ECT Never the Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

And he refers to entire chapters that say no such thing.

ACtually STP has yet to deal properly with acts 13:32, or with I Cor 10. I notice the 'what are the ends of the world' question still back there, on I Cor 10, when I was talking about ch 7. And it is not the ends of the world. It is 'upon whom the end of the ages has come' and you need to check Greek grammars about why that is done sometimes. Again, it is Paul speaking as he often does about the end of the world being quite soon, like Rev 1.

You need to stop reading D'ist commentaries and use 3 or more Greek grammar commentaries so that you can split ties on issues that seem to have opposite conclusions.

You have spoken total nonsense about chapters that have nothing on the topic. total crap. (Yes today I did find out later I switched Mt 21 and 23 but explained the point about 'blessed is he...' to Steko in that thread).

Interplanner

The LORD Jesus Christ is NOT the "land" and there are MANY more things to be fulfilled.

Your "in Christ" magic wand sorcery is not true.

Acts 13 is saying something collective: that the promise of Abraham of being a blessing to the whole world had arrived in the resurrection, because the resurrection is proof given by God that there is justfication from our sins in Christ. That is why Paul is so ecstatic and energized to speak about the glory of God in the face of Christ in the Gospel. Col 1 and Eph 1 bleeds with it; gloriously. I hope you will drink of it.

You need it. You both sound so miserable that there is nothing mentioned about the land of Israel, as though it was magic or sorcery (that's really a dangerous thing you said RD) or pixie dust.

Last edited:

Danoh

ACtually STP has yet to deal properly with acts 13:32, or with I Cor 10. I notice the 'what are the ends of the world' question still back there, on I Cor 10, when I was talking about ch 7. And it is not the ends of the world. It is 'upon whom the end of the ages has come' and you need to check Greek grammars about why that is done sometimes. Again, it is Paul speaking as he often does about the end of the world being quite soon, like Rev 1.

You need to stop reading D'ist commentaries and use 3 or more Greek grammar commentaries so that you can split ties on issues that seem to have opposite conclusions.

You have spoken total nonsense about chapters that have nothing on the topic. total crap. (Yes today I did find out later I switched Mt 21 and 23 but explained the point about 'blessed is he...' to Steko in that thread).

The original language of 2 Cor. 10:11 is "as types happened to them were written moreover for admonition of us on whom the ENDS of the AGES ARE arrived."

1 Corinthians 10:11 KJV Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

In the KJV, the sense of what was meant by the translation now especially depends on what is being talked about, more than it does on how any one word was translated.

Because no matter how a thing was translated in the KJV, it's language and especially it's language structure, and expression of thought, is now largely archaic.

The result being that one is now left with being literally forced to focus on overal themes, similar subject matter, etc., and comparison of verse with verse, than one might be forced to with the modern "translations."

Personally I find this accident of the passing of time and with it, an often different manner of English expression, a plus.

Add looking up where the same Greek words are used that perhaps differ from one another in translation in the English, and where doing that is needed, and one is basically good to go.

Result?

The sense of how the KJV's "upon whom the ends of the world are come" actually reads, is "the ends of the ages."

Which still leaves the need to properly discern between how a things reads or what it says, and what it means by what it says, or is actually talking about.

As in...

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

SaulToPaul 2

Acts 13 is saying something collective: that the promise of Abraham of being a blessing to the whole world had arrived in the resurrection, because the resurrection is proof given by God that there is justfication from our sins in Christ. That is why Paul is so ecstatic and energized to speak about the glory of God in the face of Christ in the Gospel. Col 1 and Eph 1 bleeds with it; gloriously. I hope you will drink of it.

You need it. You both sound so miserable that there is nothing about the land of Israel, as though it was magic or sorcery (that's really a dangerous thing you said RD) or pixie dust.

Nope, you made it up.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Would that that were true.

For that fact of the matter is that Paul'd spent a great deal of his time calling out his converts on their obvious double-standards.

It was that, that so divided them.

Doctrinal differences were not their real issue - a double-standard was.

A practice many so called MADs on here, and elsewhere, do not appear to reflect on much as to their own double-standards.

The various splits within Mid-Acts have been this very issue.

While to point it out to such is to set it off in such, anew.

I doubt that was the living epistle Paul had in mind, when attempting to address the dead epistle so many of his converts had so insisted in being through their obvious double-standards.

In the spirit of Romans 5:8 - towards you and I both :chuckle:
Tell that to the various Mid-Acts splits out there.
Good grief man! Put your obsession down and FOCUS!

Interplanner

Yes, but following Paul is to not end up D'ist or 2P2P. It is
1, the resurrection was the enthronement
2, the new covenant is enjoyed now
3, the resurrection is the completion of what was promised to the fathers, because the land does not matter to Paul; what matters is that the blessing to the nations through the Seed, not seeds, gets to them through preaching justification in Christ
4, the belief of the Gospel found amonth the Gentiles is the restoring of David's fallen tent

D'ism and 2P2P are so full of crumbling, wobbling proof texts, that their will be contests for all time about what they mean--so long as you have bought the D'ist premise.

Interplanner

We often read the conclusion of a book to find out what really matters: go for it. sink into Acts 26, the last presentation on all this by Paul and see what he said in normal language. Not in 2p2p-speak where gloms of crud are imported from all over for whimsical reasons.

Right Divider

Body part

:rotfl:

:mock: How many "Greek grammars" do I need?

If ever you finally learn the truth about the ministry of Paul, you'll understand that dispensation of the grace of God has nothing to do with the promises to Israel. And that God chose twelve apostles for Israel for a reason.

You are lost in the wild fantasy world of men's vain opinions: silly commentary land.

Right Divider

Body part
This shows your vain humanistic approach to the Word of God. Mankind's justification from our sins in Christ is NOT the ultimate focus of scripture. That is a man-centered pile of poop.

God's glory is MUCH, MUCH larger than JUST redeeming people from their sins.

You need it. You both sound so miserable that there is nothing mentioned about the land of Israel, as though it was magic or sorcery (that's really a dangerous thing you said RD) or pixie dust.
No, it's not IP. It's the truth. You live in a fantasy world where your man-centered views attempt to cover the true meaning of the Bible.

Interplanner

This shows your vain humanistic approach to the Word of God. Mankind's justification from our sins in Christ is NOT the ultimate focus of scripture. That is a man-centered pile of poop.

God's glory is MUCH, MUCH larger than JUST redeeming people from their sins.

No, it's not IP. It's the truth. You live in a fantasy world where your man-centered views attempt to cover the true meaning of the Bible.

I have never, in 50 years, heard that the Gospel of God saving us from our sins was man-centered!

I've never heard "in Christ" declared to be sorcery!

In the Rev, the heavens sing 'worthy is the Lamb who was slain and has redeemed us by his blood.' They do not sing, 'worthy is the Lion who reconquered Judea.'

Right Divider

Body part
I have never, in 50 years, heard that the Gospel of God saving us from our sins was man-centered!

I've never heard "in Christ" declared to be sorcery!

In the Rev, the heavens sing 'worthy is the Lamb who was slain and has redeemed us by his blood.' They do not sing, 'worthy is the Lion who reconquered Judea.'
I never said any such thing. You're a confused liar once again. Your passion for falsehood has driven you completely crazy.

The gospel of the grace of God is not man-centered. Your elevation of it to the number one thing of all time IS!

There is FAR MORE to the glory of God than redeeming individual people. There is a kingdom of Christ on earth and in heaven that is HIS glory.

"in Christ" is not sorcery. YOUR use of that term to wash away most of the Bible is sorcery.

In Revelation it describes a glorious kingdom on the earth and from heaven that you know very little about.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, but following Paul is to not end up D'ist or 2P2P. It is
1, the resurrection was the enthronement
2, the new covenant is enjoyed now
3, the resurrection is the completion of what was promised to the fathers, because the land does not matter to Paul; what matters is that the blessing to the nations through the Seed, not seeds, gets to them through preaching justification in Christ
4, the belief of the Gospel found amonth the Gentiles is the restoring of David's fallen tent

D'ism and 2P2P are so full of crumbling, wobbling proof texts, that their will be contests for all time about what they mean--so long as you have bought the D'ist premise.

All four points are fantasy island points.

Status
Not open for further replies.