Evolution From Space

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has Earth spread life in the Solar System ?

Earthly bacteria could have reached distant planets and moons after being flung into space by massive meteorite impacts, scientists suggest. The proposal neatly reverses the panspermia theory, which suggests that life on Earth was seeded by microbes on comets or meteorites from elsewhere. Both theories envision life spreading through the Solar System in much the same way that germs race around a crowded classroom, says Jeff Moore, a planetary scientist at NASA's Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California. "Once one planet comes down with life, they all get it."Impacts on Mars and the Moon are known to throw rocks into space that end up on Earth as small meteorites. But spraying Earth rocks towards the edges of the Solar System is more difficult, because the material has to move away from the Sun's strong gravity.To find out just how many rocks could reach the outer Solar System, a team of scientists used a computer model to track millions of fragments ejected by a simulated massive impact, such as the one that created the Chicxulub crater some 65 million years ago.

Similar sized events are thought to have happened a few times in Earth's history.The researchers looked in part at how many Earthly fragments would reach environments thought to be relatively well suited to life, such as Saturn's moon Titan and Jupiter's moon Europa. "I assumed the answer would be very, very few," says Brett Gladman, a planetary scientist at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, who led the team. But Gladman was surprised to find that within 5 million years, about 100 objects would hit Europa, while Titan gets roughly 30 hits. He presented the results at the Lunar and Planetary Science Conference in League City, Texas, on 16 March.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
bob b said:
Has Earth spread life in the Solar System ?

Earthly bacteria could have reached distant planets and moons after being flung into space by massive meteorite impacts, scientists suggest.
Or... shot into space from the fountains of the deep.

Also see... Comets.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lord Vader said:
Interesting web site. What's your take on it?
I am a huge Walt Brown fan. :up:

I really recommend buying the book. The whole thing is online on the website but it's so much easier to read in hardcover. It's really worth it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
Ah, so you listened to Pastor Enyart's show the other day or did you come to this belief on your own?
I normally don't do this but..... I must take credit for Bob promoting Walt Brown.

I tried for TWO YEARS to get Bob to read Walt's book. Bob didn't want to because he was busy and I think he didn't want to let go of the canopy theory but I knew if Bob read the book he would like it.

Jukia

Knight said:
I normally don't do this but..... I must take credit for Bob promoting Walt Brown.

I tried for TWO YEARS to get Bob to read Walt's book. Bob didn't want to because he was busy and I think he didn't want to let go of the canopy theory but I knew if Bob read the book he would like it.

And you really buy this theory, huh? I gotta say that it clearly goes against every bit of geology and marine science that I ever read or learned. It sounds like such nonsense.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
And you really buy this theory, huh? I gotta say that it clearly goes against every bit of geology and marine science that I ever read or learned. It sounds like such nonsense.
I have more trust in Walt Brown than I do you.

No offense. :)

Lord Vader

Knight said:
I am a huge Walt Brown fan. :up:

I really recommend buying the book. The whole thing is online on the website but it's so much easier to read in hardcover. It's really worth it.

Is it the one that says the Earths crust rests, or rested, upon water without any other support?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lord Vader said:
Is it the one that says the Earths crust rests, or rested, upon water without any other support?

You obviously never read the book.

Lord Vader

Oh, well is it the one that proposes that flood waters came from a layer of water about ten miles under ground?

One Eyed Jack

I'm more interested in hearing about the one that says the Earth's crust rested on water without any other support. What's the name of that book?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Although, I think Walt Brown is the one that says the Mammoths (and a plethora of other creatures) were insta-frozen at the same event. I think on that point he is wrong because I'm pretty sure there is a great amount of water-born sediment that the Mammoths rest on which would not be the case if Dr. Brown's theory is correct about the freezing of the Mammoths.

Jukia

Yorzhik said:
Although, I think Walt Brown is the one that says the Mammoths (and a plethora of other creatures) were insta-frozen at the same event. I think on that point he is wrong because I'm pretty sure there is a great amount of water-born sediment that the Mammoths rest on which would not be the case if Dr. Brown's theory is correct about the freezing of the Mammoths.
I suspect he is wrong on most points.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yorzhik said:
OK... but we have frozen Mammoths that appear to be frozen within in seconds.

The physical evidence exists.