Merciful to their unrighteousness a Covenant Blessing !

beloved57

Me asking you to further elaborate on your point that I didn't notice is evasion?

Next time you post a topic; perhaps you could actually look to discuss it with others that may not agree with you as a fail-safe or go to response. I was genuinely interested in the topic even though someone put "NO MERCY" in it, as if that is truth at all.

Anyway; waste of time.

peace

Evasion

beloved57

God is merciful to the unbelief of His Own Elect !

Rom 11:32

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

You see, for God to condemned sinners Christ died for, for and in Unbelief, it would be a contradiction of Gods mercy stored up for them in Christ. Paul is an example, what he did to the Name of Christ in persecuting and murdering the members of Christ's Body, God in Christ didnt condemn for, but had Mercy upon him for it 1 Tim 1:13

Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

In other words, Paul as well as any other elect vessel of mercy, do but obtain mercy for their unbelief !

So when Jesus speaks of the condemned in unbelief Jn 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This unbeliever cant be a vessel of mercy for whom He died, because if he or she was, they shall obtain mercy for their unbelief !

Nanja

God is merciful to the unbelief of His Own Elect !

Rom 11:32

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

You see, for God to condemned sinners Christ died for, for and in Unbelief, it would be a contradiction of Gods mercy stored up for them in Christ. Paul is an example, what he did to the Name of Christ in persecuting and murdering the members of Christ's Body, God in Christ didnt condemn for, but had Mercy upon him for it 1 Tim 1:13

Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

In other words, Paul as well as any other elect vessel of mercy, do but obtain mercy for their unbelief !

So when Jesus speaks of the condemned in unbelief Jn 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This unbeliever cant be a vessel of mercy for whom He died, because if he or she was, they shall obtain mercy for their unbelief !

Precisely! It's only God's Vessels of Mercy that are Made Free from the power / dominion of sin and unbelief they were sold under by nature Rom. 7:14; and not by any action on their part, but they are Freed John 8:36 passively by the Sovereign Power of Christ as the result of them being Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world to have forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace Eph. 1:4-7.

popsthebuilder

Precisely! It's only God's Vessels of Mercy that are Made Free from the power / dominion of sin and unbelief they were sold under by nature Rom. 7:14; and not by any action on their part, but they are Freed John 8:36 passively by the Sovereign Power of Christ as the result of them being Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world to have forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace Eph. 1:4-7.
And these vessels of mercy; they are made free from sin and made pure,are they not?

Surely they are without sin and full of mercy and humility, and those in sin are not those made new.

Would you agree?

beloved57

And these vessels of mercy; they are made free from sin and made pure,are they not?

Surely they are without sin and full of mercy and humility, and those in sin are not those made new.

Would you agree?

Do you want to discuss the points made in the OP ?

popsthebuilder

I guess you don't. Since u dont please find another thread to disrupt!
For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins

(stripped from context what stands out to me is "many for the remission of sins" making me recall that many will be saved and the saved are synonymous with the pious.)

popsthebuilder

Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Heb 8:6,12-13

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

The New Covenant and its promises are wrapped up in the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ, whois the Head of His Body the Church, whom He Loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25-26,

Now one of the better promises linked unto His death, the shedding of His Blood, is along with remission/forgiveness of sins, is that He will be merciful unto their unrighteousness !

This is something God has promised to do. The word unrighteousness here is the word adikia and means:

1. unrighteousness of heart and life

morally, wrongfulness (of character, life or act):—iniquity, unjust, unrighteousness, wrong.

1. unrighteous, sinful

2. of one who deals fraudulently with others, deceitful

unjust; by extension wicked; by implication, treacherous; specially, heathen:—unjust, unrighteous.

2. a deed violating law and justice, act of unrighteousness

So those Christ shed His Blood for God has promised to be merciful unto their unrighteousness, which covers their disobedience and unbelief, rebellion, wrong doing.

Theyre the Vessels of Mercy that God shut up into unbelief/disobedience in order to have mercy upon them according to the New Covenant in Christ's Blood Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

God cannot and willl not impute unbelief against them Christ died for, for that would contradict His Promise of Mercy unto them. So those who are condemned already because they believe not on Christ Jn 3:18, cant be anybody Christ died for, because if so, God must be merciful unto their unbelief for Christ's sake !
I can agree with everything you said here due to personal experience, as I was an adament atheist, or at times perhaps at least an agnostic of some sort; yet GOD did show me great mercy and showed me many things that pertained to me personally. The fact that I doubt these things on some indirect level is devastating to my soul. But your post is right on.
But if you think it speaks to predestined hell for masses you are quite mistaken I believe. I would be happy to discuss it with you though.

Thank you for attempting to be kind. Let us please continue with such towards one another.

peace