The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

I never said that.

Jesus was born a man like all men but was bought up by the living word of God which people like you do not know about.

LA

Oops, you forgot about His being God (and with God) from the beginning....before He became flesh (like no other man ever had) being conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Apparently you not only don't know that, but don't believe what the Bible tells you, either.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oops, you forgot about His being God (and with God) from the beginning....before He became flesh (like no other man ever had) being conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Apparently you not only don't know that, but don't believe what the Bible tells you, either.

You claim the word God spoke was the second person of a trinity.

The word had to become flesh before Jesus appeared.

LA

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

LA

I'm not sure how you get "the word God spoke was the second person of a trinity" out of the Bible, as people cannot be "spoken."

people != words

The Logos in John 1:1 is not "a" word, but "the" Word."

The Word IS Jesus. Not "a" word, "the" Word.

Notice the capital letter "W"? In English, capital letters at the beginning of a word typically indicate a name, like Jesus, Moses, Joseph, or title, like Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar, Master.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. . . . John bore witness of Him...

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’” - John 1:14-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John1:14-15&version=NKJV

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ - John 1:29-30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John1:29-30&version=NKJV

John isn't talking about two different people or beings. The Word and Jesus are one and the same.

glorydaz

LA

No, I don't claim the word God spoke is the second person of the trinity.

John tells us that the Word was WITH GOD, and WAS GOD. THE WORD is the name of God who became flesh and dwelt among us. God has many names, as I would hope you know. It was God, the Word, who became flesh.

If you insist on claiming the spoken word of God became flesh, then you must also say the spoken word of God was WITH GOD AND WAS GOD from the beginning. Is that your claim?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, I don't claim the word God spoke is the second person of the trinity.

John tells us that the Word was WITH GOD, and WAS GOD. THE WORD is the name of God who became flesh and dwelt among us. God has many names, as I would hope you know. It was God, the Word, who became flesh.

If you insist on claiming the spoken word of God became flesh, then you must also say the spoken word of God was WITH GOD AND WAS GOD from the beginning. Is that your claim?

The record God has given of His son is that He was born through Mary from mankind by the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit and bought up by His Father through the administering of His word.

Anything added to that is sin.

LA

God's Truth

The record God has given of His son is that He was born through Mary from mankind by the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit and bought up by His Father through the administering of His word.

LA

LA,

I can prove easily that you have a false doctrine. The Spirit of Jesus is given to the saved. The saved only receive one Spirit. Only God can be in thousands upon thousands of saved.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not sure how you get "the word God spoke was the second person of a trinity" out of the Bible, as people cannot be "spoken."

people != words

Notice the capital letter "W"? In English, capital letters at the beginning of a word typically indicate a name, like Jesus, Moses, Joseph, or title, like Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar, Master.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’” - John 1:14-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John1:14-15&version=NKJV

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ - John 1:29-30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John1:29-30&version=NKJV

John isn't talking about two different people or beings. The Word and Jesus are one and the same.

So you say the word is a being.

The Father is a being.

You have at least two beings existing before Jesus was born.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA,

I can prove easily that you have false doctrine. The Spirit of Jesus is given to the saved. The saved only receive one Spirit. Only God can be in thousands upon thousands of saved.

I can prove easily you do not know Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is that of the Father who reveals His son in the saved.

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

LA

glorydaz

LA

Oh dear..... Are you really that blind?

Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 1:18
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus was LORD before and after He became flesh. For you to try and claim He was the spoken word or written word which became flesh is ludicrous. He was God in the womb of Mary, just as He was human.

Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.​

God's Truth

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

LA

That scripture proves they are the same.

Answer the question. How many Spirits is a saved person given?

glorydaz

That scripture proves they are the same.

Answer the question. How many Spirits is a saved person given?

ONE....The Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ. The Holy Spirit comes out from God, and is sent by the Son, just as Jesus came out from God, and was sent by the Father. John 16:27KJV, John 17:8KJV

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter (HOLY SPRIT) is come, whom I (JESUS) will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

popsthebuilder

people != words

You said a word can't be a person, but if you read Genesis you will find that all was spoken into existence.

God's Truth

ONE....The Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ. The Holy Spirit comes out from God, and is sent by the Son, just as Jesus came out from God, and was sent by the Father. John 16:27KJV, John 17:8KJV

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

But when the Comforter (HOLY SPRIT) is come, whom I (JESUS) will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

The Father and Jesus are Spirit too, the same Spirit.

The Holy Spirit isn't a different person who acts like the Father and Jesus.

God Himself lives in the saved. Jesus Christ himself lives in the saved. They are the same one and only divine Spirit.

God's Truth

LA

Those scriptures prove what I said.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was LORD before and after He became flesh.

No--

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

For you to try and claim He was the spoken word or written word which became flesh is ludicrous.

No.

Jesus was the word become flesh.

You (like GT)are of the gnostics to claim Jesus needed no flesh to exist--

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Jesus was the son of God from His birth from Marys womb--

Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One being....We see that here. The Word was WITH GOD AND WAS GOD. If there were two beings then this verse would not be true. The "with" would be there, but not the "was".

There was one being the creator in the beginning and in due time He begat a Son.

who became the first born of the new creation.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus lives in the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit in Him.

LA