DACA - Dreamers

fool

Hall of Fame
While i agree some parts of the DACA need to be ended (teens coming on their own etc..), i disagree with kids who have been here a while and don't even remember mexico, who have been schooled here, being deported, (those who were brought here by those illegally entering (parents grandparents, etc)

Those who broke no law should not be punished. Wisdom wouldnt include shipping someone who grew up here off to another country because their parents broke the law.

You never addressed that in the other thread, How would you get them in? expand the quota? Or bump people already in line?

fool

Hall of Fame
The court thought otherwise. Trump paid millions to avoid a fraud conviction.

IIRC the Court didn't think anything, he settled because he just got elected POTUS and had other things to do. And it was civil case, a fraud conviction would be in a criminal case.
Yes? No?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
He knows that the people who support him want the problem fixed.

In this case, that's true. Most Trump supporters don't want to deport DACA kids. It's not just unjust; it would damage our economy.

The problem is, at least 90 percent of the people who listen to Breitbart don't hate Hispanics, or want to deport DACA kids, or want to set up a white supremacist government. But the people who write for Breitbart generally are more inclined to want those things. And they have a huge effect on the 90 percent.

This is why Trump is tap dancing so carefully.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
IIRC the Court didn't think anything, he settled because he just got elected POTUS and had other things to do.

Other than defending himself from a fraud charge his lawyers told him he was going to lose. He settled in lieu of a much bigger loss if he had gone to trial.

And it was civil case, a fraud conviction would be in a criminal case.
Yes? No?

Found guilty of fraud, if he had lost. It wasn't a criminal case. Which was worse for him; he could have lost a lot more than $25 million.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The commentators at Breitbart are not everyone who voted for Trump.

They are much bigger than Trump's margin of victory. Apparently, when he said that his followers would continue to support him no matter what he did, he actually believed it.

Burning Trump ‘MAGA’ Hats: Furious Right-Wing Trump Fans Set Their $25 ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats On Fire
burning-trump-hat-maga-make-american-great-again-fire.jpg

2016:
R's, "@realDonaldTrump will #MAGA"
D's, "He's a pathological liar"

2017:
R's, "He lied! #BurnMyMAGAHat"
D's, "Nooo... really?" ����

Danoh

They are much bigger than Trump's margin of victory. Apparently, when he said that his followers would continue to support him no matter what he did, he actually believed it.

Burning Trump ‘MAGA’ Hats: Furious Right-Wing Trump Fans Set Their $25 ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats On Fire
burning-trump-hat-maga-make-american-great-again-fire.jpg

2016:
R's, "@realDonaldTrump will #MAGA"
D's, "He's a pathological liar"

2017:
R's, "He lied! #BurnMyMAGAHat"
D's, "Nooo... really?" ����

Actually, Trump offended his base, so they would turn around and offend China by burning their "Made in China" MAGA caps - in short, what hypocrites Trump drones continue to be - they can't even burn a hat for the right reason :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You never addressed that in the other thread, How would you get them in? expand the quota? Or bump people already in line?
This is where I think the program should have qualifiers as to whether you end up in the fast lane or slow lane.
Such as:
employed or not
good school grades or not

In other words, are they a useful benefit to our society or are they a burden to our society.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Actually, Trump offended his base, so they would turn around and offend China by burning their "Made in China" MAGA caps - in short, what hypocrites Trump drones continue to be - they can't even burn a hat for the right reason :chuckle:

:chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This is where I think the program should have qualifiers as to whether you end up in the fast lane or slow lane.
Such as:
employed or not
good school grades or not

In other words, are they a useful benefit to our society or are they a burden to our society.
Gang member or not

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
What a pleasant, non-confrontational name for children of illegals. Don't hurt the dreamers, they have a dream. It's amnesty, pure and simple, put into place by Obummer under executive order, because that was the only way he could get it through. The temporary order is about to expire. What about our own citizens who are under served and struggling?

Will we give amnesty to all people under 18 just because they set foot in America? The demonrats only see votes

How did Obama get that thru congress?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would we bow to people that are not citizens of this country to just walk in and demand we spend our energy and our bucks to take care of them?

Danoh

Why would we bow to people that are not citizens of this country to just walk in and demand we spend our energy and our bucks to take care of them?

Sounds like the argument of those First Nations People recently protesting the breaking of one more of our endlesy broken Treaties with them.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but neither does the supposed "Right's" Trumper double-standard.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sounds like the argument of those First Nations People recently protesting the breaking of one more of our endlesy broken Treaties with them.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but neither does the supposed "Right's" Trumper double-standard.
"Two wrongs"????

Why is it wrong to not let strangers walk into your home to live uninvited and demand you take care of them?????

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Agreed with the exception of the children who broke no law, and were taken here. Do you think they should just be dropped off in mexico when they grew up here through no fault of their own? I say let them be taxpaying citizens, they didn't break the law, their parents did.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agreed with the exception of the children who broke no law, and were taken here. Do you think they should just be dropped off in mexico when they grew up here through no fault of their own? I say let them be taxpaying citizens, they didn't break the law, their parents did.
Take them to an orphanage in Mexico.

I'll give you an example of where I'm coming from and how I'm assessing the situation.
Be warned ahead of time, this not about man over animals, but just the concept of what I see happening.

I lived in the country (rural).
We were constantly being dumped upon by town folks that had litters of puppies or kittens they didn't want to raise at their own house.
I love puppies and kittens!
No fault of the pups and kitties.
But I couldn't care for every stray that got dropped off at my house (feed, shelter, medical, etc, and time spent) and still be able to take proper care of my own because of the burden of time and expense due to the sheer quantity of them, no matter how much I love and adore puppies and kittens.
Drop off a stray at my home, and as heartbreaking as it is, it's going to the pet orphanage - the dog pound.