Separation gone too far - the making of a secular state

Lon

I didn't skirt the question. The question was a straw man, and an insincere one at that. Lon claims that he absolutely needs state deism, despite the fact that he's made it this long without it, and then he immediately pivoted to something else. Before he even got the deism. I don't believe that what he wants is just a little religion around the edges. I think he wants me to take a back seat in my own country to the pious, and that he gave away his true motives.
:nono: You are equating wrongly. If you want to know 'what' I believe and 'what' I think is 'too far' ask. You jumped right in with inanity and accusation. TRY dialogue. Working from your own fears and agenda is simply you working from your own fears and agenda. LEARN to dialogue. Most of the time, with me, you are wrong and giving what is feigned in your head. A-S-K.

In a nutshell, I want people to be able to be who they are without harassment from government AND I don't care if a bit of it crosses into their government lives whenever it is good for society. I DO think it is good for society to see Muslims, Hindus, or Christians pray. I am genuinely against it being coercive past witnessing something good taking place. Read the OP. It is even that clearly worded as to the title as well. As Jose and I had discussed, and you could have learned from him as well as I, the only point of our contention was 'how far is too far.' The rest we are in agreement on. -Lon