Original Sin and the Calvinists

God's Truth

You're such a cherry-picker...

Rom 11:29 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:29) For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.

That scripture means the gifts are irrevocable.

As for you saying a scripture is cherry picked, do you really think that you can dismiss something from Jesus that way?

Right Divider

Body part
That scripture means the gifts are irrevocable.
I know that. That is my point. Repent means a change of mind.

As for you saying a scripture is cherry picked, do you really think that you can dismiss something from Jesus that way?
I did NOT say that (as usual you try to TWIST someones words). I said that YOU cherry-pick verses while COMPLETELY IGNORING others.

God's Truth

Are you really this dense or do you have a hidden agenda?

I already told you that the gospel is spoken about by Paul at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 and there is not a single word about obedience!

But that means nothing to you because all you do all day long is to pour scorn on the Scriptures.

You are afraid to answer WHAT we are supposed to obey about Jesus.

That means you have no business acting as if you have the truth and are a teacher of it; and you definitely have no business calling anyone dense; you prove you are, or you would answer.

God's Truth

We are told to believe Jesus, but many here can't explain what it is that we have to believe.

These people who can't tell don't see that they can't tell for a reason. They attack people as being dense, but you can't see that you are. Why not tell what we are to believe about Jesus?

Right Divider

Body part
No kidding.

Change your mind ABOUT WHAT?
That depends on what that PARTICULAR scripture is talking about.

1Sam 15:35 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:35) And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

Picking a scripture that rebukes you is NOT a defense to say I am ignoring other scriptures. Scripture does NOT nullify scripture.
No, but you try to.

Jerry Shugart

You are afraid to answer WHAT we are supposed to obey about Jesus.

We should obey everything which we are told to obey. But that is not a condition for salvation!

That means you have no business acting as if you have the truth and are a teacher of it; and you definitely have no business calling anyone dense; you prove you are, or you would answer.

The Scriptures declare in no uncertain terms that it is belief in the gospel of Christ that results in salvation (Ro.1:16). And as I have already said, Paul speaks of that gospel at 1 Cor.15:1-4 and there is not a word in that gospel about obedience--only belief!

But you prove over and over that you don't care what the Scriptures reveal!

God's Truth

That depends on what that PARTICULAR scripture is talking about.

1Sam 15:35 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:35) And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

No, but you try to.

Again, what are we to change our mind about?!

God's Truth

We should obey everything which we are told to obey. But that is not a condition for salvation!
Of course obeying what the way says to do is a condition of salvation!

The Scriptures declare in no uncertain terms that it is belief in the gospel of Christ that results in salvation (Ro.1:16). And as I have already said, Paul speaks of that gospel at 1 Cor.15:1-4 and there is not a word in that gospel about obedience--only belief!

But you prove over and over that you don't care what the Scriptures reveal!

We have to believe that we have to repent of our sins!

Jesus died for those sins you refuse to repent of.

Jesus says repent or perish.

Right Divider

Body part
Again, what are we to change our mind about?!
You cannot understand even the simplest of things. As as said in the previous post: That depends on what that PARTICULAR scripture is talking about.

Acts 8:18-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:18) And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, (8:19) Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. (8:20) But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. (8:21) Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. (8:22) Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

In THIS PARTICULAR case, Simon was to repent of ONE PARTICULAR SIN. Can you figure out what that is? Probably not.

beloved57

Of course obeying what the way says to do is a condition of salvation!

Jesus died for those sins you refuse to repent of.

Jesus says repent or perish.

False statements not found in scripture. Those Christ died for have been reconciled to God by His death while they are unrepented enemies Rom 5:10.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, we are to repent of our sins but that is not a condition of salvation.

As I said, the Scriptures reveal that it is those who believe the gospel who are saved (Ro.1:16) and the gospel says nothing about repenting of sins!

iouae

The whole idea of "original sin" is not just a problem for the Calvinists, but is for all Christians.

It is such a load of crock that the sin of one man, six thousand years ago, somehow infected all humanity ever since.

First, sin is not contagious. It cannot be caught.

Second, it is not genetic, that it can be passed down in the chromosomes.

Third, it is unbiblical to punish the children for the fathers.

Fourth, the dinosaurs such as T. rex were eating other dinosaurs such as Triceratops, 65 million years before Adam and Eve. Thus death existed from the Cambrian.

Fifth, sin did not enter the world by one man, it entered by one woman. Let us not treat the sexes unequally.

Sixth, sin and death did not enter the world by one man, called Adam because Adam lived a rich, long life of 900 years. Death entered the world through Cain slaying Abel. And God blamed Cain, not Adam.

Seventh, the death Paul referred to which entered the world was HUMAN death. We know that because God told Adam and Eve that THEY would surely die meaning human death.

Eighth, the first recorded death was performed by God killing a sheep to clothe Adam and Eve. Thus death entered by God.

I could go on and on, but sufficient to say that there is enough guilt to go around. I die for MY sins, not Adam or Eve's. Eze 18:4
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Notice that it is the soul doing the sinning that does the dying. Not the children dying because of the father.

Likewise, it is the person who eats the sour grapes who's teeth are set on edge, not the children's for the fathers eating the grapes. Our teeth are not on edge because Adam or Eve (our parents). Eek 18:2

Man is fallen because every soul chooses to sin as they reach the age they can be accountable. That is why the world is fallen.

God's Truth

Yes, we are to repent of our sins but that is not a condition of salvation.

As I said, the Scriptures reveal that it is those who believe the gospel who are saved (Ro.1:16) and the gospel says nothing about repenting of sins!

You can't get saved unless you obey; see Acts 5:32.

We have to repent of our sins.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

God's Truth

You cannot understand even the simplest of things. As as said in the previous post: That depends on what that PARTICULAR scripture is talking about.

Acts 8:18-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:18) And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, (8:19) Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. (8:20) But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. (8:21) Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. (8:22) Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

In THIS PARTICULAR case, Simon was to repent of ONE PARTICULAR SIN. Can you figure out what that is? Probably not.

We have to repent of our sins. If you do not it is on you.