ECT The Rebellion that Desolates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

70ad- Jerusalem is surrounded, and destroyed.
2nd coming- Jerusalem is surrounded, and defended by the LORD.

This, also, necessitates two separate events.

Compare every word and phrase in those three chapters- key things are the same in each.

Til you do that, there is no point in this with you. And you never appear to do that whenever I post some difference to you.

Not mad at you, mind you.

Likewise, steko, as I tend to hold your approach and its resulting views in a higher regard than just about any one else's on here (lol, ya might keep that in mind whenever I disagree with you on some minor distinction).
Rom. 5:8.

SaulToPaul 2

Compare every word and phrase in those three chapters- key things are the same in each.

Til you do that, there is no point in this with you. And you never appear to do that whenever I post some difference to you.

Not mad at you, mind you.

Likewise, steko, as I tend to hold your approach and its resulting views in a higher regard than just about any one else's on here (lol, ya might keep that in mind whenever I disagree with you on some minor distinction).

There are similarities in each event, hence the preterist confusion. They just ignore the differences.

Danoh

Furthermore, just because something was a mystery, does not mean that we cannot look back now and realize that God knew what he was doing, what would happen, and see how he made provisions for us today in this dispensation.

Not even what I am talking about - as we don't see eye to eye on the Mystery either.

Prophecy unfolds; plays out as it was meant to.

Only God knows He will be interrupting it.

The Lord does not lay things out with that in mind. Because it is not a part of Prophecy.

The issue is Israel's EXPECTED repentance.

And the issue is that their rebellion INSTEAD will result in what was prophesied by Daniel.

The Lord had expected that.

He spoke from within that.

There is no gap within all that He describes.

Because He is not talking Mystery, nor in light of it - He is following the timeline He gave Daniel thru the Angel Gabriel.

Again, there are key words, phrases, and instructions in those three chapters that all have the same event in mind.

The Mystery interrupted the events said "this generation" would have lived through.

Rom.5:8

SaulToPaul 2

The Mystery interrupted the events said "this generation" would have lived through.

Rom.5:8

Nope. This dispensation, planned before the foundation of the world, began just as it was supposed to....between the 69th and 70th week.

Danoh

And the Mystery is not some provision for us in light of Israel's failure.

That is your Eph. 2 error.

The Mystery is a totally separate plan and purpose that God had planned to unfold during, not because of, Israel's fall.

STP, you are preaching "replacement."

SaulToPaul 2

And the Mystery is not some provision for us in light of Israel's failure.

That is your Eph. 2 error.

The Mystery is a totally separate plan and purpose that God had planned to unfold during, not because of, Israel's fall.

STP, you are preaching "replacement."

Nah.

Danoh

Nope. This dispensation, planned before the foundation of the world, began just as it was supposed to....between the 69th and 70th week.

Who is saying otherwise?

:chuckle:

My point is that the Lord is speaking from within and in light of Daniel's Timeline.

Which does not...foresee...the Mystery.

"The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of heaven is at hand..."

SaulToPaul 2

Also, there is no general "the mystery". There are several mysteries that Paul unfolded for us in the dispensation of the gospel.

Danoh

Also, there is no general "the mystery". There are several mysteries that Paul unfolded for us in the dispensation of the gospel.

Nonsense.

As with The Law and The Prophets, The Mystery is The Mystery.

You are confusing the fact that it is comprised of various elements, just as The Law and The Prophets IS.

Just as THE Cross is comprised of various aspects but is THE Cross.

Basic Grammar, bro.

Anyway, those three chapters describe one event The Mystery (Paul's phrasing) interrupted.

SaulToPaul 2

Nonsense.

As with The Law and The Prophets, The Mystery is The Mystery.

You are confusing the fact that it is comprised of various elements, just as The Law and The Prophets IS.

Just as THE Cross is comprised of various aspects but is THE Cross.

Basic Grammar, bro.

Anyway, those three chapters describe one event The Mystery (Paul's phrasing) interrupted.

Show me "the mystery" that isn't a specific mystery.

Danoh

Check and double check every single word and phrase...and then again...and again...

Have you done that with those three chapters?

Obviously not.

Obviously not with every word, phrase, instruction, etc.

In each, He was addressing THEM THEN.

Rom. 5:8

SaulToPaul 2

Check and double check every single word and phrase...and then again...and again...

Have you done that with those three chapters?

Obviously not.

Obviously not with every word, phrase, instruction, etc.

In each, He was addressing THEM THEN.

Is there anything YOU could be off in?

Danoh

Show me "the mystery" that isn't a specific mystery.

Lol - what are you babbling about, bro.

There is THE Mystery, and there are various ELEMENTS of it.

Just as there is THE Law, and then there are various ELEMENTS of it brought out, further expanded on by THE Prophets.

Besides, The Mystery is not the discussion.

That is a different discussion.

Yours is sort of like when one attempts to point out a principle to someone thru an example, and they conclude the example is what is actually being talked about :chuckle:

The subject is that those three chapters in the gospels (Matt. 10 and 24; and Luke 21) are all one event The Mystery's interruption of the further unfolding of said event, turned it into two.

SaulToPaul 2

Lol - what are you babbling about, bro.

There is THE Mystery, and there are various ELEMENTS of it.

Just as there is THE Law, and then there are various ELEMENTS of it brought out, further expanded on by THE Prophets.

Besides, The Mystery is not the discussion.

That is a different discussion.

Yours is sort of like when one attempts to point out a principle to someone thru an example, and they conclude the example is what is actually being talked about :chuckle:

The subject is that those three chapters in the gospels (Matt. 10 and 24; and Luke 21) are all one event The Mystery's interruption of the further unfolding of said event, turned it into two.

I see THE LAW, I see THE PROPHETS, in scripture. Show me THE MYSTERY which isn't referring to a specific mystery.

Danoh

Then the LORD lied to THEM THEN, as much of it is about our future.

I can see how someone might conclude that; but no.

What goes on and is said within say, a basketball game's clock, applies within said timeline.

What happens when a "time out" is called?

Time to go and get some more popcorn during said time out.

Well, how is that possibble?

Because outside of that game...time continues...

And what happens when said "time out" ends?

Things go back to where their events had been headed when the "time out" was called.

This is this same kind of dynamic.

He was not lying.

Again, you have ended up attempting to solve for a thing in the way the Preterist did.

Status
Not open for further replies.