Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlunae

That's what the Swamp does when it's being drained

Flake almost always votes with Trump's agenda and the rest of the GOP. What Trump doesn't like about him is the fact that he exhibits some amount of independence. Because the GOP under Trump is a fascist party, i.e., you don't go against Il Duce, ever. And that's what draining the swamp really means. It is the counterpart to his attacks on the free press. It seeks to remove opposition to the leader and consolidate power.

Perhaps we should name Trump Augustus Obesus.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Flake almost always votes with Trump's agenda and the rest of the GOP. What Trump doesn't like about him is the fact that he exhibits some amount of independence. Because the GOP under Trump is a fascist party, i.e., you don't go against Il Duce, ever. And that's what draining the swamp really means. It is the counterpart to his attacks on the free press. It seeks to remove opposition to the leader and consolidate power.

Perhaps we should name Trump Augustus Obesus.
Your paranoia is astounding, beyond the pale.

rexlunae

Your paranoia is astounding, beyond the pale.

Trump is different. He's not like other Presidents. He doesn't follow or believe in the norms of democracy. And one of the things about representative democracy is that it depends on the voters electing people who conform themselves to those norms. The election of Trump literally threatens everything we have known as the political norms of this country.

It's not paranoia if it's true. We aren't special. Our democracy will fall for the same reasons as all others, if we don't stop it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Trump is different. He's not like other Presidents. He doesn't follow or believe in the norms of democracy. And one of the things about representative democracy is that it depends on the voters electing people who conform themselves to those norms. The election of Trump literally threatens everything we have known as the political norms of this country.

It's not paranoia if it's true. We aren't special. Our democracy will fall for the same reasons as all others, if we don't stop it.

BOMBSHELL
and not about Mark Cuban

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
171110_image.jpg

rexlunae

Oh yeah, Mueller found that Manafort is connected to the dems and Clinton.

Barely. The nature of the connection isn't clear, but it seems minor with what's come out so far. He was Trump's campaign manager.

Tell me, does this newfound connection to the Clintons make you more inclined to give credence to the calls for his indictment?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
pope-trump-cartoon-pat-bagley.jpg

I try to lead a life where I don't have to ask God for forgiveness ...
Why do I have to repent?
Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you're not making mistakes?
- Donald Trump (CNN 7/22/2016)

1 John 1:10 - If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Just how can conservative Christians continue to support Donald Trump, given that his statements contradict everything that a Christian believes!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Barely. The nature of the connection isn't clear, but it seems minor with what's come out so far. He was Trump's campaign manager.

Tell me, does this newfound connection to the Clintons make you more inclined to give credence to the calls for his indictment?
No, it proves that the dems were complicit the whole tome, going back almost 10 years.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
There are not enough days left of this earth for me to change my mind Facts matter (or at least they use to) ... which is why Trump keeps peddling "alternate facts and news" ... aka lies.

I will never support Trump because I disagree with too many of his policies but my opinion of him could improve if he would start showing a hint of character, civility, and competency. I'm not holding my breath though.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Manafort is being charged with conspiracy against the United States.

Gee, that sounds awfully familiar.
Golly gee whiz, those charges are from years ago and have nothing to do with the 2016 election or the campaign. What sounds familiar is the huge nothing burger Mueller is eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.