Are You Ready For Jesus To Come?

God's Truth

When the Bible tells humans to 'repent', it is about our stop doing our sins.

1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

That is about REPENTING OF SINS.

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Job 34:33 Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent? You must decide, not I; so tell me what you know.

What does Job say?

He says to REPENT of evilness.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

That scripture proves God gives understanding to those who obey.

Here, this scripture is going to explain it to you in the simplest form yet.

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

That is a prophecy about ALL being saved by Jesus.

Read this next scripture. Repent of their what?

Repent of their wickedness!

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

More scripture about repenting from our SINS:

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

God's Truth

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. Those who would come to Jesus had first to repent of their sins.

We still have to repent to prepare the way for Jesus into our hearts.

We have to first repent of our sins.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach this message: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!

Mark 4:12 so that although they look they may look but not see, and although they hear they may hear but not understand, so they may not repent and be forgiven.”

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Acts 3:19 Therefore repent and turn back so that your sins may be wiped out,

Did you read Acts 3:19? If they are already saved then why are their sins not already wiped out?

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

God's Truth

If all the jailer had to do is believe and nothing else, why did he ask what he had to do and why then was he water baptized with the baptism of repentance?

In Acts 2:37 those to whom Peter preached responded by asking, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

Why did Peter say, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

That is two different times now you see that people asked what should they do and they repented as was evident by their water baptism.

In addition, we see that after Paul believed he was baptized with the baptism of repentance (Acts 9:18); as were the Samaritans (Acts 8:12); the Ethiopian (Acts 8:35-39); Cornelius (Acts 10:47-48) and Crispus (Acts 18:8).

God's Truth

Jesus' words are life for EVERYONE the same.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

Romans 3:29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too,

Romans 2:11 For God does not show favoritism.

Romans 2:12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

13for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

14For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,…

God's Truth

This is what the risen Lord says:

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.
21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

God's Truth

Acts 8:22 Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that he may perhaps forgive you for the intent of your heart.

Right Divider

Body part
If all the jailer had to do is believe and nothing else, why did he ask what he had to do and why then was he water baptized with the baptism of repentance?

In Acts 2:37 those to whom Peter preached responded by asking, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

Why did Peter say, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Because Israel needed to repent of their murder of the LORD Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:22-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:22) Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: (2:23) Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: (2:24) Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

CONTEXT is AGAIN beyond your ability to comprehend. You should either LEARN or keep quiet.

That is two different times now you see that people asked what should they do and they repented as was evident by their water baptism.

In addition, we see that after Paul believed he was baptized with the baptism of repentance (Acts 9:18); as were the Samaritans (Acts 8:12); the Ethiopian (Acts 8:35-39); Cornelius (Acts 10:47-48) and Crispus (Acts 18:8).
NONE of those are in reference to the BODY OF CHRIST.... they are ALL about Israel and God's dealings with THEM.

Acts 10:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:1) There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian [band], (10:2) [A] devout [man], and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Cornelius was a believing gentile that blessed Israel per Genesis 12:1-3. Who are "the people"? That would be ISRAEL.

Gary K

Banned
I would like to take this thread back towards its beginnings.

Acts 13: 13 Now when Paul and his company loosed from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem.
14 ¶But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.
15 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.
17 The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an high arm brought he them out of it.
18 And about the time of forty years suffered he their manners in the wilderness.
19 And when he had destroyed seven nations in the land of Chanaan, he divided their land to them by lot.
20 And after that he gave unto them judges about the space of four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet.
21 And afterward they desired a king: and God gave unto them Saul the son of Cis, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, by the space of forty years.
22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:
24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.
25 And as John fulfilled his course, he said, Whom think ye that I am? I am not he. But, behold, there cometh one after me, whose shoes of his feet I am not worthy to loose.
26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.
27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.
28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain.
29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.
30 But God raised him from the dead:
31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.
32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,
33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
38 ¶Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;
41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 ¶And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

In verses 17-41 Paul is teaching the same thing Peter taught on the day of Pentacost. He expands it beyond what is recorded from Peter's sermon, but Paul is teaching the same thing. Then in verses 42-44 it is recorded that Paul taught the same thing to the Gentiles.

Then in chapter 14 this theme is continued:
Acts 14: 1 And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

The believing Jews and Greeks accepted the same gospel, as they preached to them in one place at the same time.

In chapter 17 the theme continues:
Acts 17: 1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:
2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.
4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Notice, Paul and Silas once again taught in the synagogue of the Jews and some of the Jews, and great multitude of Greeks accept the gospel he taught.

This theme continues on chapter 18:
Acts 18: 1 After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;
2 And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.
3 And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers.
4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

Paul is once again teaching in the Jewish synagogue to both Jews and Greeks. He is teaching them both one and the same Gospel for he is preaching to both at the same time.

Then look what happens in verse 6:
Acts 18: 6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Notice that until this moment Paul taught both Jews and Gentiles, but from Corinth on he taught only the Gentiles because of the Jew's rejection of the Gospel.

Paul himself defeats the premise of MAD, that there is more than one gospel and that Peter and Paul taught separate gospels.

A side comment on MAD: When I first saw the acronym my first thought was from the Cold War, Mutual Assured Destruction. :)

God's Truth

I would like to take this thread back towards its beginnings.

In verses 17-41 Paul is teaching the same thing Peter taught on the day of Pentacost. He expands it beyond what is recorded from Peter's sermon, but Paul is teaching the same thing. Then in verses 42-44 it is recorded that Paul taught the same thing to the Gentiles.

Then in chapter 14 this theme is continued:

The believing Jews and Greeks accepted the same gospel, as they preached to them in one place at the same time.

In chapter 17 the theme continues:

Notice, Paul and Silas once again taught in the synagogue of the Jews and some of the Jews, and great multitude of Greeks accept the gospel he taught.

This theme continues on chapter 18:

Paul is once again teaching in the Jewish synagogue to both Jews and Greeks. He is teaching them both one and the same Gospel for he is preaching to both at the same time.

Then look what happens in verse 6:

Notice that until this moment Paul taught both Jews and Gentiles, but from Corinth on he taught only the Gentiles because of the Jew's rejection of the Gospel.

Paul himself defeats the premise of MAD, that there is more than one gospel and that Peter and Paul taught separate gospels.

A side comment on MAD: When I first saw the acronym my first thought was from the Cold War, Mutual Assured Destruction. :)

Good proving that Peter and Paul taught the same gospel.

I thought it was ironic that the madists seem mad all the time.

God's Truth

Because Israel needed to repent of their murder of the LORD Jesus Christ.

What? Israel had to repent for that? Show the scripture.

Acts 2:22-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:22) Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: (2:23) Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: (2:24) Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

CONTEXT is AGAIN beyond your ability to comprehend. You should either LEARN or keep quiet.

That is ridiculous that you think that is all of Israel repenting.

NONE of those are in reference to the BODY OF CHRIST.... they are ALL about Israel and God's dealings with THEM.

Jesus taught the Israelites how to get in his body.

(10:1) There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian [band], (10:2) [A] devout [man], and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Cornelius was a believing gentile that blessed Israel per Genesis 12:1-3. Who are "the people"? That would be ISRAEL.

Cornelius was an uncircumcised Gentile. You are badly mistaken.

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

Right Divider

Body part
What? Israel had to repent for that? Show the scripture.
I did... but you don't believe the Bible.

That is ridiculous that you think that is all of Israel repenting.
Once again, you don't believe the Bible.

Jesus taught the Israelites how to get in his body.
You continue to make false claims based on your complete lack of knowledge and strange bias.

Cornelius was an uncircumcised Gentile. You are badly mistaken.
When did I say anything about his circumcision? You are stupid.

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.
And?

So you think that Cornelius was not a believing gentile that blessed THE PEOPLE? Your ignorance is astounding.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Even common sense should tell you that if a believer sins they are to ask God through Jesus to forgive them.
This is the Lord’s Prayer, where believers pray to God to forgive us our sins.

Matthew 6:11
Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
That's not the pattern of our forgiveness. Our forgiveness was 2000 years ago when Christ died on the cross for our sins!

Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

All of which happened when we were enemies of God:

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

God already forgave the world for Christ's sake! Now believe the gospel Paul declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV to be saved!

God's Truth

That's not the pattern of our forgiveness. Our forgiveness was 2000 years ago when Christ died on the cross for our sins!

Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

All of which happened when we were enemies of God:

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

God already forgave the world for Christ's sake! Now believe the gospel Paul declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV to be saved!

Why do you think Saul from the Old Testament was NOT forgiven and David with much horrific sin was? The Holy Spirit was with BOTH OF THEM. Now think about it and please tell me you get it now.