God does not have a Father

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

God is our Father and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He does not have a Father.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

God is our Father and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He does not have a Father.

Shalom.

Jacob

So when God became flesh to dwell among us, you deny Him? John 1:1, 14

I wonder what God thinks of that ingratitude. :think:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So when God became flesh to dwell among us, you deny Him? John 1:1, 14

I wonder what God thinks of that ingratitude. :think:
I do not understand that.

That I accept the Scripture, also, does not mean that I understand them all of the time. I accept John 1:1, 14.

Did God become flesh?

The statement that Jesus is God in the flesh is another separate different statement.

What I can say is that Jesus is not the Father and Jesus is not His own Father.

However, my point was that God is our Father and that He does not have a Father.

There are people who in one sense you would not say that God is their father, Father. But God our Father is then still the Creator of us all.

God as Father makes sense. It does not make sense to say that God has a Father.

Then there is our Father God, our Father, God. And God our, the Father. But God the Father almost implies, or does imply, a God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. And though I do not want to study the Trinity and do want to know the truth I am not Trinitarian and I do not believe in the Trinity.

Did Jesus say something like if God was were your Father...

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom

No one knows who the Father is except the Son (Luke 10:22).

Shalom

Andy
Shalom.

What this means I do not know. Oh, there is more to this same verse.

Luke 10:22New American Standard Bible (NASB)

22 All things have been handed over to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.”

Shalom.

Jacob

andyc

Shalom.

What this means I do not know. Oh, there is more to this same verse.

Luke 10:22New American Standard Bible (NASB)

22 All things have been handed over to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.”

Shalom.

Jacob

Shalom

Who revealed the Father to people before Jesus arrived?

Shalom

Andy

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom

Who revealed the Father to people before Jesus arrived?

Shalom

Andy
Shalom

Great question. I do not know.

If I accept Jesus' words can I also say the prophets and the Levitical Priests? Did people just not know God as Father? Or did people in fact refer to God as their Father but they did not really know Him? What of the religious leaders in or of Jesus' day?

Shalom.

Jacob

andyc

Shalom

Great question. I do not know.

If I accept Jesus' words can I also say the prophets and the Levitical Priests? Did people just not know God as Father? Or did people in fact refer to God as their Father but they did not really know Him? What of the religious leaders in or of Jesus' day?

Shalom.

Jacob

Shalom

Obviously the answer to the question is that Jesus know the Father before he was born physically, which means that before the Father and the Son, God was known as YHWH, not Father.

Shalom

Andy

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom

Obviously the answer to the question is that Jesus know the Father before he was born physically, which means that before the Father and the Son, God was known as YHWH, not Father.

Shalom

Andy
Shalom

I do not accept your answer. I have heard, however, that YHWH is Aramaic. I do not know, but YHVH is Hebrew. Your point was a before He was known... and He is still known as YHVH. Yahveh Eloheinu, Yahveh our God. And God is our Father.

We can also say that God is the Father of His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Shalom.

Jacob

Danoh

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

Your post reminds me of that long post by pieriac - where he began to do a really great job of showing how to properly do a word study (which is actually a Bible Study Principle - Nehemiah 8:8) only to completely drop the ball he had so well a handle of - only up to that point.

For he then completely ignored HOW Christ Himself used words, WHEN talking about WHO He was, WHERE, WHEN, and with WHOM He had used said words, with regard to WHAT He had been talking about, and WHY....

Your failure is no better than his.

Actually, yours, Jacob, is even worse - you just post what YOU think - even as you often post that you "do not understand" some of the simplest things posted to you by others.

As Isaiah would have said to you...

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Try a little...

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

That right there is nothing more than the who, what, when, where, why, and how of things in Scripture also clearly pointed to in...

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

But...you are where you are, at this point, in your "own mind" and "study" practices, Jacob.

Romans 14:5 towards you, then - in memory of Romans 5:8.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Shalom

Shalom

Andy

Interesting.....

Psalms 2:12

“Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your post reminds me of that long post by pieriac - where he began to do a really great job of showing how to properly do a word study (which is actually a Bible Study Principle - Nehemiah 8:8) only to completely drop the ball he had so well a handle of - only up to that point.

For he then completely ignored HOW Christ Himself used words, WHEN talking about WHO He was, WHERE, WHEN, and with WHOM He had used said words, with regard to WHAT He had been talking about, and WHY....

Your failure is no better than his.

Actually, yours, Jacob, is even worse - you just post what YOU think - even as you often post that you "do not understand" some of the simplest things posted to you by others.

As Isaiah would have said to you...

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Try a little...

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

That right there is nothing more than the who, what, when, where, why, and how of things in Scripture also clearly pointed to in...

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

But...you are where you are, at this point, in your "own mind" and "study" practices, Jacob.

Romans 14:5 towards you, then - in memory of Romans 5:8.
Shalom.

Your verse from Nehemiah is important. I read and study the Torah Daily.

Romans 5:8 is an important verse. So is Romans 14:5. Read it in context.

My mind is important, yes. What I think and believe is important. I do not have others to criticize. So in this there is nothing of consequence to address or belabor. I have no problem saying that I do not understand. Either it is not to be understood, does not make sense, or requires more by way of explanation. I think that it would be wrong to post something that I do not think. As for the poster you are referring to, you are telling me something or using him to prove a point to me. But, if you want to address something that he has said, you should do so with him. It sounds like you disagree with something or found an answer lacking. If you are saying something to me because it was on my thread, I do not know where to begin. I do not believe myself to have failed. You do well to encourage me in regard to God's Law, His Torah. I would like to be able to answer you in a more satisfactory way.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When the Lord Jesus said that God was His Father the Jews who heard Him say that correctly understood Him to be claiming to be God (Jn.5:18). When the Lord Jesus said that He is the Son of God the Jews who heard Him correctly understood Him to be saying that He is God (Jn.10:33-36).
Shalom.

I do not believe that your words are true here.

Shalom.

Jacob

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
When the Lord Jesus said that God was His Father the Jews who heard Him say that correctly understood Him to be claiming to be God (Jn.5:18). When the Lord Jesus said that He is the Son of God the Jews who heard Him correctly understood Him to be saying that He is God (Jn.10:33-36).

Yeah, that's why Jesus corrected them.:nono: