Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess Bob gets half the credit as does the emailer "Awesee". :D
Bob Enyart said:
Okay, so now we're approaching 18,000!

And one of those 17,950 views was from Australia, from..., well..., let's call him Awesee:

Subject: FROM a former 5 point calvanist
Date: 3/2/2006 5:37:09 P.M. MST
To: EnyartBob@aol.com

Hi Bob,

I came across your teaching through searching the web for debates with atheists as I had become weary of Calvinism after attending Calvinist churches and adhering to their belief system. I heard a debate with a Calvinist vs. atheist that made me feel like I wanted to be an atheist as the god the Calvinist portrayed was cruel and unrelenting.

[BE: I like to use the adjectives arbitrary and capricious.]

I listened to a few more debates until coming across your one "great debate" i think it was...

[BE: I’m not sure which he’s referring to, but I think he meant Battle Royale VII with Zakath. But then...]

I've now gone through your online debate with Sam from D. James Kennedy's church and have appreciated the solid teaching from the Bible [on the Open View that] you have presented there.

I'm keen to continue on my study of God from the Open View perspective and was wondering if you could point me to some websites/authors/preachers/churches that teach this view?

[BE: Awesee has just ordered some of our BEL materials!]

Up until a couple of weeks ago I thought I was losing my faith in God, now I realize I was losing faith in the god taught by the Calvinists.

[BE: Which any calvinist worth his points would have to agree with ;) !]

Thank you for helping me understand who this God is that I now want to serve heartily!

[BE: :thumb:]

God is alive, loving and good and is not responsible for all the evil I see in the world and that has come against me.

[BE: Yes! The five primary attributes of God, far more significant than any of the quantitative attributes about the amount of divine power, knowledge, presence, emotion, or change, are the qualitative attributes, that God is Living, Personal, Relational, Good and Loving!]

Thanks again,

Awesee

[BE: Awesee, you are so very welcome! Those two months on TOL last summer are bearing great fruit, and Lord willing, Battle Royale X with Dr. Lamerson will continue to lead many Christians to understand that our God is alive, and He has a dynamic relationship between the persons of the Trinity, and with His creatures, and He will continue, this day and forever, to be free and creative.]
:first: POTD

SOURCE

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, a POTD!

Wow, a POTD!

Wow, a POTD!

I'd like to thank all those who made this award possible. Knight, the KGOV staff, Jeremiah and the apostles John and Paul for the knock-out BR X victory verses, and of course, Awesee.

Actually, Awesee earned this POTD! He deserves it!

And on his behalf... Thanks again, to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.