Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And now, time for another failed Trump Tweet:

Because nothing says, "I take sexual harassment in the workplace seriously" like using it to launch another fake complaint about fake news.

:plain:

I'd say it was bad enough that the groper-in-chief thought he had high ground to stand on, but it gets worse.

He's been rebuked by Theresa May for retweeting three anti-Muslims tweets from a far right group:

“It is wrong for the President to have done this,” May’s office said in response to the retweeted videos, initially posted by British far-right leader Jayda Fransen of Britain First.

“Britain First seeks to divide communities through their use of hateful narratives which peddle lies and stoke tensions,” May said in a statement. “They cause anxiety to law-abiding people.”

She continued: “British people overwhelmingly reject the prejudiced rhetoric of the far right which is the antithesis of the values that this country represents ― decency, tolerance and respect.”

And now it's being claimed at least one of the videos is fake news.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'd say it was bad enough that the groper-in-chief thought he had high ground to stand on, but it gets worse.

He's been rebuked by Theresa May for retweeting three anti-Muslims tweets from a far right group:

“It is wrong for the President to have done this,” May’s office said in response to the retweeted videos, initially posted by British far-right leader Jayda Fransen of Britain First.

“Britain First seeks to divide communities through their use of hateful narratives which peddle lies and stoke tensions,” May said in a statement. “They cause anxiety to law-abiding people.”

She continued: “British people overwhelmingly reject the prejudiced rhetoric of the far right which is the antithesis of the values that this country represents ― decency, tolerance and respect.”

Maybe that's what Trump meant by Nazis having some good people among them.

Arthur Brain

The stress levels among his senior staff are probably through the roof..."What the hell is he gonna tweet next?!"

:freak:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The new liberal agendas are scary.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/c...r-white-dna-is-an-abomination/article/2641940

“Your DNA is an Abomination.”

The editorial concludes, “Whiteness will be over because we want it to be. And when it dies, there will be millions of cultural zombies aimlessly wandering across a vastly changed landscape. Ontologically speaking, white death will mean liberation for all… Until then, remember this: I hate you because you shouldn’t exist. You are both the dominant apparatus on the planet and the void in which all other cultures, upon meeting you, die.”

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And when you're all through reading some angry college kid in an op/ed piece that doesn't represent much, you could read Charles Murray's tour de farce The Bell Curve, or follow his speaking tour and the likened garbage propped up by the Koch and DeVoss machinery.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah. I said something similar in the MeToo thread. Garrison Keillor is the latest that I know of, also announced today.
I haven't even heard the accusation against him yet, just that he has been accused.
Unless they've revealed something in the last couple of hours.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Another Native American leader speaks out. Eloquently.

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe leader Harold Frazier:

I am deeply ashamed of the way the President of the United States has treated the veterans during an honoring ceremony at the White House. Veterans are brave heroes who sacrificed everything, despite the historical trauma to tribal nations, when asked to defend the United States. Absolutely nothing should have taken away from honoring the veterans for their contributions to the war that ensured the American way of life.

The President of the United States had an opportunity to honor veterans and bridge gaps in the relationship Tribes have with the Federal government. Instead, he chose to disgrace himself, his position and the nation he represents. It has been more than 200 years of living together yet the President of the United States knows nothing about us. We have been forced to learn the way of the American life. We have learned American religions, language, economy, politics and society. We all share in following the American dream of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. A dream that all of those things we learn about, try to keep us from achieving. The President’s comments are another reminder that we are not allowed to participate.

Pocahontas was only a child when she became a victim of rape, kidnapping, imprisonment, and her forced conversion to Christianity. What happened to Pocahontas is still happening today to our women. Native American women continue to be victims of rape and exploitation by white men. The President of the United States is practicing that by exploiting native women as an insult for political machismo. Pocahontas is beloved by native people and is recognized as a victim of European colonialism. To use her name in that manner is disgusting and reflective of the President of the United States’ ignorance.

This President of the United States does not deserve to represent the American people if he cannot acknowledge the contributions of the people who make America great. The President of the United States has shown no responsibility when caring for American resources or the people. An apology is in order for the warriors that were present, to the native nations and the United States for his behavior. The President of the United States wanted to utilize an opportunity to honor native warriors who defended this land to make a political attack. I have one for him, leave the office you bought and take your swamp things with you.​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...rican-hertiage-to-get-harvard-job-varney.html

Let’s not forget that the original insult to Native Americans came from Elizabeth Warren herself. Applying for a job as a Harvard professor, she claimed to be a Native American. Harvard eagerly accepted her claim— they could tick off two boxes to show diversity: female and minority.
It's not an insult to desire to be seen as a part of a group. It may be dishonest, if there is no legitimacy to the claim and that is known to the person making a claim.

Elizabeth Warren says that she has Native American ancestry and that stories of this were passed down, generationally, through her family. One genealogist traced her claim to the late 19th century, which would make Warren 1/32 Native American. Some have taken exception to that finding.

Said Warren, "As a kid, I never asked my mom for documentation when she talked about our Native American heritage. What kid would? But I knew my father's family didn't like that she was part Cherokee and part Delaware, so my parents had to elope."

Now what is insulting is the President calling Warren Pocahontas as a part of his ongoing, childish efforts to demean her. It's worse to do it in front of Native Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.