Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

No, but if he says that a private citizen who won't stand and salute the flag is a traitor, I don't see how he can not say that about people who actually took up arms to fight the country under an opposing flag, many actually breaking an oath to do it. I wish to highlight the contradiction.

Well you have him dead to rights there. He believes like you in this regard...You're both nationalists...your on the left, he is on the right. And both wrong. But that's a discussion for another time.

rexlunae

Well you have him dead to rights there. He believes like you in this regard...You're both nationalists...your on the left, he is on the right. And both wrong. But that's a discussion for another time.

I am not a nationalist. I just don't particularly like racist double-standards.

rexlunae

You didn't say the confederacy was nothing but a bunch of slaveholding traitors to this the country in the Charlottesville thread...and by the implication of your comments here in this thread by the wording of your post to PJ?

I may have, and they were. But the key to the insult was "slaveholder". I don't particularly have a problem with people not feeling a great deal of loyalty to their nation. But then, they probably shouldn't call out the loyalty of others for lesser reasons. And the bottom line is, it matter to me why you don't like your country. If you don't like your country because you're afraid they might not let you keep slaves much longer, I have no sympathy. If you have a problem with your country because of a history of persistent and sustained injustices, then I can understand and relate to that.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Different how? Was it really a greater wrong to kneel in front of the flag than to engage in armed insurrection against it?
Did I say it was a greater wrong? That's the problem with the left, they want to drag up slavery every time things today are "unsatisfactory". Did they kneel during Obama's tenure? Or was there no social injustice until Trump was elected? If you're ashamed of America move out, go find social justice somewhere else in the world.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Different how? Was it really a greater wrong to kneel in front of the flag than to engage in armed insurrection against it?

Not when the head honcho of the country that that flag is suppose to represent condones and even promotes violence against minorities ...
“When you see these towns and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, and I said, ‘Please don’t be too nice,’” Trump said.

“Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over, like, don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody, don’t hit their head, I said, ‘You can take the hand away, OK?’” he added.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kim is also bad and scary. What we don't need is Trump to be inflaming the situation.

The only difference I see between these two *leaders* is that the US has always been a country that would not tolerate such behavior towards our citizens ... AND we would never give one man such power to abuse.

rexlunae

Did I say it was a greater wrong?

Well, if it's not a greater wrong, how does it being a "different time" change anything? I'm looking to understand how you apply the standard you're using.

That's the problem with the left, they want to drag up slavery every time things today are "unsatisfactory".

It's more a question of Trump's seemingly very inconsistent demands for respect. He demands respect for Confederate soldier's monuments. And he condemns black people who protest because they aren't respecting the flag. But surely the Confederates respected it less. Right? Tell me where I'm wrong.

Did they kneel during Obama's tenure? Or was there no social injustice until Trump was elected?

There was a crescendo of racial injustice in the election of Trump. But it's not like there weren't protests before. It's been a long struggle.

If you're ashamed of America move out, go find social justice somewhere else in the world.

No. I'd rather try to fix the problem than cut and run, as long as a fix seems possible.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Ugly: Trump's Kapernick comments

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...rotested-during-the-national-anthem-in-week-3

Here are the players who protested in Week 3 (most recent updates first):

Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens, whose players had never protested during the anthem previously, had 10 players who took a knee before Sunday's game in London against the Jaguars: linebackers Terrell Suggs, C.J. Mosley, Tim Williams, Tyus Bowser and Za'Darius Smith, wide receiver Mike Wallace, defensive lineman Carl Davis, safety Tony Jefferson, and defensive backs Anthony Levine and Lardarius Webb. -- Jamison Hensley

Jacksonville Jaguars: Jaguars players linked arms in London for the national anthem before their game against the Ravens. Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye, Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, Tashaun Gipson, Yannick Ngakoue and Dante Fowler were among the players who also took a knee -- and they were joined by Jaguars coach Doug Marrone. Owner Shad Khan stood and linked arms with Marcedes Lewis and Telvin Smith. -- Michael DiRocco

And I heard that the Steelers are planning to stay in the locker room during the anthem.

:thumb:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well, if it's not a greater wrong, how does it being a "different time" change anything? I'm looking to understand how you apply the standard you're using.

It's more a question of Trump's seemingly very inconsistent demands for respect. He demands respect for Confederate soldier's monuments. And he condemns black people who protest because they aren't respecting the flag. But surely the Confederates respected it less. Right? Tell me where I'm wrong.

There was a crescendo of racial injustice in the election of Trump. But it's not like there weren't protests before. It's been a long struggle.

No. I'd rather try to fix the problem than cut and run, as long as a fix seems possible.
From 2014 - an intelligent black man who actually gets it

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Should he be diplomatic and PC like all the presidents before him? That's why we are where we are.

Oh please. This isn't about being PC or not. Non-PC isn't making up a stupid nickname for Kim. Non-PC isn't a stream of threats about wiping NK off the map. It's like Trump wants a war with NK.

Honestly, I'm not sure any approach will really work with NK as prior administrations didn't have much success either, but yes I'd rather have a President who showed more interest in diplomacy over fiery rhetoric.

Status
Not open for further replies.