Who will answer my questions?

glorydaz

Evidently the questions I ask are too hard for you.

What is so difficult about answering my question about how Christ Jesus is described in I Timothy 2:5?

There is nothing difficult about it.

All you have to do is read it and answer my question.

All that would requires is some honest reading and honest answering.

Odd, that I am in a position to point out that you are incapable of an honest straightforward answer, when I put the verse right in front of you!!!

Seriously Oats? I've answered this question before...more than once, and you simply ignore my response. A mediator must be an equal representative of two sides. The two sides are God and man. Jesus had to be Divine and Human in order to represent both sides. So, He came out from God, down from heaven gave HIMSELF to pay the price for sinful man. He was the only possible mediator between God and man. The WORD become flesh for that very purpose.
1 Tim. 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;​

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;​

How does scripture describe Christ Jesus in I Timothy 2:5?

Be honest this time.

1 Tim. 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

glorydaz

Completely ignore simple truth.... Nice

All while trying to further beat down the low. Oh so Christ like.

Why didn't I simply swallow your words whole? I'm surely damned.

Oh wait; that's right; we are to test the spirits by their works; you know; the works that you don't even believe are a product of effectual faith in the believer. Well all(including your words) really is work that bears the fruit of the spirit.

That is all I will say on it. But I do ask that you don't pretend to care for the well being of your enemy when your works and fruit do show otherwise before all with ears and eyes.

Don't take your fear and anger out on me, Pops. You asked me to help you see. When I try you get all huffy and defensive. Your resistance to the gospel of grace has put you in a deep hole. You're in that hole because you refuse to recognize Jesus Christ as your Lord God and Saviour. Until you do that, you are beating your head against the wall and cursing me out for not patting your back while you do it.

You're not my enemy....you're simply lost.

You really did ignore the entire chapter.....it's talking about our being Christ's body and Christ being God's body. "Ye are Christ's" (body), and Christ is God's" (body).....the visible of the invisible. We are the visible of the invisible Lord now.

PS....you don't know my works, Pops. You only imagine I'm as helpless as you are. He gets all the glory for all those things you imagine I'm not doing.

glorydaz

What is it you think I deny again?

I agree that Jesus was the Son of GOD and God in the form of man, and that He defeated death.

Again; what do I deny specifically?

The Spirit of GOD wholly filled the Man Jesus; the Christ of GOD.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Seriously Oats? I've answered this question before...more than once, and you simply ignore my response. A mediator must be an equal representative of two sides. The two sides are God and man. Jesus had to be Divine and Human in order to represent both sides. So, He came out from God, down from heaven gave HIMSELF to pay the price for sinful man. He was the only possible mediator between God and man. The WORD become flesh for that very purpose.

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;​

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Yep!

Job 9:33

popsthebuilder

I'm not asking you to do anything, Pops. You were the one asking me to help you understand. Then when I attempt to do so, you get all snippy an smart mouthed.

Jesus was one person...a person with two natures. How many others do you know who were conceived of the Holy Spirit, and how do you think that came about?

I don't think God was limited at all, so quit with the flip rebuttals. It's childish when you have zilch to back up your words.
Fine; I'll just ask a simple question. If that's okay with you...

If the Son of GOD; the Son of man, Jesus of Nazareth was omniscient (without limit in knowledge) prior to returning to GOD, then why did He not know the time or day of the end?

I'm pretty sure you understand that our perfect Jesus didn't lie; soooo, what gives?

Matthew: 24. 36. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mark: 13. 32. But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

popsthebuilder

Don't take your fear and anger out on me, Pops. You asked me to help you see. When I try you get all huffy and defensive. Your resistance to the gospel of grace has put you in a deep hole. You're in that hole because you refuse to recognize Jesus Christ as your Lord God and Saviour. Until you do that, you are beating your head against the wall and cursing me out for not patting your back while you do it.

You're not my enemy....you're simply lost.

You really did ignore the entire chapter.....it's talking about our being Christ's body and Christ being God's body. "Ye are Christ's" (body), and Christ is God's" (body).....the visible of the invisible. We are the visible of the invisible Lord now.

PS....you don't know my works, Pops. You only imagine I'm as helpless as you are. He gets all the glory for all those things you imagine I'm not doing.
I imagine nothing. I speak of your evil works here on display.

And by the way; I fear nothing but the consequences of my own actions or the lack of those actions. Those things you deme unimportant in the sight of GOD, the judge of man.

Are you going to answer me? What do I deny? Out with it.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Fine; I'll just ask a simple question. If that's okay with you...

If the Son of GOD; the Son of man, Jesus of Nazareth was omniscient (without limit in knowledge) prior to returning to GOD, then why did He not know the time or day of the end?

I'm pretty sure you understand that our perfect Jesus didn't lie; soooo, what gives?

Matthew: 24. 36. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mark: 13. 32. But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

I will answer you, Pops, not because I think you will give any credence to what I say, but because I love discussing the scripture, and this is an interesting study...regarding Christ's deity and humanity.

My personal belief is that Jesus, being God, knew all things, but as a man, He was not to "know so as to be able to speak" of those things He was to keep secret. He said He only spoke what the Father bid Him to speak, and He could only relate what the Father bid Him to relate. We see that cleared up somewhat after He had risen when He tells the apostles this:

Acts 1:6-7 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.​

Notice here He says He has not spoken of Himself....yet it would seem as though that was what He was doing in the verses you provided. My understanding would be that the Lord God provided all the words Jesus the man was to speak, and He was obedient in doing exactly that. Since no man was to know, He could honestly say He was included in that.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.​

It wouldn't be the only time Jesus might be accused of being deceitful....just look at the parables. They were spoken so that some would not understand.

glorydaz

I imagine nothing. I speak of your evil works here on display.

And by the way; I fear nothing but the consequences of my own actions or the lack of those actions. Those things you deme unimportant in the sight of GOD, the judge of man.

Are you going to answer me? What do I deny? Out with it.

:popcorn:

marhig

If you want to seriously understand Christian theology, there are many good theologian able to explain; ARM comes to mind. It is not that I am above explaining, it is I am not up to typing long dialogues.
Christian theology isn't to be in Christ. There are many different denominations, which one is truly right? None of them! Only Christ Jesus is the way and only he is the right way to follow. Once we are born of God and walk in the Spirit then we are in Christ and Christ is in us. We have the bible, and God will teach us all things through the Spirit.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Yes, seriously, glo

Your reply is not an answer to my question.

You are answering a question that does not remotely resemble what I have asked

So, I will ask it again, but I will narrow it down even further.

How does scripture describe Christ Jesus, our one mediator, in I Timothy 2:5?

a. God Christ Jesus

b. Godman Christ Jesus

c. fully God/fully man Christ Jesus

d. second person in the holy trinity Christ Jesus

e. God the Son Christ Jesus

f. the man Christ Jesus

What is so difficult about answering that question?

Either you can that scripture with comprehension or you cannot.

So far, you have not answered that question.

Why not? are you threatened by it?

How could you be possibly be threatened by it if indeed God is on your side and not on my side?

Is it wrong in your theology to admit what scripture actually says?

Are you not permitted to answer simple questions in your religion?

Romans 4:3a KJV

"What saith the scripture?"

Well, why not answer? What does the scripture say in I Timothy 2:5?

It scripture beneath you?

Isn't every word in scripture authored by God?

What saith the scripture?

All the rest of your reply I can deal with in due time, but why?

If you cannot admit that God calls the one mediator between God and men a man, which it plainly does, why would I believe your interpretation of the rest of the verses you used in your post aren't as willfully ignorant?

I was a defender of the trinity long time ago.

Then I started paying attention to wanting to know more, and scripture, instead of theology, came my way.

God fills those who hunger and thirst for righteousness and He certainly filled me to my personal capacity for righteousness. As I hunger and thirst for more He shall fill me with more.

Could God show me verses where He uses terms like "trinity, triune, Godman, fully God/fully man, etc." from what He authored?

Why doesn't God use those terms?

Is God's vocabulary deficient? But yours is not?

Are you wiser in vocabulary than God is?

Why didn't God use those terms to describe himself?

Since God wants us to come to the knowledge of the truth, why doesn't He use your favorite theological terms?