Thanked 13,247 Times in 10,132 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one expects the MAD inquisition.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 21st, 2016),Tambora (April 3rd, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
    What do you believe Jesus means by ALL nations?

Luke 24
    46He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Matt 28
    19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
    SILENCE, infidel, or they will keel u?! Quit staring at them!
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Me too.

I hope the dissenters can force themselves to stay away. I can hear the gnashing of teeth outside the walls. I assume that's godrulz being restrained.
    It is odd that you do not have to stay away when someone starts a thread against MAD, yet we have to stay away when you start one for it. So much for mature dialogue and freedom of speech.

I have a bruxism splint, so it protects my gnashed teeth somewhat.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,608 Times in 11,389 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
    It is odd that you do not have to stay away when someone starts a thread against MAD, yet we have to stay away when you start one for it. So much for mature dialogue and freedom of speech.

If someone opened a thread and respectfully asked that Open Theists stay away, I think Randy would oblige them & not give it another thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

heir (May 11th, 2016),Tambora (April 3rd, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    apparently, Nang hasn't paroused this thread yet...
    Help, I can't breath. My muzzle is too tight and Nang is tethered to me, nagging me to death.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone opened a thread and respectfully asked that Open Theists stay away, I think Randy would oblige them & not give it another thought.
    Nobody asked for non MAD advocates to stay away.

As a Catholic I feel ultimately qualified to be called a "sincere inquisitor"!

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
    Nobody asked for non MAD advocates to stay away.

As a Catholic I feel ultimately qualified to be called a "sincere inquisitor"!

Yeh, thx for the Inquisitions. This could be part V for North Americans. Do you just Tazer people or are flames still in vogue?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, thx for the Inquisitions. This could be part V for North Americans. Do you just Tazer people or are flames still in vogue?

Some info:

Officially it was not the Church that sentenced unrepenting heretics to death, more particularly to the stake. As legate of the Roman Church even Gregory IV never went further than the penal ordinances of Innocent III required, nor ever inflicted a punishment more severe than excommunication. Not until four years after the commencement of his pontificate did he admit the opinion, then prevalent among legists, that heresy should be punished with death, seeing that it was confessedly no less serious an offence than high treason. Nevertheless he continued to insist on the exclusive right of the Church to decide in authentic manner in matters of heresy; at the same time it was not her office to pronounce sentence of death. The Church, thenceforth, expelled from her bosom the impenitent heretic, whereupon the state took over the duty of his temporal punishment.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08026a.htm

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly right, STP.

Godrulz,
    I know for a fact that there are some around here who are interested in learning (regardless of how they conclude) about the MidActs position. But they don't like the non-stop debate. And I know for a fact that they'd like to either participate in or at least just follow a conversation on the topic that isn't constantly interrupted. That's why I respectfully asked that you and others like you stay away.

As STP said, if you or anyone EVER asks me to stay out of a thread for any reason, then I'll oblige, without jumping in to throw a jab like you've done here.

So again, please stay away.

Randy
    Funny how threads morph.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." ~ Paul

"You should never wave to someone you don't know. What if he doesn't have a hand? Then he'll just think you're being cocky!" ~Mitch Hedberg

__.._

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenman For Your Post:

Tambora (April 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I've received notes from others that are following the thread but not chiming in, then how about a slight shift to keep the thread progressing.

In my Tuesday night Bible study, we're studying Acts. I'd love to pick up here where we are in that study. Since we MidActs'ers have slightly varying ideas on some areas, then your insights will help me in the Bible Study (so this is obviously a self-serving request ). ANY MidActser...please offer whatever insights you have. And again, the sincere inquirers are welcome to ask questions, make comments, play devil's advocate, or whatever.

So far in our Acts study, we've covered the first 7 chapters where we've seen no evidence of the Body of Christ and tons of evidence that God's prophetic program is progressing along as planned. Of note, we've seen:
    • After 40 days of Jesus teaching His chosen apostles things pertaining to the kingdom (Acts 1:3), they ask him if it is at this time that He would "restore the kingdom to Israel". After 40 days of training, we have to assume that they were asking an appropriate question based on an accurate understanding of the kingdom.
    • Matthias is chose to replace Judas, bringing the number of apostles to sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes (Matt. 19:28) back up to the necessary 12.
    • The Spirit is poured out, according to prophecy.
    • Peter, having just been filled with the Spirit, makes it abundantly clear that the event is that of which Joel spoke. It's the beginning of events leading up to the Day of the Lord and the end.
    • Peter preaches to the Jews that the one they murdered had risen to life, and He is the One promised to sit on David's throne, the promise that is to them, their children and to all who are afar off (their dispersed brethren).
    • All believers begin living communally, selling all they have and dispersing to the needy, in keeping with the Lord's command of Luke 12:33 and in preparation of the coming kingdom.
    • Peter's second sermon is like his first: you (his audience of Jews) murdered Jesus, who was raised back to life. Repent so that you can receive: 1) blotting out of sins (according to prophecy); 2) times of refreshing (as described in prophecies about the kingdom); 3) the return of Jesus, who was waiting in heaven until the times of restoration of all things (brining to mind the Ez. 37 prophecy about Him restoring Israel and Judah to the land and being their Prince and One Shepherd forever).
    • Persecutions growing, beginning with Peter and John taken into custody and question, then imprisoned and beaten, then Stephen stoned and killed.
    • Jesus stands, apparently ready to begin His judgments (see Mark 16:19 and compare with Ps. 110:1, Is. 3:13).
    Before talking about events starting in chapter 8, does anyone have any thoughts on this other information? Any disagreements, comments, questions (from the MidActs or "sincere other")?

Thanks,
    Randy
    Funny how threads morph.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." ~ Paul

"You should never wave to someone you don't know. What if he doesn't have a hand? Then he'll just think you're being cocky!" ~Mitch Hedberg

__.._

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenman For Your Post:

Tambora (April 3rd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,422 Times in 3,761 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    I know for a fact that there are some around here who are interested in learning (regardless of how they conclude) about the MidActs position. But they don't like the non-stop debate. And I know for a fact that they'd like to either participate in or at least just follow a conversation on the topic that isn't constantly interrupted. That's why I respectfully asked that you and others like you stay away.
    Then let me add my support to this idea. Why must TOL limit itself to debate? Isn't there room for discourse of another nature here? It's frustrating when naysayers interrupt the flow of what is otherwise the clear enumeration of principles and a study in their application. That's the goal here and I, for one, don't require anyone playing the devil's advocate to keep me from falling into anyone's ideological trap.

If those who feel set against the propositions here are moved by their conscience to object I should think a thread could be created by them for THAT particular purpose. I'd read it as readily as I do here and consider it as fully, as I think people interested in the truth of any matter would.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Then let me add my support to this idea. Why must TOL limit itself to debate? Isn't there room for discourse of another nature here? It's frustrating when naysayers interrupt the flow of what is otherwise the clear enumeration of principles and a study in their application. That's the goal here and I, for one, don't require anyone playing the devil's advocate to keep me from falling into anyone's ideological trap.

If those who feel set against the propositions here are moved by their conscience to object I should think a thread could be created by them for THAT particular purpose. I'd read it as readily as I do here and consider it as fully, as I think people interested in the truth of any matter would.
    did you know we have a thread for insincere mad critics?
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,422 Times in 3,761 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    did you know we have a thread for insincere mad critics?
    No, but if you hum a few bars... Sorry cm, won't happen again.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 719 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have been asked nicely. Please cooperate. (I have done similar things for you in past)
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 719 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI: for all you thread derailers this is your final notice. Infractions are the next step.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Thread Information