The Sock Deception

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He is a good man, father of eight children, friend of Knight. He also, sometimes, has little patience for those who do not understand theology.

Agreed ... though with Sozo, he would not qualify, IMO, insofar as the topic of this thread. His usernames were never created for deception. When I would say "welcome back, Sozo", he would cordially reply rather than deny.

Danoh

Yes, he elevated the art of smack to new levels. I think his bans were primarily related to explicit disrespect of the staff, even Knight directly, and castigating them (or the site in general) for permitting what he saw as outright heresy. He demonstrated little patience for anyone who disagreed with him as forcefully as he met them in discussions. I know this as I was often on the receiving end of some of his meltdowns.

I do miss his penetrating views, whether I agreed or not. He obviously had spent time sorting out what he holds dear, so while he may have been wrong, he was never in doubt. ;)

Somewhere on the site is a nice JibJab video he and Knight put together one Christmas season throwing snowballs at me. Loved it and have a personal copy of it.

Speaking of bans, I have been banned two or three times, but never thought I should circumvent the ban by re-registering with a new account. It is just too complicated to keep up with other usernames and content. I keep copies most of my more lengthy posts with the accompanying TOL post id links to them on my computer, so tracking all of that for other usernames would be a hassle.

AMR

Out of curiosity, who has been banned the most and who has been banned the least on TOL?

I mean of just people in general, who have been on TOL a long, long time.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity, who has been banned the most and who has been banned the least on TOL?

I mean of just people in general, who have been on TOL a long, long time.

You can find that under the Top Infraction Stats on the homepage.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
< Evil Eye > has no witness left to harm.

So now we see he brings his own evil sign < > and boldly posts it in his thread titles. Until people turn from his evil sign < > of the serpent's eyes, he will continue to spread his poison across this forum. :nono:
He's always searching for an audience or a new audience. He's probably sleeping one off right now.

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just gotta ask. What did you do?

I've been officially spanked once, for explaining to dense sodomites in very simple detail how anatomy works, reproductive vs digestive.

One was for a prematurely written "good-bye" thread.
The other was for some well-deserved indignation (in my opinion of course) when being interrupted while progressively witnessing to another.
The third was for some thread hijacking, if I recall correctly.

Those were in the days when TOL was more a venue for serious debate and discussion...all taking place in 2008. I miss those times.

AMR