You shall not take the name of Yahveh your God in vain.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You shall not take the name of Yahveh your God in vain, for Yahveh will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

You shall not take the Name of HASHEM, your God, in vain, for HASHEM will not absolve anyone who takes His Name in vain.

God's name is Yahveh. To take His name is to accept Him as your God. He is the one and only true God. God is one. HASHEM is a Hebrew word that means THE NAME. That is, God's name.

Hear Israel. Yahveh our God, Yahveh is one.

He is the only God.

clefty

You shall not take the name of Yahveh your God in vain, for Yahveh will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

You shall not take the Name of HASHEM, your God, in vain, for HASHEM will not absolve anyone who takes His Name in vain.

God's name is Yahveh. To take His name is to accept Him as your God. He is the one and only true God. God is one. HASHEM is a Hebrew word that means THE NAME. That is, God's name.

He is the only God.

Means we use and say His name...instead of Hashem Adonai Elohim God LORD G-d...

And His Son too...use His name...not Jesus or Lord LORD Christ...

We should not take it with us and use it for naught

HalleluYah

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

He is the only God.

And yet he doesn't judge humans, nor does he have all authority.

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.'" (Matthew 28:18)

What else is there besides heaven and earth?

There is one true God who is in everyone, but salvation is not in his name.

Jesus is the Christ and the Christ is our leader.

No other name under heaven by which we must be saved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Means we use and say His name...instead of Hashem Adonai Elohim God LORD G-d...

And His Son too...use His name...not Jesus or Lord LORD Christ...

We should not take it with us and use it for naught

HalleluYah

I do not know what you have said here.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.'" (Matthew 28:18)

I do not know what you are saying or your purpose. Only God is God.

clefty

About that “no other name”...

Acts 26:14We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice say to me in Hebrew/Aramaic,[b/] ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15‘Who are You, Lord?’ I asked. ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting, the Lord replied.

“Jesus” is indeed another name which Paul heard told to him there on the ground yes?

A name translated...transliterated...from two other languages through Greek and then Latin finally into English...

instead of using “Jesus” which is another name (and because of man’s tradition)...how about we restore it back to the name Saul actually heard?

Names are important...as is the third commandment...

clefty

I do not know what you have said here.

Isreal was actually given His name written in Stone...heard orally...to literally take into their promised land

It was hoped by Yah that it would not be taken...in vain...for naught...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Isreal was actually given His name written in Stone...heard orally...to literally take into their promised land

It was hoped by Yah that it would not be taken...in vain...for naught...

Israel is a nation. God revealed His name to us. No one should take God's name in vain.

clefty

No. You are incorrect. We the people of Israel recognize that you do not know God, our God.

And just like in the Old Testament you are still not bringing a blessing (knowledge of Him) to all nations...

At least we know He had a Son...and with Him you rejected His Father...

Taking God's name is not a light thing.
yup...so feel free to educate us...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And just like in the Old Testament you are still not bringing a blessing (knowledge of Him) to all nations...

At least we know He had a Son...and with Him you rejected His Father...

yup...so feel free to educate us...

I believe Yeshua to be the only begotten Son of God. I do not know what you are talking about. I have neither rejected the Father nor the Son. My communication with you should be a blessing. I encourage you to read the Torah. We as Jews observe the Torah. Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the commandments. You are to keep His commandments. Do you have faith in God and Jesus? Have you repented of your sins and received forgiveness of sins? Do you live your life to the glory of God? Have you been granted the free gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord?

iouae

I don't care what name I use. Jesus and God know when I am talking to them. They are pretty bright.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
But you mentioned Yeshua earlier. Do you just talk ABOUT him, not TO him?

Yeshua is Hebrew, known in English as Jesus. I am not showing you the Hebrew letters for Yeshua's name. I am not talking about someone. Using Jesus to find out something about me does not make sense.