ECT Hebrews- Problem verses for Interplanner

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's been answered before.
You just don't like the answer.
And when you do counter his argument, he responds with a different question, "Oh yeah? Welllllllllllllllllllll, what about this over here!!!!"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(Psalm 23:5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Like I said, he reigned in both war times and peace times.
You didn't know that?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The kingdom is not of this world. Never will be.

(John 18:36) Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

It will only get worse on planet earth, not better.

Which is why I'm really glad the kingdom is not on planet earth.
Who is it again that inherits the earth?

Have you lost your bible?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The kingdom is not of this world. Never will be.

(John 18:36) Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

It will only get worse on planet earth, not better.

Which is why I'm really glad the kingdom is not on planet earth.

Right! It'll be of heaven on this earth.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What does" little while" mean in those verses?????

Does it match up with your claim earlier that "little while" couldn't possibly be very long?

The Psalm verse is a poem.

The Haggai verse refers to the Second Temple and 70AD.

However, the Hebrew verse has a caveat: "and will not tarry".

As I said earlier, you have to take the context of the book of Hebrews, and all the other verses that made it crystal clear that Christ Jesus was returning soon:

(Heb 1:2 KJV) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

(Heb 8:13 KJV) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

(Heb 9:26 KJV) For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

(Heb 10:25 KJV) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And when you do counter his argument, he responds with a different question, "Oh yeah? Welllllllllllllllllllll, what about this over here!!!!"

Nope....I don't recall steko, or any other Darby Follower explaining how "in these last days" really doesn't mean "in these last days".

Care to give it a shot?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Psalm verse is a poem.

You think because words are in poem that it makes those words have a different definition???

ROFL!

How long after that poem was spoken/written was "little while" going to happen?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who is it again that inherits the earth?

Keep reading Matthew 5:

(Matt 5:12 KJV) Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, Tet, a king can reign in peace.

1 Chronicles 22:9 KJV
(9) Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Keep reading Matthew 5:

(Matt 5:12 KJV) Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

So, to you, this means that Mat 5:5 is false????

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 5:5 (KJV)

Right, which is a quote of prophecy right out of Ps 37 concerning the restored remnant of the nation of Israel and the kingdom at hand under the rule of Messiah.

Psa 37:10* For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.*
Psa 37:11* But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace
Psa 37:22* For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
Psa 37:29* The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You think because words are in poem that it makes those words have a different definition???

You have to look at the context.

The verse says "a little while". It could mean 5 minutes, a day, a week, a month, a year, 10 years, 100 years, etc.

However, there is a caveat: "and will not tarry". Meaning He would not delay.

And, when you factor in all the other verses from Hebrews, it's very obvious that the writer of Hebrews was making it clear that Christ was going to return soon. Which is what happened in 70AD.

Because you're a Darby Follower, you have to fight the words of Hebrews.

"in these last days" is self-explanatory. The writer of Hebrews made it crystal clear right off the bat, that the last days were when he wrote his epistle, not 2,000+ years into the future, like you Darby Followers claim.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope!!!

The kingdom will NEVER, NEVER, EVER be on planet earth.

It's a kingdom NOT of this world.

We still are living in the same kosmos which existed when Christ spoke those words.
His kingdom is not of this kosmos and shall never be.
It'll be of a different kosmos...the rule of heaven upon this earth.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, Tet, a king can reign in peace.

1 Chronicles 22:9 KJV
(9) Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

Tam, Tam, Tam.

Try reading it a few times.

...."from all his enemies round about"....

Notice the enemies still exist. God gave David rest from his enemies. Those enemies attacked Israel in the future.

That's not what happens with Christ Jesus. All of Christ Jesus' enemies are destroyed for good. They are thrown in the lake of fire. NEVER, to emerge again.

You need to loose being a follower of John Nelson Darby.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Right, which is a quote of prophecy right out of Ps 37 concerning the restored remnant of the nation of Israel and the kingdom at hand under the rule of Messiah.

Psa 37:10* For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.*
Psa 37:11* But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace
Psa 37:22* For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
Psa 37:29* The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever*
So part of that prophecy is that those who inherit the earth shall become meek .. :think: