Another earthquake hits Mexico - 7.1

nikolai_42

Sorry, i didnt see your thread, and i posted one on this too, 7.1 magnitude earthquake kills at least 44 in Mexico, collapses buildings...

No problem. The link title actually gives me a lead-in. I was pondering (probably because of all the question about natural disasters and judgment of God) what one might expect from these disasters so I looked up the death toll for Katrina and compared it with the death tolls of Harvey and Irma. Both the recent hurricanes are at death tolls of less than 100 (admittedly, that could rise over time) but Katrina was, by comparison, far more devastating with a count of over 1600. Then with today's quake in Mexico - again, tolls are preliminary - it still isn't at 100. But even if it hits 1000 (picking a figure out of the air) the 1985 quake saw 10,000 people killed.

I guess the only conclusion I can draw from this is that God's judgments (since I see this operating as such - even if on a personal level) are full of mercy even in them. Great catastrophe and very few people lose life. Even in our disasters we are still blessed...