Was Jesus a man of color .

Bee1

There are people who still would not believe.

It doesn't matter what Jesus looked like.

If it mattered, God would have made sure there was an image.
Well at one time God's name was in the Bible...and Man decided that his name was to holy for the masses so they took it out and now we use the name God instead. No muss...no fuss.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Well at one time God's name was in the Bible...and Man decided that his name was to holy for the masses so they took it out and now we use the name God instead. No muss...no fuss.

Jesus saved me when I called on him using his English pronounced name 'Jesus'.

Last edited:

Lon

From the first time Christian children settle into Sunday school classrooms, an image of Jesus Christ is etched into their minds. In North America he is most often depicted as being taller than his disciples, lean, with long, flowing, light brown hair, fair skin and light-colored eyes. Familiar though this image may be, it is inherently flawed. A person with these features and physical bearing would have looked very different from everyone else in the region where Jesus lived and ministered. Surely the authors of the Bible would have mentioned so stark a contrast.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

As if 'white' is a non-color, non-entity? Sometimes, I wish people of 'color' would listen to themselves. I try to be color-blind and could give a care less your skin color. I realize that groups of people are downtrodden, AND for their color BUT here is the thing:

(Please listen) Everyone who has ever treated me like a brother in Jesus, I didn't even know his/her color. I mean, of course I could bring it to mind, but that's just it: Galatians 3:28 The Lord Jesus Christ told us to regard 'no man in the flesh.' I think using His image to cause separations is an offense to Him.

marhig

Sin earns death. Jesus died for sin. You say He didn't need to die.

That means your sins are not paid for, and you will have to pay for them yourself.

Are you the one who makes the rules now?

Your being sorry sure won't pay the penalty for your sins.

The wages of sin is death....as opposed to eternal life.
I'm saying that Jesus didn't need to die to save, he was doing so before he died and he was reconciling by the word of God through the gospel. If Jesus was reconciling us to the father by the word of God, then he didn't need to die to save us from the wrath of God. Also Christ Jesus was forgiving sins in his lifetime, no need for him to be crucified for sins to be forgiven.

marhig

If there was some type of physical evidence , with out of doubt proof that this man lived and died, do you know what that means to Christianity...churchs across the world will be filled to standing room only . What he roughly looked like would be very important to his existence.

John 20

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

We don't need physical evidence, we need to have faith. I know Jesus existed, I have complete faith and I believe in him without seeing pictures or images. I don't need to see what he looked like, I can tell by what he says that he's from God and i know that he's the Christ.

God's Truth

I'm saying that Jesus didn't need to die to save, he was doing so before he died and he was reconciling by the word of God through the gospel. If Jesus was reconciling us to the father by the word of God, then he didn't need to die to save us from the wrath of God. Also Christ Jesus was forgiving sins in his lifetime, no need for him to be crucified for sins to be forgiven.

Jesus came first for the lost sheep of Israel, they are the people who already belonged to God by faith.

Not all Jews had faith.

The people who already belonged to God now had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

Jesus said he would not lose one that God gave him.

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

When Jesus started his earthly ministry, he gave the rules and regulations for the new covenant, the new testament.

Then he shed his blood on the cross for that new covenant, new testament.

Jesus taught the way while he walked the earth, but no one was made perfect and holy and reconciled to God until Jesus shed his blood on the cross.

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, it is when all changed, and reconciliation could happen.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Colossians 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

God's Truth

No one was saved before His death and resurrection. Your theology is off. Here is another thread for you: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128427-What-ever-happened-to/page5

People were saved from Hell before Jesus came. People were not made perfect and reconciled to God by God living in them and us in Him until Jesus came and shed his blood on the cross.

You act if no one was called righteous and a child of God before Jesus. You are badly mistaken.

marhig

Jesus came first for the lost sheep of Israel, they are the people who already belonged to God by faith.

Not all Jews had faith.

The people who already belonged to God now had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

Jesus said he would not lose one that God gave him.

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

When Jesus started his earthly ministry, he gave the rules and regulations for the new covenant, the new testament.

Then he shed his blood on the cross for that new covenant, new testament.

Jesus taught the way while he walked the earth, but no one was made perfect and holy and reconciled to God until Jesus shed his blood on the cross.

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, it is when all changed, and reconciliation could happen.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Colossians 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
GT I believe all those verses, but I don't see them as you do, i believe Jesus was a living sacrifice, without a spot or blemish of sin and he came and bore witness to the truth, showing us how to live before God and teaching us the true way. And I believe that his blood is his life. The life is in the blood and Christ's life is in his blood, the blood the we drink, which is his life and it's that life that we take in when we drink his blood and eat his flesh, which means to take all of his teachings and commandments in and also take his outward life and how he lived into our hearts too and then we are to live it out, obey God and Christ and live by the will of the father if we truly follow Jesus.

That's how I believe GT, and I know it's the truth. If you don't agree then ok, I'm going to leave it there because it's going on forever. Thanks

WatchmanOnTheWall

People were saved from Hell before Jesus came. People were not made perfect and reconciled to God by God living in them and us in Him until Jesus came and shed his blood on the cross.

You act if no one was called righteous and a child of God before Jesus. You are badly mistaken.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

You reject this scripture and this one:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You do not know the Gospel.

Bee1

As if 'white' is a non-color, non-entity? Sometimes, I wish people of 'color' would listen to themselves. I try to be color-blind and could give a care less your skin color. I realize that groups of people are downtrodden, AND for their color BUT here is the thing:

(Please listen) Everyone who has ever treated me like a brother in Jesus, I didn't even know his/her color. I mean, of course I could bring it to mind, but that's just it: Galatians 3:28 The Lord Jesus Christ told us to regard 'no man in the flesh.' I think using His image to cause separations is an offense to Him.
It is a fair question. Are Jews white. Black people are black , Hispanics are brown , Asian are yellow and white people are white, so you have to belong to one of the four , basically. Bi-racial not included . So what do Jews consider themselves ?

God's Truth

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

That scripture is about no one going with their physical body to heaven, only Jesus.
You reject this scripture and this one:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You do not know the Gospel.

You don't know the scriptures.

You say all went to Hell before Jesus.

Lk 16:23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

God's Truth

GT I believe all those verses, but I don't see them as you do,

What they say is clear.
i believe Jesus was a living sacrifice, without a spot or blemish of sin and he came and bore witness to the truth, showing us how to live before God and teaching us the true way. And I believe that his blood is his life. The life is in the blood and Christ's life is in his blood, the blood the we drink, which is his life and it's that life that we take in when we drink his blood and eat his flesh, which means to take all of his teachings and commandments in and also take his outward life and how he lived into our hearts too and then we are to live it out, obey God and Christ and live by the will of the father if we truly follow Jesus.
I have already told you my beliefs and they are really close to that; except you left out about receiving the Holy Spirit.

That's how I believe GT, and I know it's the truth. If you don't agree then ok, I'm going to leave it there because it's going on forever. Thanks

You have almost repeated everything that I said about believing and obeying.

The part you leave out that the scriptures are clear about, is that Jesus had to be SACRIFICED; that is about being killed.

WatchmanOnTheWall

marhig

What they say is clear.

I have already told you my beliefs and they are really close to that; except you left out about receiving the Holy Spirit.

You have almost repeated everything that I said about believing and obeying.

The part you leave out that the scriptures are clear about, is that Jesus had to be SACRIFICED; that is about being killed.
The Holy Spirit is like the mortar that holds the living stones of the temple together, without Christ as our cornerstone and the Spirit within our hearts the temple would collapse.

Those born of God are living sacrifices GT, just as Jesus was. Only we aren't pure like him because he never sinned, we do and we need his blood which is his life within our hearts to cleanse us daily by the power of the Spirit, circumcising our hearts helping us to die to self will as we live by the will of God.

And I agree very much with you regarding obedience, if we don't obey God then he won't bless us with his Spirit, those with true faith live by the will of God. And Jesus says that they are those who enter into the kingdom of heaven. All the apostles, including Paul obeyed Jesus from the beginning, dropping everything when he said follow me, and that's what our hearts should be like, we should be ready to let anything in this world go to follow Jesus, this world is just full of corruption and once we know the truth, then building up in it isn't right before God. We don't need the world when we have the living God and if we have true faith, then we should be willing to lay our lives down for others as Jesus did, and live by the will of God with the hope that Christ through us can save as many as possible from the world.