ECT The NT theology core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
When I have suggested that you truly get inside the mind of the reader, I mean that you read these selections out loud, even with the help of an actor who is trained to see emotional spikes. There's one in our area who recites Phillippians from memory and it is quite an amazing production. To hear someone who's voice is for real instead of monotone, let alone words on a page. The passage must become alive to you; you must be able to know it even if expressed in several variations.

There is now the Talking Bible, too, read by several actors including Sorbo, Rhyss, etc. Dim the lights, shut off the phone and try an hour at a time. It will cure D'ism.
I see your problem.

Danoh

When I have suggested that you truly get inside the mind of the reader, I mean that you read these selections out loud, even with the help of an actor who is trained to see emotional spikes. There's one in our area who recites Phillippians from memory and it is quite an amazing production. To hear someone who's voice is for real instead of monotone, let alone words on a page. The passage must become alive to you; you must be able to know it even if expressed in several variations.

No wonder you are not only so confused, but so convinced your errors are sound.

lol - you've basically "nam-yo-hyo-kyo'd" yourself into your stupor :chuckle:

Interplanner

They were examples of emotional intensity about a subject. Did you not see any in PASSION OF THE CHRIST or did you crap on that too?

SaulToPaul 2

Acts 13
23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. 25 And as John fulfilled his course, he said, Whom think ye that I am? I am not he. But, behold, there cometh one after me, whose shoes of his feet I am not worthy to loose. 26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. 27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read* every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him. 28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. 29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. 30 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many* days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. 32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee

:idunno:

andyc

The restoration of Israel is spiritual and fully accomplished in, by, and through Jesus Christ.

HE is the subject, purpose, and revelation of the entire
Old Testament . . which all shadowed and foretold the bright truths of the New Testament of God.

Going back 150 to 200 years, and nearly every church would say amen to this.

andyc

So? Nearly everyone abandoned Paul's doctrine mid first century.
What does it matter what someone in 300, 900, 1400, 1700 believed?

A lot of folks back then were either on the right track with the fundamentals, or suffering persecution for standing up for the truth.
My feeling is that movements like MAD haven't yet been tried with fire, but they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.