The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

When Satan was told he would be turned to ashes and would no longer exist, what does that mean?

"And I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you, you have become a horror and shall be no more forever." (Ezekiel 28:18-19)

The phrase "shall be no more forever" certainly sounds like death to me.

Someone said the soul who sins will die. Do you interpret that to mean the reward for sin is eternal life?

You believe a doctrine of death. You have no idea about the life of the spirit.

Our physical body dies, but the spirit does not die.

Show the scripture that says the spirit dies, or repent.

popsthebuilder

So then you acknowledge that God died?

Chapter and verse, pops!

The bible makes no such distinction.

What? You're mind is broken. I've forget nothing. I simply read and take the bible to mean what it clearly says without bending over backward to conserve my doctrine. Jesus is speaking to John and says that He died.

You're an idiot. I asked you exactly that!

Further, I will ignore any sentence your write with this moronic use of the word "too".

You're a fool and one post away from my ignore list.

I think you may actually be stupid. This conversation is a waste of time.

Clete
Matthew 7: 16. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17. Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

Galatians 3: 3. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Matthew 5: 22. But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

(it is very easy to tell who regards the Words of the Christ of GOD as life and who disregard the teachings as if faith is of no effect and actions are of no consequence.)

Right Divider

Body part
Where did I say there was no Father and Son? You make up things.
You said that Jesus sent Himself.

Of course that's NOT what Jesus said, but let's not let the Bible get in our way.

John 17:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Not "WAS thee", but "WITH thee".

God's Truth

You said that Jesus sent Himself.

Of course that's NOT what Jesus said, but let's not let the Bible get in our way.

John 17:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Not "WAS thee", but "WITH thee".

'WAS THEE'!!!

John 1:2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

glorydaz

No-one is refuting the resurrection

No, you're refuting the fact that the Lord Jesus is God. You've made that quite clear.

Have you never read of the Ancient of Days...and understood why John fell at our Lord's feet as though dead when he heard the voice of many waters and saw the hair like white wool? He was face to face with the King of Glory...our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Daniel 7:9KJV
I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Rev. 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.​

popsthebuilder

No, you're refuting the fact that the Lord Jesus is God. You've made that quite clear.

Have you never read of the Ancient of Days...and understood why John fell at our Lord's feet as though dead when he heard the voice of many waters and saw the hair like white wool? He was face to face with the King of Glory...our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Daniel 7:9KJV
I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Rev. 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.​
Super.....now explain why you act as if I ever said Christ/ the Spirit of GOD is not GOD.

glorydaz

What else are you going to say? I show what is plainly written. I do not add or subtract.

But, you prove by your conclusions that you don't understand the verses you quote.

You are making a false charge against me.

Well, let's see....

I show you where Paul says to 'repent'. You change that to 'change your mind about God'.

It always depends on how the word is used, and I've told you that time and time again....as have many others. It's to be understood according to it's context in a sentence. People have tried to show you this for years, but you refuse to listen. For instance, God repented that He had made man...that does not mean He stopped SINNING or was sorry for His SINS. And because you refuse to understand the context, you have no answer to a verse like this one, do you?

2 Corinthians 7:8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.​

I show you scriptures where Jesus tells us to repent of our sins or perish. You say that is only for the Jews.

Once again, you ignore what is plainly written. The baptism of repentance (water) was, indeed, a baptism of repentance from the dead works the Jews were performing, and for them to recognize Jesus as their MESSIAH. Heb. 6:1KJV

The "people of Israel" and "the people" Paul is talking about are the people of Israel.

Acts 13:24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.​

I show you the scripture that says the Lord is the Spirit. You say I am taking it out of context.

Yes, you do, and you don't even try to listen when it's pointed out to you. You are so prideful of your own understanding that you flat out refuse to even consider the entirety of the chapter and the meaning of the verse you have so readily yanked from it's context. :sigh:
I show you scriptures that say faith alone is dead, and I give you many scriptures that prove that. You say I just don't understand.

You don't....because you refuse to listen to anything anyone else tells you. You are so filled with pride, you cannot allow yourself to learn.

No, you read into what is written and write your own story.

The Lord must be convicting your of those very words, for it's to you they apply.

glorydaz

Jamie is afraid to call herself a teacher, but that is what she is when she comes here and debates.

We are all teachers here.

No, we aren't all teachers here.

Not all are members of the body of Christ, and not all are "apt to teach".

1 Tim. 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach

1 Tim. 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.​

The Holy Spirit is the decider of that.

2 Timothy 2:2
And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

popsthebuilder

You wrote, "Christ/ the Spirit of GOD".

Where do you see that written in the Bible?
(Is Christ not the anointed of GOD?

Is Christ not as the right hand of GOD?

Were not all things given to Christ?

Is Christ not the judge of all?

Was Jesus the Christ, as man indwelled wholly with the Holy Spirit?

How do you not understand that the spirit in Jesus was the Holy Spirit of GOD? How much more so now are they synonymous that the Vail has been ripped in twain and the Spirit returned to the right hand of GOD?

What goes to heaven is from heaven is it not?

There is One Spirit that is GOD. Both Jesus of Nazareth and the Holy Spirit are wholly of GOD.

It may not be worded exactly as I have; but using discernment and understanding coupled with the plain reading of the sacred texts allows for one to conclude such easily and without addition or subtraction from the texts. It also is reiterated by other sacred texts of the faithful of GOD.)

Philippians 1: 19. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20. According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. 21. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24. Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; 26. That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again. 27. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; 28. And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. 29. For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; 30. Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

(if you can discern the Word then you should easily conclude similarly to what I have. If you admit at least that I have your ear; then I will continue)

(I am shamed for the negativity I've shown towards you.... I ask that you forgive me, and do forgive you regardless. I hope we can move forward with this line of conversation)

...peace