Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

clefty

The law is not for the righteous man, but for sinners and the ungodly.

If the law is abolished there is no distinction between a righteous man and a sinner...

So if true, then for about 2018 years now its anything goes as long as you claim you are Spirit filled...

Ask the gay christians who claim as you do...

Robert Pate

Banned
If the law is abolished there is no distinction between a righteous man and a sinner...

So if true, then for about 2018 years now its anything goes as long as you claim you are Spirit filled...

Ask the gay christians who claim as you do...

The scripture says that the law is for the lawless and ungodly, not for Christians.

Christians are led by the Holy Spirit and live by faith.

Homosexuals are the lawless and the ungodly.

clefty

The law is not for the righteous man,
you claim the law is abolished so there is no way to determine who is righteous now...just a bunch of lawless people doing what they want claiming they have the Holy Spirit...

but for sinners and the ungodly.
you claim the law is abolished so there is no way to determine who is is sinning now or ungodly...and it doesn’t matter anyway...

See what you did?

Contrary to what He taught:

“Matt 23:1Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples: 2“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So practice and observe everything they tell you.”

Last edited:

clefty

The scripture says that the law is for the lawless and ungodly,
and yet you go on and on and on about it being abolished

not for Christians.
not what scripture says...the consequences for breaking the still binding Law are not for those who repent for breaking His still binding Law...christians are those who want to follow Him His Way...and keep His commandments to abide in His love...and repent when they don’t...because they think not He came to destroy the Law

yes to live and love as He did JUST AS...

you know..since He taught “whatever the Father does the Son also does”John 5:19

But you insist all that justice and order is abolished...

yes especially those who claim to be Christian and that the Law is abolished...just as you claim

john w

Hall of Fame
I'll not argue about what the logical end of Robert's argument is...but at least stick to what he is actually saying. What you're assuming isn't correct, either.
Huh?

POPE Pate, in no uncertain terms, is "arguing" that God's perfect, holy, good, just, spiritual, "not void" law, is not perfect, is not holy, is not good, is not good, is not just, is not spiritual, is void, as it is contrary to us, not the sin debt/IOU, for breaking His perfect, holy, good, just, spiritual, "not void" law,and thus the Lord Jesus Christ's death was in vain, as the "solution" is to destroy/abolish/destroy the law, not blot out the sin debt/IOU.

That is satanic, and no scripture testifies that the Lord Jesus Christ came to destroy the perfect....law of God. NADA.

Knock off defending Pate, and His "corresponding" "The Holy Spirit replaces the law of God" ethical subjectivism/moral relativism, and his assertion that Genesis through Malachi, Matthew-John, up until the DBR, has been ABOLISHED.

Read his on record posts. I/others have.

john w

Hall of Fame
you claim the law is abolished so there is no way to determine who is righteous now...just a bunch of lawless people doing what they want claiming they have the Holy Spirit.

Correct. I've asked him, over, and over, what the believer's objective reference point is, in determining what is right/wrong, ifd the objective, written perfect, holy.....law of God no longer exists? What is the believer's objective source? To what is he/sher pointing? Not the objective, written word of God, containing the laws re. rape, murder, lying, sodomy,lying................, as that was allegedly destroyed/abolished/made void-no longer exists, as he asserts "The Holy Spirit replaces the holy, perfect.... law of God," and there is NADA, outside of the believer, to make that objective determination, and thus, in "Divine Grandiose," must conclude that what the Holy Sprit teaches him, POPE Pate, re. right/wrong, "trumps" what the Holy Spirit tells others re. what is right/wrong, and can say nothing, to one, who counters:

One:"The Holy Spirit replaced the law of God, and I live by faith, not the law!!! You taught me that. The Holy Spirit taught me that suicide bombings, blowing up abortion clinics...................................................is good."

POPE Pate: Well, uh, urr, my Holy Spirit trumps yours. You are wrong!!!!

One: Says who? You, POPE Pate?

you claim the law is abolished so there is no way to determine who is is sinning now or ungodly...and it doesn’t matter anyway...

See what you did?

Contrary to what He taught:

“Matt 23:1Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples: 2“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So practice and observe everything they tell you.”

Correct. W/O an objective authority, outside of oneself, all it is situational subjectivism, moral relativism.....Judges 21:265 KJV..."ye shall be as gods...."(Genesis 3:3 KHV)=satanic

I have challenged POPE Pate on this, over 25 times, and he won't touch it,as his father, the devil has a gag order on him.

john w

Hall of Fame
The scripture says that the law is for the lawless and ungodly, not for Christians.

One to POPE Pate: The Holy Spirit leads me, by faith, and tells me that sodomy, spitting on my neighbor, multiple wives, abortion, smoking pot, are all OK.

Show me where abortion, smoking pot,...............................................................................................is wrong, given that the Holy Spirit replaces any alleged law against these actions.

Go ahead, POPE Pate. Show me/all of TOL.

POPE Pate: You are wrong!!

One: Why? The law has been abolished...replaced by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit teaches me that sodomy, spitting on my neighbor, multiple wives, abortion, smoking pot, are all OK. Who are you to tell me otherwise?

POPE Pate:

Not a peep.

glorydaz

I'm amazed you don't see how ridiculous your logic is. You are telling people to stop following the law,

First of all, he isn't telling people to stop following the law. That isn't his argument.

Huh?

Knock off defending Pate, and His "corresponding" "The Holy Spirit replaces the law of God" ethical subjectivism/moral relativism, and his assertion that Genesis through Malachi, Matthew-John, up until the DBR, has been ABOLISHED.

I'm not defending Pate. I'm saying to keep the facts straight. They speak for themselves without saying things that Pate has not said. His argument is that the Law has been abolished....which is wrong. That is where the focus should be.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Living by laws, rules and religion is not living by faith.

A good son does not need to be told what to do, but the lawless and disobedient do, 1 Timothy 1:9.

A good son knows what is required of him and lives accordingly. He loves his Father and does not want to disappoint him by sinning against him.

This is known as living by faith and living according to the Holy Spirit.

Robert Pate

Banned
One to POPE Pate: The Holy Spirit leads me, by faith, and tells me that sodomy, spitting on my neighbor, multiple wives, abortion, smoking pot, are all OK.

Show me where abortion, smoking pot,...............................................................................................is wrong, given that the Holy Spirit replaces any alleged law against these actions.

One: Why? The law has been abolished...replaced by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit teaches me that sodomy, spitting on my neighbor, multiple wives, abortion, smoking pot, are all OK. Who are you to tell me otherwise?

POPE Pate:

Not a peep.

You most certainly do need the law, 1 Timothy 1:9.

john w

Hall of Fame
You most certainly do need the law, 1 Timothy 1:9.

As I thought-he will not answer, as I've reduced him to spamming sound bytes.

Tell us, Pate.

Show me where abortion, smoking pot,.............................................. .................................................is wrong, given that the Holy Spirit replaces any alleged law against these actions.

POPE Pate:

Not a peep.

More meltdown into the world of confusion, deceit, diminished capacity,for this wolf. He has been caught, in another lie, contradiction, twisted, demonic "reasoning." To wit-He argues:

The reason Jesus abolished the law is because we cannot keep it. Where is no law there is no transgression....The law was made for sinners,not Christians-1 Timothy 1:9.

Thus, he continues to argue, that the law was abolished for Christians, but not for sinners, quoting 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, dozens of times in recent days, asserting that the law only applies to sinners, not Christians. He asserts that Christians are not under the judgment of the law, because it no longer exists, citing "Where there is no law there is no transgression," i.e., no sin can be charged against Christians, as there is no law, to define the offense, the transgression. That is his on record "logic." And yet, in the "same breath," he asserts, again, on record,ad nauseam......

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128274-What-Does-God-Require-For-Your-Salvation/page3
Post #32

Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. And then he spoke about his struggle with sin in Romans 7;13-25. We never reach the point where we think that we have arrived. We remain needy sinners, always in need of God's mercy and grace.

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, saved sinners, but still sinners. But we have hope. Paul said, "Hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees then why does he hope for it" Romans 8:24. Paul saw himself as a wretched man. He even referred to himself as "carnal sold under sin". But then he had hope that he would be delivered from sin, death and the devil, Romans 8:25.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...nces-of-Unbelief-or-Incorrect-Doctrine/page14

Posts #198, 200, 204......:

Paul is the one that referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Your problem is that you cannot figure out how one can be a sinner and still be saved. This is because you don't know nor do you understand the Gospel. .... Paul is the one that referred to himself as the "Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Paul also said, "That in his flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18. Christians are called to live their lives before God as sinners, 1 John 1:8. No one measures up to God's standards. We all come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.... As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners. We only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit. We are waiting to be delivered from the flesh. See Romans 8:22-27.

Tell us, Pate, with more of your demonic "logic"- how can Christians be called sinners, i.e., be charged with committing sins, by definition, when, as you "argue," there is no law for Christians, only sinners(distinguishing them, the lost, as sinners, from Christians), you quoting 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, when there is allegedly no law, it being abolished,according to you, to define sin for Christians, to define the offense?

Tell us, POPE Pate, how can a Christian be termed a "sinner," which, by definition, is one who commits a sin/transgression, if there is no law for them to be charged with a sin/offense/transgression?Your entire "argument" for the law being abolished for Christians, is, that if there is no law, the Christian cannot be charged with a sin/transgression, you quoting "Where there is no law there is no transgression." So, how is that a Christian, is a "sinner?" A sinner, by definition, commits a sin. What sin?

Pate quoted this, dozens of times, in his "argument:"

1 Timothy 1:9 KJV

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Pate:The law was made for sinners, John W., not Christians. Apparently, you need the law, being a sinner!!!!!!!!!!!

Other/me, to Pate: You said Christians are still considered sinners, Pate. How can that be, since, if there is no law, according to you, by which they can be judged to commit a sin/transgression? .Remember....Your "argument"....Where there is no law there is no transgression, no sin!!!!That is why the law had to be abolished, according to your premise.

Pate: Well, urr, uh,....You need the law....I am led by the Holy Spirit, you see, uh, urr....

Go ahead, Pate. Spin, lie, change biblical words, delete words, re-invent the meaning of words, to get yourself out of this ditch you are in.

Go ahead, Pate.

Watch the spam, 1 line sound bytes with which he replies. Watch...

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

You read scripture but you don't believe it.

"But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" (the law) Galatians 3:25.
Do all the rules you have learned in school get abolished when you leave school?
Did the rules for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division get abolished?
Did the rules for spelling and grammar get abolished?

Robert Pate

Banned
Do all the rules you have learned in school get abolished when you leave school?
Did the rules for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division get abolished?
Did the rules for spelling and grammar get abolished?

That is a really poor example.

The law brings us to Christ because we are sinners, lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9.

This is not about learning multiplication and division. Its about learning that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. And that you need a savior.

genuineoriginal

That is a really poor example.

The law brings us to Christ because we are sinners, lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9.

This is not about learning multiplication and division. Its about learning that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. And that you need a savior.
Where do you find the rules for righteousness?
Where are "thou shalt not murder" and "thou shalt not steal" written down for everyone to learn?

Robert Pate

Banned
Where do you find the rules for righteousness?
Where are "thou shalt not murder" and "thou shalt not steal" written down for everyone to learn?

There are tribes in Africa and other parts of the world that know right from wrong without the Bible. I think that it is called a conscious. Everyone seems to have one.