The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Father and Jesus are Spirit too, the same Spirit.

The Holy Spirit isn't a different person who acts like the Father and Jesus.

God Himself lives in the saved. Jesus Christ himself lives in the saved. They are the same one and only divine Spirit.

No.

The resurrected human spirit of Jesus rests/abides eternally in His Father.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, Jesus lives in all the saved and only God can do that.

You deny the Father in the Son and the Son in the Father.

That is why you claim Jesus is the Father.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

God's Truth

You deny the Father in the Son and the Son in the Father.

That is why you claim Jesus is the Father.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

You can't answer the question because it exposes your false beliefs.

popsthebuilder

Three Persons, if you count the Holy Spirit, but still one being.

See how that works?

God the Father.
God the Word.
God the Holy Spirit.

One God.
Ever watch sesame street and the Count?

3......ah ah ah.....
Today's number is 3.....

Which is two more than 1 for any who can't count or mistakenly consider themselves monotheists while counting out three separate persons.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
My point is that yours was unfounded and against scripture, which obviously went right over yours.
Says the person who, in at least his last 4-5 posts, has not used one scripture to refute my arguments, just his own words, while completely ignoring the Scripture I am providing to support my statements.

Hypocrite.

God's Truth

Three Persons, if you count the Holy Spirit, but still one being.

See how that works?

God the Father.
God the Word.
God the Holy Spirit.

One God.

The problem with the trinitarian doctrine is that there are not three different. The trinitarian has the Holy Spirit playing the Spirit for all three, instead of acknowledging that Jesus is the Holy Spirit and the Father.

There is only one Spirit, and the Father and Jesus are Spirit. The Holy Spirit isn't some kind of proxy. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, not acting on God's behalf as a separate and or distinct Spirit.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ever watch sesame street and the Count?

3......ah ah ah.....
Today's number is 3.....

Which is two more than 1 for any who can't count or mistakenly consider themselves monotheists while counting out three separate persons.

Trinitarians are monotheists. We believe in ONE God, who expresses Himself in THREE persons, and "These three are one," (1 John 5:7).

Just like "the people cried with 'echad' ('one' of plurality) voice, Deuteronomy 6:4 says, "the LORD is 'echad' ('one' of plurality)."

There is a plurality in the Godhead. That much is clear.

glorydaz

Yes, but what do you mean by "above human understanding"?

That phrase sets off alarm bells in my brain. It's a dangerous path to go down.

It was a poor choice of words, Clete.

I should have explained it the way you did....beyond our ability to adequately "explain". I can think of some examples....like the sun, light, and power, or like ice, water, and steam....but every attempt falls short. I think that's what KtoU was saying, as well.

Believing and fully understanding are not necessarily the same thing. Heck, I have a hard time understanding how God created all things from nothing, but I believe it.

My point was addressing those who are not saved...when they try to understand the Trinity, it makes no sense to them. They can read the words of the Bible, but they aren't quickened to their understanding....which I believe is accomplished by the Holy Spirit revealing truth to our spirit when we are saved.