I don't understand what is wrong with someone claiming they are saved. Who is it that saves us? (Jesus?) Salvation at the most basic level is found in John 3:16 I do believe in Him... I know I have been redeemed! And now, as a follower of Jesus, I want to grow closer to Him.

Do you believe Jesus is the Lord?

Please bear with me asking you questions.

I do that to prove legitimacy of my OP.

thanks.

Right Divider

Body part

Please provide some support for this baseless claim.

God's Truth

Luke 3:22
22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”​

Thousands and thousands of people can have the Holy Spirit be in them. It doesn't mean Jesus is not the Holy Spirit and also had the Holy Spirit descend on him.

Humans are flesh and spirit.

God the Father came as a man's spirit in the flesh.

God came as a man and had to grow and learn as all humans do.

The scriptures say plainly that the Lord is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

All these scriptures tell us Jesus is the Spirit.

Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

That scripture say Jesus is a life-giving Spirit; well, there is only one life giving Spirit:

Ephesians 2:18
For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called.

God the Father sent His Son. His Son is from Him, His own Spirit. As to Jesus' earthly side his flesh is from Mary a descendant of David and Abraham.

6days

Do you believe Jesus is the Lord?

Please bear with me asking you questions.

I do that to prove legitimacy of my OP.

thanks.

Yes... Jesus is Lord. The NWT paraphrase says "For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord,+ and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. "

genuineoriginal

Thousands and thousands of people can have the Holy Spirit be in them. It doesn't mean Jesus is not the Holy Spirit and also had the Holy Spirit descend on him.
You seem to have a problem accepting the clear words of scripture.

While it is true that the Bible does not state "Jesus is not the Holy Spirit" it is also true that the Bible does not state "Jesus is the Holy Spirit"
So, it leaves us to use the plain words of scripture to determine the truth.

Matthew 4:1
1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.​

John 15:26
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

John 16:13
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.​

We cannot look for hidden meanings in scripture before we have accepted the testimony of the plain words of scripture.

God's Truth

You seem to have a problem accepting the clear words of scripture.

While it is true that the Bible does not state "Jesus is not the Holy Spirit" it is also true that the Bible does not state "Jesus is the Holy Spirit"
So, it leaves us to use the plain words of scripture to determine the truth.

Matthew 4:1
1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.​

John 15:26
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

John 16:13
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.​

We cannot look for hidden meanings in scripture before we have accepted the testimony of the plain words of scripture.

Deal with the scriptures that I gave you. All of them say the Lord is the Spirit.

It is not going to be a pleasant discussion with you if you don't deal with the scriptures I gave, as I have done with yours. I went through a lot to get those scriptures for you and you just ignored them and gave more scriptures for me to explain to you. Deal with the ones I have already given you and explained and then we can move on to more.