Was Jesus a man of color .

WatchmanOnTheWall

We don't know for sure what Jesus looked like. That is what we know for sure.

Your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

God's Truth

The Bible says that Jesus was beat beyond human likeness. However, the image on the shroud does NOT show this type of beating.

Isaiah 52:14 Just as there were many who were appalled at him -- his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being and his form marred beyond human likeness--

That proves your shroud is not of Jesus.

exminister

Take a peek at them on the news.

Hey BR. Was surprised by this answer since I have looked at your as scholarly. The Jews today have heavily integrated with other tribes if you will. That is why we say Russian Jew, Polish Jew, etc. The are only traces of their heritage in the bloodline. Arabs have not integrated as much and that is more likely the skin tone and facial features if Jesus. He was not a Middle Age white king in features. He was not comely. The Nat Geo pic is certainly closer, but as others have said it is best not to know. Graven images also breaks a commandment and by extension a 2-D image IMHO. But not worthy of death as Islam decrees.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey BR. Was surprised by this answer since I have looked at your as scholarly. The Jews today have heavily integrated with other tribes if you will. That is why we say Russian Jew, Polish Jew, etc. The are only traces of their heritage in the bloodline. Arabs have not integrated as much and that is more likely the skin tone and facial features if Jesus. He was not a Middle Age white king in features. He was not comely. The Nat Geo pic is certainly closer, but as others have said it is best not to know. Graven images also breaks a commandment and by extension a 2-D image IMHO. But not worthy of death as Islam decrees.

He could be somewhat darker. Olive skinned I would think due to the Arabic influence on the Semitic peoples.

WatchmanOnTheWall

There is no true picture or stature of Jesus. We do not know his physical appearance.

again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

God's Truth

again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

You prove you care nothing about the Truth.

Keep promoting lies then.

WatchmanOnTheWall

You prove you care nothing about the Truth.

Keep promoting lies then.

Once again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

God's Truth

Once again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

You keep promoting that film and the shroud. Those people probably made a lot of money off of it. If it was Jesus in that shroud, it would probably show an image of a broken jaw and busted up cheek bones and a nose broken in many places, and probably large bumps on his forehead, all that at least. So did that shroud image show any of that? No.

Be glad that there is no image of Jesus. Images already keep people from the truth as they look out across the room at a picture instead of feeling him inside your heart.

WatchmanOnTheWall

You keep promoting that film and the shroud. Those people probably made a lot of money off of it.
That was not the motivation but then you do not know that because you are ignorant of what was in the documentary.
If it was Jesus in that shroud, it would probably show an image of a broken jaw and busted up cheek bones and a nose broken in many places, and probably large bumps on his forehead, all that at least. So did that shroud image show any of that? No.
No because you are ignorant of the scriptures too:

Psalm 34:20
he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.

John 19:36
These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken,"

Be glad that there is no image of Jesus. Images already keep people from the truth as they look out across the room at a picture instead of feeling him inside your heart.

Jesus' supernatural resurrection was a real event. Christianity is not just some 'warm fuzzy feeling' but again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film and the scriptures. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and the scriptures and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

God's Truth

That was not the motivation but then you do not know that because you are ignorant of what was in the documentary.No because you are ignorant of the scriptures too:
You don't know all those men's motivation, and you do not have any right to say I am ignorant of the scriptures.
Your demand for an image brought on this fight.

That shroud has made a lot of money for those men.

Psalm 34:20
he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.

John 19:36
These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken,"
Those are excellent points but to my defense, the no bone broken was my concentration of the legs of Jesus when he was crucified.

However, you deliberately didn't touch the scripture about his FORM being marred.

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

This you cannot get around.

His FORM was marred more than the sons of men; YET, YOUR picture on the SHROUD does NOT show ANY such thing.

mar
mär/Submit
verb
past tense: marred; past participle: marred
impair the appearance of; disfigure.

Jesus' supernatural resurrection was a real event. Christianity is not just some 'warm fuzzy feeling' but again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film and the scriptures. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and the scriptures and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

You prove to be a false judge. You are promoting an image, and an image which goes against the scriptures in that it is absent of any form disfigured.

You put down and mock the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, and call it a "warm fuzzy feeling".

God lives in our heart by the Holy Spirit.

God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH JESUS. See Titus 3:6. whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,

God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. See Romans 5:5.

GOD's LOVE HAS BEEN POURED OUT INTO OUR HEARTS.

Do you really want to mock the Holy Spirit and call it a "warm fuzzy feeling"?

God's Truth

Exodus 20: 4 “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Do you really think no one would bow to an image of Jesus?

Isaiah 44:9 All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame.

1 John 5:21 Dear children, keep yourself from idols.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.

WatchmanOnTheWall

You don't know all those men's motivation, and you do not have any right to say I am ignorant of the scriptures.
Your demand for an image brought on this fight.

That shroud has made a lot of money for those men.
Pure speculation, where is your evidence. Oh yeah that's right you don't need evidence, just your feelings.
Those are excellent points but to my defense, the no bone broken was my concentration of the legs of Jesus when he was crucified.
That's shows your ability to not only ignore scripture but twist it when it doesn't fit your feelings.
However, you deliberately didn't touch the scripture about his FORM being marred.

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
Not at all

This you cannot get around.

His FORM was marred more than the sons of men; YET, YOUR picture on the SHROUD does NOT show ANY such thing.

mar
mär/Submit
verb
past tense: marred; past participle: marred
impair the appearance of; disfigure.
If you had of watched the video it shows just how incredibly marred the image shows Jesus was but again you don't need evidence because you have your imagination.
You prove to be a false judge. You are promoting an image, and an image which goes against the scriptures in that it is absent of any form disfigured.
Only in your imagination.
You put down and mock the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, and call it a "warm fuzzy feeling".
False accusations are the devils work. Are you aware you are doing Satan's work. No, as far as I can see.
God lives in our heart by the Holy Spirit.

God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH JESUS. See Titus 3:6. whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,

God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. See Romans 5:5.

GOD's LOVE HAS BEEN POURED OUT INTO OUR HEARTS.

Do you really want to mock the Holy Spirit and call it a "warm fuzzy feeling"?
Nothing there to do with the OP or what Jesus looked like. You are easily distracted like a child and just as ignorant. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film which you have and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Exodus 20: 4 “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
Again you show you ignorance of scripture. The image on the shroud was made by God not man. He is sovereign and can do what He wants.
Do you really think no one would bow to an image of Jesus?
It's not there to be worshipped. It is a witness.
Isaiah 44:9 All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame.

1 John 5:21 Dear children, keep yourself from idols.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.

Yep you are ignorant of scripture.

popsthebuilder

Again you show you ignorance of scripture. The image on the shroud was made by God not man. He is sovereign and can do what He wants. It's not there to be worshipped. It is a witness.

Yep you are ignorant of scripture.
A shroud is not a witness.

And the computer generated image is of man.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

WatchmanOnTheWall

A shroud is not a witness.
It's the most important religious artefact in the world (save perhaps the Ark of the Covenant), the shroud depicts an image of a crucified man that is only on the very top one or two microfibers and which has been scientifically proven to have been created by a burst of plasma energy, thus proving it was supernaturally made. The clothe has been dated by three separate scientific techniques that places it as being made within a 100 year period of Christ's life.
And the computer generated image is of man.
Yes the man Jesus who was also God.

popsthebuilder

It's the most important religious artefact in the (save perhaps the Ark of the Covenant), the shroud depicts an image of a crucified man that is only on the very top one or two microfibers and which has been scientifically proven to have been created by a burst of plasma energy, thus proving it was supernaturally made. The clothe has been dated by three separate scientific techniques that places it as being made within a 100 year period of Christ's life. Yes the man Jesus who was also God.

artefact

world

man

I hope you can spot my issue with your words.

peace

WatchmanOnTheWall

The shroud is an artefact:
noun
an object made by a human being, typically one of cultural or historical interest.
"gold and silver artefacts"

Fact.
Yes that's right it exists in the world where we also are. Fact.
Yes the image was made by God. Fact.
Yes Jesus was fully man as well as being fully God. Fact.
I hope you can spot my issue with your words.
peace
Then the issue is you.

peace

popsthebuilder

The shroud is an artefact:
noun
an object made by a human being, typically one of cultural or historical interest.
"gold and silver artefacts"

Fact.
Yes that's right it exists in the world where we also are. Fact. Yes the image was made by God. Fact. Yes Jesus was fully man as well as being fully God. Fact.Then the issue is you.

peace
Yes; we live in this world; and are shown to regard the things there of as of GOD as all creation surely is, but we are also shown to worship no likeness of beast or man, or an artifact of the hands of man.

As someone else noted; we are to believe in Spirit and in Truth which is the actual Christ and not simply a generated image from the mechanisms devised by the hands of man. But that revering such an image is wholly spoken against throughout all scripture.