What is the Gospel?

glorydaz

Please would you clarify regarding the Gospel Peter preached to the circumcised - are you saying such a Gospel is still reserved for them and them only?

You really don't want me to clarify anything, do you?

What is it you seek here Mr. Wolf?

glorydaz

I believe he is making an effort to show Christ's love to the the guy. Personally I would soften my approach. This applies at all interacting with him. There has just been too much nastiness.

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Yeah, I don't like being referred to as "rancid". Makes me think of nasty things like dead meat, etc. :vomit:

glorydaz

Context: judaizers followed Paul waiting for him to leave and then falsely proclaimed circumcision in order to follow Jesus. Calvin did not preach another gospel in this context because Calvin did not add works to the cross whether circumcision or anything else.

:e4e:

Indeed. Which is why this AMR bashing over the preaching of the Gospel is so ludicrous.

That is what needs to be addressed in this thread.

The sowing of discord over the Gospel of Grace. How "Graceless" can one be?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, I don't like being referred to as "rancid". Makes me think of nasty things like dead meat, etc. :vomit:

Sonnet is 100% honest as to his purpose here.

I called your statement rancid... not you.

AMR is trying to “instruct” Sonnet... when Sonnet needs Love and sincere discussion... not reformed lies.

Sonnet is seeking Christ. You need to chill out.

[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ... please temporarily ban me... for 1 month... so Glorydaz defamation of my time here is simply to all but me. Sonnet is sincere and He is open to Jesus. This thread is well worth the dust it’s kicking up.

Thank you for looking out for a budding believer with enormous doubts.

1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

If people must “instruct”... 2 Tim. 2:25

All my best...

And [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] ... your witness is good... but your theology stinks.

glorydaz

Sonnet is 100% honest as to his purpose here.

And you know this because you are......God? You can see into the heart of men?

I called your statement rancid... not you.

Your words are fine, but mine are rancid because you .....say so? :popcorn:

AMR is trying to “instruct” Sonnet... when Sonnet needs Love and sincere discussion... not reformed lies.

Oh, so you are the Great Protector, having decided to keep out certain kinds of instruction, and allowing in only love, and what you deem to be "sincere discussion"?

My goodness you do think highly of yourself. :chew:

Sonnet is seeking Christ. You need to chill out.

I need to chill out because the great and almighty Evil one says I must?

What kind of a kook are you, anyway? :shocked:

[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ... please temporarily ban me... for 1 month... so Glorydaz defamation of my time here is simply to all but me. Sonnet is sincere and He is open the Jesus. This thread is well worth the dust it’s kicking up.

Put on your big boy pants (if you own any) and stay away for 1 month...THROUGH SHEER WILL POWER. Can't you control your own impulses? Do you need someone to take away your privileges because you are so immature you can't do it alone?

Thank you for looking out for a budding believer with enormous doubts.

Once again....the God complex comes to the fore. :nono:

And [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] ... your witness is good... but your theology stinks.

A "parting" dig? Somehow I doubt his "parting". Playing the victim is too much fun. :sigh:

Truth be told. Evil hopes to get me banned so he can have free reign. Hence the perpetual whine and moaning of "poor me". Poor Evil Eye. He has been so mistreated by the rancid and nuclear glorydaz. Will no one take pity on the poor boy?

I'll wait for the axe to fall. I won't pretend to be offering my neck to the executioner. :drum:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Indeed. Which is why this AMR bashing over the preaching of the Gospel is so ludicrous.

It’s why he can’t defend himself against Sonnet’s line of arguing. He can’t acknowledge the differentiation of Israel from the church, a bane in Christian doctrine since the 3rd century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

But amr is not preaching another gospel at all which is why Sonnet cannot refute his line of reasoning either.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Why this ij?

Evil Eye needs to lighten up. If GD or AMR get testy with you it’s a sign of them coming to the end of their doctrinal proofs. Instead of bowing out they turn hostile. But that doesn’t mean they are not lovingly interested in your person. Evil Eyes has come to his end too and rather than hostility towards you he aims for them, I’m just giving him a target on me for comedic relief.

Jerry Shugart

The gospel of the grace of God is found here:

"But now apart from law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus...redeemed with the precious blood of Christ"
(Ro.3:21-24; 1 Pet.1:19).​

glorydaz

Evil Eye needs to lighten up. If GD or AMR get testy with you it’s a sign of them coming to the end of their doctrinal proofs. Instead of bowing out they turn hostile. But that doesn’t mean they are not lovingly interested in your person. Evil Eyes has come to his end too and rather than hostility towards you he aims for them, I’m just giving him a target on me for comedic relief.

Nice try at being the "wise one". :chuckle:

This has nothing to do with doctrinal proofs, and you know it.

Which is why you made the comment you did about kissing Sonnet's rear end.

You said what you did because you were sick of seeing what Evil was doing.

Try to stick to the problem at hand instead of inserting your unwise words of wisdom concerning whether we have reached "the end" of our doctrines. Stupid at best...prideful at worst.

glorydaz

It’s why he can’t defend himself against Sonnet’s line of arguing. He can’t acknowledge the differentiation of Israel from the church, a bane in Christian doctrine since the 3rd century.

Those who are saved by the Gospel of Grace don't need to understand a thing about how Israel differs from the church.

Epoisses

"But now apart from law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus...redeemed with the precious blood of Christ"

You just blew a bunch of holes into your own separation doctrine. No shootin' on Sundays or after leavin' the saloon.

glorydaz

Quite simple. :thumb:

But nothing there about being born with a sin nature?
Or about how God hated Esau? Or original sin? :think:

I know, how about the disagreements concerning whether righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ, or faith in Jesus, or the faith of Jesus Christ? If we waited until we all agreed on this one, before preaching the Gospel, the Gospel would never be preached.

Preaching the Gospel is NOT the time for arguing doctrine or squabbling over words. When man begins to add his own understandings of various doctrines, then the Gospel gets hidden and cannot do it's work. It's power is robbed by the men who preach it. That is the shame all believers should stand against.

This is exactly why this thread has become a bone of contention, and has become an attack on various doctrines outside the basic Gospel of Grace. The Gospel should never be used as a weapon to sow discord, as has happened in this thread.

Jerry Shugart

I know, how about the disagreements concerning whether righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ, or faith in Jesus, or the faith of Jesus Christ? If we waited until we all agreed on this one, before preaching the Gospel, the Gospel would never be preached.

"Faithfulness" can be the only correct translation because in the same verse we see the "righteousness of God" going to those who believe. Therefore, the righteousness of God believers receive is a result of their own faith and not the faith of Jesus Christ.

glorydaz

"Faithfulness" can be the only correct translation because in the same verse we see the "righteousness of God" going to those who believe. Therefore, the righteousness of God believers receive is a result of their own faith and not the faith of Jesus Christ.

And with that, I rest my case. Shall we stop preaching the Gospel until we all agree on the MEANING of a word? {Jesus was faithful, but He had faith of His own.)

Romans 3:21-24KJV
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:​

We run into the same problem when we look at the text...."saved by grace through faith" - Eph. 2:8KJV. Same with the verse that speaks of "from faith to faith" - Romans 1:17KJV.

So, can the Gospel be preached without the preacher doing his own interpretations?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Those who are saved by the Gospel of Grace don't need to understand a thing about how Israel differs from the church.

True but if they reject the truth then they are building with wood hay and Jerry stubble

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

“The righteousness of God that believers receive “