Truster is not a liar

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Staff has to decide if it's okay to call someone a liar, regardless of content.

Liar, is most often used during theological differences.

There has to be a standard set.

Amen!

To call another a "liar" is to accuse one of being nothing better than a child of Satan!

Eagles Wings

Let's start with what Truster says to nearly everyone on this board. Nothing others say comes close to his venom and vitriol.

This is simply religious "political correctness" and a stupid bunch of complaining.

Grow up and move on, all you whining babies.
The issue is about calling one another liar.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Truster is not a liar, no matter the subject of discussion.

He confesses absolute trust in Jesus Christ, as I suppose you also confess.

So, does the fact that you disagree about whether the hurricanes are judgments from God, qualify you in any sense as being a liar, or is it simply your expression of personal belief?

IOW's where does any sinner full of faults and lacking omniscience, have the right to call another like sinner, a "liar" for expressing a different view?

Frankly, I also tend to believe all these recent calamities come from the sovereign hand of God. Will you declare me a "liar" for saying so?
I would not declare a fellow believer a liar. That is not my approach. I am merely stating how it is done on TOL. TOL does not protect people who present themselves as self styled prophets from the textual pillorying they will receive that results from posts like this--->
In His infinite mercy the Eternal Almighty sends another warning. Mankind has named the warning maria.
Looks like, smells like self styled prophecy. Folks like this have caused Christianity to be mocked by unbelievers. No doubt Truster sincerely believes what he is saying, but TOL does not support statements like this nor is it to be a clearinghouse for self styled prophecy. Thus this site will not protect it.

Eagles Wings

It's more than that, and you know it very well. I'd rather be called a liar than have to tolerate the outright slander that rolls out of Bluster's gaping maw. The things I've seen him call dear brothers and sisters in the Lord make me gag. Don't join the hypocrite brigade, EW.

Simmer down, there will be no brigade joining.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I would not declare a fellow believer a liar. That is not my approach. I am merely stating how it is done on TOL. TOL does not protect people who present themselves as self styled prophets from the textual pillorying they will receive that results from posts like this--->Looks like, smells like self styled prophecy. Folks like this have caused Christianity to be mocked by unbelievers. No doubt Truster sincerely believes what he is saying, but TOL does not support statements like this.

Just because you do not share his view or have never been so taught, does not give you or others the right to condemn or ban his scriptural warnings.

Nor does it give any other member the right to call him a liar, without giving proper argument or explanation for disagreeing with his teaching.

IOW's, it is not enough to call him names, vilify, or ridicule him for his sincere warnings and call him a liar just to shut him up.

What if he is indeed wrong? No reason to hate him is there? What harm is done?

But what if he is right?