User Tag List

Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 347481828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1321

Thread: Preaching the Gospel !

  1. #1246
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,594
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 1,669 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52164
    The Gospel as the power of God reveals to those believing, the righteousness of God, observe Rom 1:16-17

    16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.


    17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

    Now exactly what righteousness of God is Paul talking about ?

    Its that righteousness of God that has been imputed to everyone Christ had their sins imputed to Him, so was made a sin offering for, in order that they would be made the righteousness of God in Him 2 Cor 5:21

    21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.


    See everyone Christ was made sin for [meaning He died for their sins] its automatic to the purpose of God, they are made the righteousness of God in Christ. And unto all that its true of, the Gospel of Christ, exclusively reveals unto them that righteousness of God that is theirs by a free gift of imputation, since Christ was made sin for them !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  2. #1247
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,594
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 1,669 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52164
    Now those Christ died for are those God will not impute sin unto 2 Cor 5:19, because their sins have already been charged to Christ 2 Cor 5:21, for thats legally the only way it can be true that He died for their sins.. Now the non imputation of their sins is also the imputation of Christ's righteousness Rom 4:6-8

    6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,


    7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.


    8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.


    This solidifies the blessed truth that those whom God will not impute sin unto [because it been imputed to Christ instead] also have righteousness imputed to them without works, which is their Legal Justification before God !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  3. #1248
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,116
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 774 Times in 678 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    179632
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Rom 1 :16

    16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

    I am going to get straight to the point, and that is, there is simply no gospel being preached without preaching the doctrine of election [election of grace], and the fact that the Gospel begins in God [Rom 1:1] as the Gospel of God, As it proceeds from the Eternal Counsels of God as its root and foundation, for this evident from pauls writings here 2 Tim 1:8-11


    8Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

    9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

    10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

    11Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

    Also Titus 1:1-2


    1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

    2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 3But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

    This Gospel of God elucidates How that God in Eternity Past, chooses a Special Beloved People, to Be His Portion, His Inheritance, to whom He prized and Valued above all others..

    Deut 32:9

    9For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

    Deut 7:6

    6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

    Paul writes on the Saints being Gods Inheritance..Eph 1:18

    The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, [not the children of the devil]

    God having chosen them and gave them to the Son of His Love for their personal safe keeping and preservation..Jn 17:2

    2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. [the disciples, save judas, represented all them given to Jesus christ]

    Now God the Father, decreeing to make manifest this Great Love, He has for His Son, and His chosen in Him and with Him, decree their awful fall in Adam, of which He covenanted with His Son for their redcovery, and redemption, through His blood [ Eph 1:7]..

    And in line with this purpose, God also decreed for some of mankind to come into this world, also having a terrible fall in their Father the devil, but in order to Show His High Sovereignty in dispensing His salvation blessings, God purposed not to have mercy on that portion of mankind, Hence, distinctly making Manifest His Special Love for His chosen Inheritance..

    Micah 7:18

    Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage [inheritance]? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

    This must be preached in the Gospel of Christ, cannot be ashamed of..
    The term gospel is neither a translated nor transliterated word. It is in fact heterological and fails to define itself. With no definition there would be no power. Evangelism on the other hand is autological and is the power to save unto all who trust.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  4. #1249
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 720 Times in 692 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Now those Christ died for are those God will not impute sin unto 2 Cor 5:19, because their sins have already been charged to Christ 2 Cor 5:21, for thats legally the only way it can be true that He died for their sins.. Now the non imputation of their sins is also the imputation of Christ's righteousness Rom 4:6-8

    6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,


    7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.


    8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.


    This solidifies the blessed truth that those whom God will not impute sin unto [because it been imputed to Christ instead] also have righteousness imputed to them without works, which is their Legal Justification before God !

    Amen to both parts #1246 and #1247.

    The Gospel, as the Power of God and the Righteousness of God Rom. 1:16-17, must be revealed to God Given Faith, a fruit of the Spirit in New Birth Gal. 5:22; that is, those already being in an experimentally saved state before their Righteousness in Christ by non-imputation of sin Rom. 4:6-8; 2 Cor. 5:21 is revealed to them; their Legally Justified status before God.

    Now those who do the work of believing the Gospel while in a carnal / in the flesh state, it's a fruitless act with regard to salvation, and cannot please God Rom. 8:8.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (May 20th, 2018)

  6. #1250
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,594
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 1,669 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52164
    According to 2 Thess 2:13-14

    13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
    14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    Who did call by the Apostles Gospel and to what end ?
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  7. #1251
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 720 Times in 692 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    According to 2 Thess 2:13-14

    13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
    14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    Who did call by the Apostles Gospel and to what end ?

    God the Father calls all His Beloved He has Chosen in Christ Jesus Eph. 1:3-4 by the Apostles Gospel, unto Faith / Belief of the Truth by the Sanctifying Work of God the Holy Spirit in New Birth, which work is ongoing and progressive in each one of them until the day of Jesus Christ:

    Phil. 1:6

    Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  8. #1252
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,594
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 1,669 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52164
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    God the Father calls all His Beloved He has Chosen in Christ Jesus Eph. 1:3-4 by the Apostles Gospel, unto Faith / Belief of the Truth by the Sanctifying Work of God the Holy Spirit in New Birth, which work is ongoing and progressive in each one of them until the day of Jesus Christ:

    Phil. 1:6

    Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
    Excellent speech my Sister.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  9. #1253
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 720 Times in 692 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Excellent speech my Sister.

    TY my Brother !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  10. #1254
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,594
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 1,669 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52164
    nanja

    The Gospel, as the Power of God and the Righteousness of God Rom. 1:16-17, must be revealed to God Given Faith, a fruit of the Spirit in New Birth Gal. 5:22; that is, those already being in an experimentally saved state before their Righteousness in Christ by non-imputation of sin Rom. 4:6-8; 2 Cor. 5:21 is revealed to them; their Legally Justified status before God.
    Absolutely, that Legal Righteousness/Justification the elect have before God based solely upon Christ's Merits, it must be revealed to the elect one, in order for the promise to come to pass, " The Just shall live by Faith "
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (May 23rd, 2018)

  12. #1255
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,116
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 774 Times in 678 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    179632
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    nanja



    Absolutely, that Legal Righteousness/Justification the elect have before God based solely upon Christ's Merits, it must be revealed to the elect one, in order for the promise to come to pass, " The Just shall live by Faith "
    The word "shall" was not in the original languages as a future tense. It was added by the translators to suit their creeds.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  13. #1256
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 720 Times in 692 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    nanja



    Absolutely, that Legal Righteousness/Justification the elect have before God based solely upon Christ's Merits, it must be revealed to the elect one, in order for the promise to come to pass, " The Just shall live by Faith "


    Yes, God's Elect were predestinated to live by Faith !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  14. #1257
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,594
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 1,669 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52164
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Yes, God's Elect were predestinated to live by Faith !
    Yes. Also Eph 1:5 indicates that.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  15. #1258
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 720 Times in 692 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Yes. Also Eph 1:5 indicates that.
    So right !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (May 25th, 2018)

  17. #1259
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,594
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 1,669 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52164
    Who hears the Gospel of their Salvation ? Eph 1:12-13

    12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.


    13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

    Those who hear the word of truth so that it births Faith, they have been blessed with ears to hear as when Jesus says to some Matt 13:15-16


    15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.


    16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

    Naturally men cant hear spiritual truth , nor comprehend it. The word heard in Eph 1:13 is the greek word akouó:

    I hear, listen,comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported.

    The hearing here of Eph 1:13 was coupled with a comprehending spiritually what was being heard, the word of Truth, the Gospel.

    To comprehend means to:



    • to understand the nature or meaning of; grasp with the mind; perceive: He did not Now this type hearing with understanding spiritually is impossible for the natural man [the natural man without the Spirit of God] 1 Cor 2:14

    14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

    Thats word know is another way of saying he cant comprehend, or understand them

    So consequently the ones hearing the word of Truth, the Gospel of their Salvation, they cant be natural men !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  18. #1260
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 720 Times in 692 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Who hears the Gospel of their Salvation ? Eph 1:12-13

    12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.


    13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

    Those who hear the word of truth so that it births Faith, they have been blessed with ears to hear as when Jesus says to some Matt 13:15-16


    15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.


    16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

    Naturally men cant hear spiritual truth , nor comprehend it. The word heard in Eph 1:13 is the greek word akouó:

    I hear, listen,comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported.

    The hearing here of Eph 1:13 was coupled with a comprehending spiritually what was being heard, the word of Truth, the Gospel.

    To comprehend means to:



    • to understand the nature or meaning of; grasp with the mind; perceive: He did not Now this type hearing with understanding spiritually is impossible for the natural man [the natural man without the Spirit of God] 1 Cor 2:14

    14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

    Thats word know is another way of saying he cant comprehend, or understand them

    So consequently the ones hearing the word of Truth, the Gospel of their Salvation, they cant be natural men !

    Absolutely ! One must be in a Saved state already, Born of the Spirit of God experimentally, to be Spiritually enabled to Hear / comprehend God's Words, the Gospel Eph. 1:13 which is Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13; John 8:43, 47; proof that they are Christ's Sheep He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15-16; Is. 53:6.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (May 27th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us