The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

It is only different wording; the meaning is the same. The man Jesus who's spirit was of GOD and the Holy Spirit was not the fullness there of as the man grew along with the spirit. If He was in the utter fullness of the Spirit then the spirit would not have been able to grow, nor would it have needed to. His spirit was the Holy Spirit ever as He was boy/man; bit the Spirit was not limited to Him and so He wasn't in the fullness there of to me.
There is a major difference in saying Jesus had a Spirit from God versus Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.
It does not mean the same thing.

How does a thing at full capacity grow?
Jesus was fully God's Spirit come as a Man.

If one comes as a human, one must start from a baby in the womb and grow into a Man.

The spirit of the man Jesus is too the spirit of GOD. I see no real need for further division past that simple pertinent truth.
Glad to hear you say that.

I cannot say definitively that Jesus as man had a separate spirit than the Holy Spirit.

See that is why you cause confusion on what you believe. You just said the spirit of the Man Jesus is the Spirit of God; but now you say you cannot say. That type of talk causes confusion.

I could see how, but to surmise such due to mere possibility is, well.... conjecture.
No, it would not be conjecture. It is scripture. Many scriptures show that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit.
The spirit of GOD was in Christ leading Him. He denied temptation, yet GOD cannot be tempted. It seems to support that He denied His spirit as it was able to be tempted,
No. It means he did not live to please his FLESH.

and he followed the Holy Spirit, not falling into temptation giving place for sin.

I really do not see the point in arguing over it.

You can't argue about it because you are not settled in the truth about it.

We see it the same as it pertains to us now at this time. Why fight or debate over what is of no help to any?

Shame on you.

Christ is the spirit of GOD. Is that not what matters?
You just said it was conjecture.
His words are life everlasting. Does that not take precedence over who we claim He was as a man 2000 years ago?

You should not judge the topic as unnecessary, or unhelpful, just because you have no idea.

God's Truth

No need to go that slow. I understand about spiritual bodies.

Yes, yes, I know all that.

As I said....you have no evidence for any of that. It's all conjecture on your part.

It is not conjecture.

Jesus said he will have the same glory he had with the Father before coming to earth.

Jesus is the First and the Last.

God's Truth

God made the world through the body of Christ, and God made the plan for salvation to be through the body of Christ the Man.

Jesus puts us in him; he reconciles us to him.

Reconciled means put back to where we were.

We were made in Christ and have to get reconciled to him. We have to be put back in Christ.

glorydaz

Which was also quickly deduced by others on this same board when defining what scripture must mean by "the image of God." Would you like to veer back on topic?

Others who were as wrong as you are? No thanks. Man was made in the image of God...that is what the Scripture says. Whatever your deductions might lead you to are of no interest to me.

God's Truth

Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

Romans 5:10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

2 Corinthians 5:18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Ephesians 2:16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Colossians 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—

glorydaz

So, you will attack someone like Pops who says that you are describing a God of multiple people, and say that Trinitarians never claim that. But when confronted that Trinitarians have said that, it's suddenly OK as long as they will say the word "Trinity?"

That's a bit two-faced. Or a double standard. Reminds me of a passage about diverse weights and measures.

Pops is a man of very little understanding. I will share what I see from the word.

How Bright Raven explains it is not my concern since he clearly sees the triune nature of God...and does not confuse his understanding of humanity and deity. That you have chosen to pick through what you want, says more about you than it does me.

I haven't seen BR use the term "people", however. I've seen him use the word persons. Perhaps you could provide a quote from him, and we can see it in context. Would that make it so that you would allow me to converse with someone without your express permission?

Find it....present it....then we'll talk about it.

glorydaz

It is not conjecture.

Jesus said he will have the same glory he had with the Father before coming to earth.

Jesus is the First and the Last.

Yes, He was with God and was God. The Glory of God is His. No question about that.

His being the First and Last speaks of His eternal nature as God.

The rest of what you offer is conjecture.

God's Truth

How about some verses that actually say what you claim here?

The ones you posted do NOT say anything of the sort.

Yes they do.

You can't even give a scripture that says Jesus is love. Yet you want to take away the plain proof I gave for being reconciled and Jesus being given the same glory he had before.

God's Truth

Yes, He was with God and was God. The Glory of God is His. No question about that.

His being the First and Last speaks of His eternal nature as God.

The rest of what you offer is conjecture.

No. What you say is just denial. You have not disproved what I said. Mere denial means nothing to me.

God's Truth

I have proven with scripture that everything was made through Jesus.

I have proven with scripture that man was cast out.

I have proven with scripture that we get back to God through Jesus.

glorydaz

Keypurr is not going to change his views in any way because he is 81 years old. I argued these same points with him when he was his 70s, but never got anywhere. Now, I do not try.

Just because someone is old does not make their stupid nor stubborn. And eighty-one is hardly old considering we were originally built on the thousand year plan - it's our flesh that ages faster from this fallen world, not necessarily our minds. If Keypurr is stubborn it is because he is Keyprr, not because he has lived eighty-one years.

So you really have no idea. You should taste your own words before serving them to others.

Why are you trying to pick a fight to argue that old age necessarily makes one stubborn? You'll argue anything it seems...

Well, let's see who started the "argument", shall we? :chuckle:

glorydaz

I have proven with scripture that everything was made through Jesus.

By, through, and for Him....Scripture proves that.

I have proven with scripture that man was cast out.

Every Sunday school child knows that. ;) (No offense intended).

I have proven with scripture that we get back to God through Jesus.

In a manner of speaking. Peace with mankind was accomplished through Christ's death on the cross.

But you haven't proven that Jesus had the same spiritual body in the beginning that He had after He had resurrected from the dead. That was your claim, was it not?

God's Truth

By, through, and for Him....Scripture proves that.

Every Sunday school child knows that. ;) (No offense intended).

In a manner of speaking. Peace with mankind was accomplished through Christ's death on the cross.

But you haven't proven that Jesus had the same spiritual body in the beginning that He had after He had resurrected from the dead. That was your claim, was it not?

Jesus received the same glory he had before the world was made.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

God's Truth

I'm just interested to see where you come up with the idea that Jesus had His resurrected body from the beginning. So far, I don't see it.

Jesus ascended to God and received a Spiritual body, the same glory he had with God before the world was made.

We are reconciled to God. That means we are put back in Jesus. Reconciled means back where you were.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus got his flesh from his earthly side by Mary, and his Spirit is from the Spirit of God Himself; and is God's Spirit.

Then he was not made like unto his brethren, you say.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
Heb 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
Heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.