The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

LA understand that the human spirit of Jesus was from Adam through Mary, but that He was made to conform to Gods word through His conception and upbringing by His Father who is God.

It must be so because Jesus died, and God can not die.

LA
But the spirit that Jesus was comprised of and the physical fertilized egg itself is said to be from an angel; Gabriel I though. And it it is from am angel of the LORD then isn't it too from heaven and GOD?

Did He have two spirits within Him? And if so; wouldn't one of those be of GOD?

God's Truth

Jesus was not a man in Heaven before He was born as you claim.

Jesus' Father who is the only true God, raised Jesus from the dead and declared Him to be God over the new creation.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Jesus became the same thing he was before coming to earth.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

God's Truth

But the spirit that Jesus was comprised of and the physical fertilized egg itself is said to be from an angel; Gabriel I though. And it it is from am angel of the LORD then isn't it too from heaven and GOD?

Did He have two spirits within Him? And if so; wouldn't one of those be of GOD?

Jesus had one Spirit in him, the Spirit of God come in the flesh as a Man.

popsthebuilder

One can not rely on any accuracy of GTs rendering of what other people say.

The Spirit which came from Heaven to anoint Jesus at His baptism was the Spirit of the Father Himself, but obviously Jesus was alive with His own human spirit before the Father anointed Him with Himself.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

LA
But what of the Holy Spirit upon conception from an angel of the LORD.

glorydaz

One can not rely on any accuracy of GTs rendering of what other people say.

The Spirit which came from Heaven to anoint Jesus at His baptism was the Spirit of the Father Himself, but obviously Jesus was alive with His own human spirit before the Father anointed Him with Himself.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

LA

No, He was anointed with the Holy Spirit for His priestly roll of offering Himself as a Sacrifice for sin....to fulfil the law which required it.

He was "God with Us" from the moment He became flesh. John 1:14

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bit what of the Holy Spirit upon conception from an angel of the LORD.

Why assume more than scripture states---

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

LA

glorydaz

Jesus became the same thing he was before coming to earth.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Except He is also a man....a resurrected man. The firstborn from the dead.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, He was anointed with the Holy Spirit for His priestly roll of offering Himself as a Sacrifice for sin....to fulfil the law which required it.

He was "God with Us" from the moment He became flesh. John 1:14

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.​

Gods word became flesh, not God become flesh.

What scripture says Jesus was anointed to offer Himself a sacrifice for sin?

Act 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

GT thinks Jesus was a man in Heaven who came down from Heaven to become a man on earth and now returned to become a man in Heaven again.

LA

glorydaz

Why assume more than scripture states---

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

LA

You mean that HOLY One?

Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Isaiah 12:6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

God's Truth

He became a Man in the flesh, but he was and is now the Spiritual body of the Jesus.

God's Truth

GT thinks Jesus was a man in Heaven who came down from Heaven to become a man on earth and now returned to become a man in Heaven again.

LA

Jesus is the First and the Last.

Jesus had the Spiritual body of the Man Jesus BEFORE coming to earth.

Jesus gave up that body and came to earth in a flesh body.

Then he went back to heaven and received the same resurrected Spiritual body he had before coming to earth.

glorydaz

Gods word became flesh, not God become flesh.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH GOD, and the Word WAS GOD. :think:

What scripture says Jesus was anointed to offer Himself a sacrifice for sin?

Act 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

LA

Matthew 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.​

He was anointed for all His roles....Prophet, Priest, and KING.

God's Truth

Right; and, he returned to the same glory he had before coming to earth. He is the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You can call yourself old, it's a state of mind and a relative term. God created us humans to live for ever, and when that was revoked, a thousand years was made to suffice. Look at how old the patriarchs were when then had their first children, it helps to keep perspective.

As for whether age makes one hard headed, stupid, or stubborn, arguing that point and then placing yourself in the same bracket as Keypurr doesn't actually help things, does it? Stubborn is as stubborn does, one can be stubborn with or without age, and age does not make one stubborn. I don't plan on becoming old and I try not to become stubborn. Should I age, that does not necessitate the other.

Ride on, Forest :bowser:

marhig

Just because Christ is now synonymous with the Holy Spirit/ spirit of GOD doesn't mean the Spirit of GOD/ Holy Spirit/ Christ wasn't around until the physical conception of the man Jesus. Nor does it by necessity mean that the Holy Spirit was limited to Jesus.

peace
Hi, Why would you think that I don't believe that the Spirit of Christ was around before the physical conception of the man Jesus? I don't think I've ever said that, Christ has always been with the father and he was sent by the father, so he must have been with God before he was born in the flesh.

And I've never said that the Holy Spirit is limited either, I believe that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit sent by the father in the name of Christ. I believe that the Holy Spirit was with Jesus and not that Jesus is the only Holy Spirit and Jesus certainly isn't the father according to the bible. The father is also the father of Christ Jesus and Jesus calls himself and the father "we" and "our" so he isn't the father. There is the father, Son and Holy Spirit. And according to the scriptures, the Father is God and father of all, including Christ Jesus, and Jesus even says this himself.