Steven Crowder - Popular Right Wing Conservative

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Flipping witnesses is something Law and Order got from real practices, and it's common in organized crime cases. It's actually happened to one Trump associate in the past. Google Felix Sater.
I heard the Manafort investigation goes back 11 years. This shows that Mueller is out of control, total witch hunt.

rexlunae

I heard the Manafort investigation goes back 11 years. This shows that Mueller is out of control, total witch hunt.

Manafort's questionable behavior goes back to the Reagan administration at least, and what that actually shows is how it's not just Mueller and it's also not just Trump. Manafort runs a consultancy firm for despots looking to cash in. If you hire Manafort, you're probably a kleptocrat.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Mueller Seeks White House Documents Related to Trump’s Actions as President
20/09/2017
The New York Times

WASHINGTON — Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, has asked the White House for documents about some of President Trump’s most scrutinized actions since taking office, including the firing of his national security adviser and F.B.I. director, according to White House officials.

Mr. Mueller is also interested in an Oval Office meeting Mr. Trump had with Russian officials in which he said the dismissal of the F.B.I. director had relieved “great pressure” on him.

..... In recent weeks, Mr. Mueller’s office sent a document to the White House that detailed 13 different areas that investigators want more information about. Since then, administration lawyers have been scouring White House emails and asking officials whether they have other documents or notes that may pertain to Mr. Mueller’s requests.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/20/us/politics/mueller-trump-russia.html

13 different areas that investigators want more information from the White House
*********************************************************************************
1. the firing of his national security adviser

2. the dismissal of F.B.I. Director Comey

3. the discussion the President had with Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey I. Kislyak and Russian officials in the Oval Office concerning the dismissal of F.B.I. Director "Nutjob" Comey, and he meant by relieving him of a “great pressure”

4 documents about the circumstances of the firing of Michael T. Flynn, Trump’s first National Security Adviser

5. documents about how the White House responded to questions from The Times about a June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower set up by Donald Trump Jr., the president’s eldest son, to get derogatory information from Russians about Hillary Clinton.

AArVqz8.img

Paul Manafort, General Michael Flynn and Flynn's son are already "toast," living on "borrowed time!"

Mueller is now going after Donald Jr. and Jared Kushner and their meeting(s) with the Russians.

When the Special Council is requesting documents that from the White House as they relate to Comey, Trump is already in "the cosshairs!".

Last edited:

rexlunae

Do you suppose he intended to demonstrate white privilege so precisely?

He seems to have largely misunderstood the questions as demands. They aren't demands. They're things that white people don't think about, because white people see whiteness as default and don't appreciate the advantages they gain from them. The point isn't that everyone needs to be able to say that the majority of their professors will share their race, for instance. The point is to make white people realize that that is an advantage that typically they alone enjoy. But Crowder is such a bro-ey blowhard that he doesn't want to think about that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Do you suppose he intended to demonstrate white privilege so precisely?

Crowder and his chortling frat boys were so obnoxious I could only listen to the first 3 minutes. I don't see how anyone could anyone sit through the full 16+ minutes.

He seems to have largely misunderstood the questions as demands. They aren't demands. They're things that white people don't think about, because white people see whiteness as default and don't appreciate the advantages they gain from them. The point isn't that everyone needs to be able to say that the majority of their professors will share their race, for instance. The point is to make white people realize that that is an advantage that typically they alone enjoy. But Crowder is such a bro-ey blowhard that he doesn't want to think about that.

It was an extra credit quiz, for pete's sake. If students don't want to read it or take it they don't have to. When I went to search for the text of the quiz, I saw so much hyperventilating going on in the conservative blogosphere out there, they're all reporting on this terrible, terrible travesty.

I've seen the checklist before, about a year and a half ago when it was offered as supplemental reading material in one of my courses. It was a revelation for me as a white person, because it made me think about things in a way I never had before, and I'm not young, so that's a lot of years to not think about the things that come easier to me than to others based on the color of my skin. It's scary to a lot of conservatives to consider a new idea, I know. But give it a try anyway. I'd add that there are also privileges accorded by class, gender, religion, and sexual orientation as well - things to consider, to open your worldview, to encourage you to walk a mile in someone else's shoes.

Here's that terrible, awful, horrible, subversive, commie, what-is-the-world-coming-to-maranatha-now! checklist:

White Privilege Checklist

Peggy McIntosh, Associate Director of the Wellesley College Center for Research on Women,describes white privilege as an invisible package of unearned assets, which I can count on cashing in each day, but about which I was meant to remain oblivious. White privilege is like an invisible weightless knapsack of special provisions, maps, passports, code books, visas, clothes, tools, and blank checks (McIntosh, 1989).

The following are examples of ways white individuals have privilege because they are white. Please read the list and place a check next to the privileges that apply to you or that you have encountered. At the end, try to list at least two more ways you have privilege based on your race.

___ 1. I can arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
___ 2. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
___ 3. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
___ 4. When I am told about our national heritage or about civilization, I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.
___ 5. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
___ 6. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the food I grew up with, into a hairdresser's shop and find someone who can deal with my hair.
___ 7. Whether I use checks, credit cards, or cash, I can count on my skin color not to work against the appearance of financial responsibility.
___ 8. I am not made acutely aware that my shape, bearing, or body odor will be taken as a reflection on my race.
___ 9. I can worry about racism without being seen as self-interested or self-seeking.
___ 10. I can take a job or enroll in a college with an affirmative action policy without having my co-workers or peers assume I got it because of my race.
___ 11. I can be late to a meeting without having the lateness reflect on my race.
___ 12. I can choose public accommodation with out fearing that people of my race cannot get in or will be mistreated.
___ 13. I am never asked to speak for all of the people of my racial group.
___ 14. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk with the person in charge I will be facing a person of my race.
___ 15. If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven't been singled out because of my race.
___ 16. I can easily by posters, postcards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys, and children's magazines featuring people of my race.
___ 17. I can choose blemish cover or bandages in flesh color and have them more or less match my skin.
___ 18. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
___ 19. I can walk into a classroom and know I will not be the only member of my race.
___ 20. I can enroll in a class at college and be sure that the majority of my professors will be of my race.

Racial privilege is only one form of privilege. What are other examples of privilege? (e.g., privilege based on gender, sexual orientation, class, and religion). Can you think of ways one might have privilege based on these factors? (e.g., that you do not have to worry about being verbally or physically harassed because of your sexual orientation; or you can be sure that your religious holiday will be acknowledged and represented in store displays, classroom discussions, etc.). Please list these forms of privilege.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
My personal favorite is Owen Shroder and then Mark Dice. Two outstanding citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClimateSanity

How and why is it a sham review? What is your source for that comment?
Here is a quote from Neill degrass Tyson:

In regards to the August solar eclipse, Tyson said the following:

"I don't see people objecting to [the prediction of an eclipse]. I don't see people in denial of it. Yet methods and tools of science predict it. So when methods and tools of science predict other things, to have people turn around and say "I deny what you say," there's something wrong in our world when that happens."

Do you agree with him that the methods and tools of science predict specific outcomes with regard to man made global warming? Going back in time and saying a general increase in manmade carbon dioxide since the industrial revolution has roughly correlated with an increase in global temperatures during that time is not a prediction and it is hardly specific.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
It confuses me he would not know such basic information. :idunno:

I think he has said that he doesn't read much so it is not surprising. He clearly has no interest or knowledge of basic science so not surprising.
You know he may have read proofs of his ghost written books, but I suspect not. He has always been too busy borrowing $ from other people, chasing women and playing golf to bother with any intellectual pursuits. And on top of that, he is just plain dumb. A dumb guy with a lot of $. Happens all the time. Especially when Daddy bankrolls you and you depend of smart bankruptcy lawyers and the ability to BS people.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think he has said that he doesn't read much so it is not surprising. He clearly has no interest or knowledge of basic science so not surprising.
You know he may have read proofs of his ghost written books, but I suspect not. He has always been too busy borrowing $ from other people, chasing women and playing golf to bother with any intellectual pursuits. And on top of that, he is just plain dumb. A dumb guy with a lot of $. Happens all the time. Especially when Daddy bankrolls you and you depend of smart bankruptcy lawyers and the ability to BS people.
He won, Trump Rules The World.