God is not to blame for the tragedies and misfortunes that devastate mankind

oswaldo8553

There is a dilemma that strikes all mankind, at all times, is that if God is good, then He is not omnipotent; if it is omnipotent, then He is not good.

I believe that God can do anything and have the freedom to act whatever He wants in any situation, with any creature and at any time or place on earth.

However, He opted sovereignly for not interfering directly in people's lives, letting people's lives be organized without supernatural actions, although I also believe that He can do "miracles", not to favor the "favorites", but for a mysterious purpose, as it was the resurrection of Lazarus (John 11: 1-45).

Therefore, I think that the blame for the tragedies that devastate nations, as well as hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis or plagues, should not be attributed to the demonic forces, or to God himself, but to the natural circumstances of this complex universe, which is not perfect.

In addition, child deaths, AIDS epidemics, Ebola and Zika, murders of shepherds and innocents, sexual crimes, drug war and all other misfortunes occur in every part of the world, in all countries, with all kinds of people, be they religious or not, because all these things are inherent to life and its contingencies.

God does not provide a protective shell to his children to prevent them from misfortunes. Unemployment hits everyone, as well as hunger and disease. The rain falls on the just and unjust and the sun rises on the evil and good, as Jesus said in Matthew 5:45.

Jesus never fed false expectations to the disciples. On the contrary, he said in Luke 13: 1-5 that those eighteen, upon whom the tower fell in Siloam, and slew them all, were neither better nor worse than the other persons that were there.

He also said in John 9: 1-3 that the man blind from birth was not so because he had sinned, or because of his parents, which means that diseases and ills can come upon any person.

To the disciples, Jesus warned them in John 16:33 with these words: I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

This means that the only difference between the one who follows Christ and any other person is that the Christian does not remain comfortably waiting for the "divine providence" to free him from all dangers, but is prepared to face the difficulties that life provides because Jesus had already alerted him so.

What Christ promised is to be with those who trust in Him, until the end of time, as He said in Matthew 28:20, even if that happens during the tribulations and tragedies that strike us and all people.

glorydaz

Yep, sin entered the world when Adam sinned.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:​

The ground itself was cursed at that time.

Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

And all of creation is suffering from that corruption.

Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.​