Was Jesus a man of color .

Bee1

Nat Geo did a special on Jesus and this is what they came up with.....anybody has a problem this image?
4ada1be31324d331d3ea37d5c125c3cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Bee1

Nat Geo did a special on Jesus and this is what they came up with.....anybody has a problem this image?

From the first time Christian children settle into Sunday school classrooms, an image of Jesus Christ is etched into their minds. In North America he is most often depicted as being taller than his disciples, lean, with long, flowing, light brown hair, fair skin and light-colored eyes. Familiar though this image may be, it is inherently flawed. A person with these features and physical bearing would have looked very different from everyone else in the region where Jesus lived and ministered. Surely the authors of the Bible would have mentioned so stark a contrast.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was a Jew. I don't think Jews are like African Americans.

It is so far stretched imagination.

God's Truth

I have a problem with it because no one knows what Jesus looks like. God must have wanted it that way.

God's Truth

Or, they didn't come up with flash photography.

They had artists back then who drew pictures and also made statues.

If God wanted us to know what Jesus looked like it would have been made known.

As for the pictures and actors of an attractive Jesus---that is nowhere near the truth.

drbrumley

They had artists back then who drew pictures and also made statues.

If God wanted us to know what Jesus looked like it would have been made known.

As for the pictures and actors of an attractive Jesus---that is nowhere near the truth.

Oh I don't know....ever seen a drawn picture or statue of the chief priests...I think not.

Bee1

Does Benjamin Netanyahu look middle eastern?
Middle Eastern...classical large hook nose , bearded , black hair , black eyes , average build and height , ranging in color from tan to almost black . Clean freaks , strong devotion to self held beliefs and family . Jesus could be describe as such .

God's Truth

Middle Eastern...classical large hook nose , bearded , black hair , black eyes , average build and height , ranging in color from tan to almost black . Clean freaks , strong devotion to self held beliefs and family . Jesus could be describe as such .

It sounds like you want to make Jesus possibly as dark as possible. I get it that you might be of darker skin color and that is why you are pushing this so hard; or someone you love might be of darker skin color, such as grandchildren. Whatever the case, we know that Jesus wasn't almost black, as you are saying. Don't be so desperate about this.

Bee1

It sounds like you want to make Jesus possibly as dark as possible. I get it that you might be of darker skin color and that is why you are pushing this so hard; or someone you love might be of darker skin color, such as grandchildren. Whatever the case, we know that Jesus wasn't almost black, as you are saying. Don't be so desperate about this.
I am not pushing for Jesus to be black , everyone know that was not Black ! All I saying was Jesus was not White.