ECT The Literalism Fraud

Interplanner

I can't think of a better example of the fraud of literalism than the recent comments about Hebrews to Jude, for Jewish Christians only. The fraud is that IT DOESN'T LITERALLY SAY THAT ANYWHERE. So once again, they call it literalism, but they mean D'ism. Everything must be checked, not by what the Bible actually says, but by D'ism first.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can't think of a better example of the fraud of literalism than the recent comments about Hebrews to Jude, for Jewish Christians only. The fraud is that IT DOESN'T LITERALLY SAY THAT ANYWHERE. So once again, they call it literalism, but they mean D'ism. Everything must be checked, not by what the Bible actually says, but by D'ism first.

English, dude. English.

Interplanner

English, dude. English.

Some of the D'ists recently insisted that Hebrews to Jude was for Jewish Christians only.

That is the fraud. They are the 'literalists' yet nothing in the text makes that claim. Meanwhile they refuse to believe Heb 3 (that there is a separate God's house from the race of Israel) or Acts 2 (that David foresaw the resurrection as the enthronement of Christ on his throne). So much for literalism! So much for meaning!

D'ism is a fraud because the guy who invented it believed the Bible did not make sense--after 200 years of exposition by Reformation teachers. So he came up with his system to make it make sense.

DAN P

Some of the D'ists recently insisted that Hebrews to Jude was for Jewish Christians only.

That is the fraud. They are the 'literalists' yet nothing in the text makes that claim. Meanwhile they refuse to believe Heb 3 (that there is a separate God's house from the race of Israel) or Acts 2 (that David foresaw the resurrection as the enthronement of Christ on his throne). So much for literalism! So much for meaning!

D'ism is a fraud because the guy who invented it believed the Bible did not make sense--after 200 years of exposition by Reformation teachers. So he came up with his system to make it make sense.

Hi and I want to INTRODUCE you too that GUY and He is the Holy Spirit !!

He had Paul write it in Eph 3:1-10 and in Col 1:25 and 26 and in 1 Cor 9:17 and the ANGELS in 1 Cor 4:9 MUST be getting a lot of LAUGHS and pointing to that CRAZY GUY called Interplanner !!

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame

Chapter, verse, that says that "The Bermuda Triangle" of the book, i.e., Deuteronomy and Leviticus, are only for Jews, the nation of Israel, Israelites, and not you= "for Jews, the nation of Israel, Israelites only." IT DOESN'T LITERALLY SAY THAT ANYWHERE.

I will wait.

And remember......Focus on The.....

mission-statement.png

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I'm still lost. :idunno:

DAN P

Interplanner;5g! D'ism is a fraud because the guy who invented it believed the Bible did not make sense--after 200 years of exposition by Reformation teachers. So he came up with his system to make it make sense.[/QUOTE said:
Hi and you have said " the GUY " that invented it , so who was that GUY ??

Was that GUY inspired , also ??

dan p

Interplanner

I'm still lost. :idunno:

They insist on the text actually saying what they think it says but it is not there. What part of that do you not understand?

It means that the system is a fraud as a whole. I'm sure there are people in it who believe Christ's death is the atonement for our sins.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They insist on the text actually saying what they think it says but it is not there. What part of that do you not understand?

It means that the system is a fraud as a whole. I'm sure there are people in it who believe Christ's death is the atonement for our sins.

Slow down. Start at the beginning.

genuineoriginal

Hi and I have never read ANYTHING from John Nelson Darby
I doubt that I have either.
Dispensationalism was spread by the Scofield Bible and seminaries like the Moody Bible Institute and the Dallas Theological Seminary.
The teaching was further sensationalized by authors such as Hal Lindsey (Late Great Planet Earth) and Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins (Left Behind)

and you then believe in DOUBLE INSPIRATION and all of Darby's book ate INSPIRED ??
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Interplanner

Slow down. Start at the beginning.

Abraham saw Christ's day and rejoiced. The Scriptures foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gopsel in advance to Abraham. God says 'I will rebuild David's fallen tent...so that the remnant of mankind may seek the Lord' about the swarming number of Gentile believers during the church's launch.

D'ism does not think that any of these are scripture, because when a scripture violates D'ism, that scripture is suddenly not to be read literally.

I don't know any other beginning than that.