And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

Eagles Wings

Not my photo. I need a new photo hosting site. But this is a good rendition of one of the best parts of (early) morning. :)

330598174_ef3a768156_b.jpg

I love coffee made from a press, like Bodum. I've been using it for years. The coffee must be fresh ground because it is best when coarse.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Can't drink the caffeinated variety, but I love the smell. Couldn't you use Pinterest for photos? Or is that different? :idunno:

I don't know, I don't have a Pinterest account. But when I tried uploading as attachments, they didn't look (to me, anyway) like they look on my phone or my MacBook. Oh well, it'll be a non-issue soon enough, but thanks.

As for coffee... I'm usually drinking it in the dark of early morning, before the sun comes up, when the city is quiet. These things are inseparable for me. I feel more alive during this time than any other time of the day. :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I love coffee made from a press, like Bodum. I've been using it for years. The coffee must be fresh ground because it is best when course.

I have a press but I haven't used it in quite a long time, and yes, it does make very good coffee. :) Do you grind your coffee more coarsely for it?

Eagles Wings

As for coffee... I'm usually drinking it in the dark of early morning, before the sun comes up, when the city is quiet. These things are inseparable for me. I feel more alive during this time than any other time of the day. :)
I love this time of day, too. We watch the sun rise, and wait for the chirping of the hummingbirds who are the first at the flowers and feeders.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I love this time of day, too. We watch the sun rise, and wait for the chirping of the hummingbirds who are the first at the flowers and feeders.

My daughter just enclosed our porch, and I have a comfy couch and love seat to sit on every morning, around 5 a.m. and enjoy my first cups of coffee with my adoring fans (the chihuahuas). It's such a peaceful way to begin the day. :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

My daughter just enclosed our porch, and I have a comfy couch and love seat to sit on every morning, around 5 a.m. and enjoy my first cups of coffee with my adoring fans (the chihuahuas). It's such a peaceful way to begin the day. :)

What a good thing, to have started the day in much the same way as both of you. :)

Danoh

I start my day with a long, long jog.

Always run across all sorts of wonders, as a result.

lol - one day I encountered a young deer.

The thing was just standing there, staring at me, as I headed toward it.

I slowed down to a slow walk, just taking the beautiful creature in...it's big beautiful baby Doe eyes just staring right at me....

I hear a noise, turn around, and meet face to face with one of it's parents - a huge, huge animal...

Now I'm the one frozen in my tracks, lol.

For a moment it was as if it said to me "you'd best keep movin along, buster - if you know what's good for you..."

I did...just that :chuckle:

Wonderful, wonderful moment.

But yeah, my run in the early mornings feel as if I am a wild horse somewhere off in the Old West..free...running with the wind...

Those moments...and time in the Scripture...studying out one thing or another in wonder of it all - each time anew...

Priceless...

Rom. 5:8.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
A few weeks ago, up in the Ozarks in Arkansas, Mrs. B and I got to the top of a ridge and found this perfect little Romanesque church. I thought it was new, it looked so great, but it dates back to the 1870s, and had just been completely restored.

I met some of the parishioners whose ancestors built the church, mule skinning all the materials up the ridge.

This was the best shot of the day:
36415387273_a40768e06f_b.jpg

Mrs. B's shot, darn it.

Danoh

A few weeks ago, up in the Ozarks in Arkansas, Mrs. B and I got to the top of a ridge and found this perfect little Romanesque church. I thought it was new, it looked so great, but it dates back to the 1870s, and had just been completely restored.

I met some of the parishioners whose ancestors built the church, mule skinning all the materials up the ridge.

This was the best shot of the day:
36415387273_a40768e06f_b.jpg

Mrs. B's shot, darn it.

Wow - beautiful!